Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New washer and dryer delivered on Saturday.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 349

New washer and dryer delivered on Saturday.

Jul 14, 2020, 1:38 PM

Guy hooks everything up, starts a wash cycle to check for leaks, everything fine. 19She does a few loads on Saturday-Sunday. Sunday night, I notice a wet spot on the carpet outside of my office, thought the kids spilled something, didn't bother asking since the standard answer is "I didn't do it", and I didn't have the energy to whittle down the liar of the bunch.

Yesterday morning, the wet spot is still there, and I stepped next to it, and another appears. Uh oh. Start squishing around the area, and find more soaked padding in my office, and the floor in the walkin closet in my office is SOAKED. Fuuuuuuck. Pull washer out, and the cold water hose going into the machine is leaking at the coupling. Since the valve there is always in the ON position, it didn't matter whether a cycle was being run. And the dripping was slow enough that it didn't flood the tile out to the front of the machine where I would notice, but just enough that it seeped under the grout and behind the wall to the closet.

Now, the silver lining in all of this is that one of the shitty wire racks that the builder installed in this closet collapsed under the sheer weight of clothes that 19She hadn't touched in years...in November 2017. I've spent 2.5 years telling her to get her shit out of the closet so I can take all of the wire garbage out and put real shelves and racks in, but, you know, she just hasn't had the time. In 2.5 years. Well, now's the time. My office is PILED with bins, shoes, and piles of clothes. We pulled up over 2 gallons of water with the steam cleaner, and I ran a garage fan for 24 hours, which has mostly dried out the closet.

Anyway, the delivery guys that Costco contracted...nice guys, and they did what they were supposed to do, tested it, etc., and the o-ring seal just didn't seat like it was supposed to. I don't blame them, and I don't want to get them in trouble, but I still gotta call Costco concierge and tell them, right? I don't want to end up with mildew/mold problems, or be on the hook for the costs if I do. Call 'em, and at least get the issue logged, right?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

shouldn't it be 19BShe?***

Jul 14, 2020, 1:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: shouldn't it be 19BShe?***

Jul 14, 2020, 1:43 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can answer here, but first need to test for understanding:

Jul 14, 2020, 1:43 PM

Appliance guy, your wife, few loads, wet spot, squishing, soaked, pull out, leaking, dripping, seeped, rack, touched, pulled, O.

Sound about right? Got it.

Story checks out.

Jul 14, 2020, 1:46 PM

I used to ask 19She if I could put a load in the washing machine. Once in a great while, she'd say yes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was exactly how I read it. And done.

Jul 14, 2020, 2:41 PM [ in reply to I can answer here, but first need to test for understanding: ]

Twice.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. Phucumol***

Jul 14, 2020, 1:45 PM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Out of pure curiosity,

Jul 14, 2020, 1:45 PM

were you expecting any answers along the lines of:

"No way! Are you crazy man? Why would you want a giant corporation with deep pockets being on the hook for some damage their guys caused to your home? Keep that shiz to yourself dawg!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know. I think I just wanted to type a story instead

Jul 14, 2020, 1:46 PM

of working.

Out of even more pure curiousity,

Jul 14, 2020, 1:48 PM

were you expecting any answers along the lines of:

"No way! Are you crazy man? I would definitely sue a giant corporation with deep pockets being on the hook for some damage their guys caused to your home? Take that shiz to an attorney, dawg!"

Also, have you thought about becoming an erotic fiction writer?

I actually tried that at one point,

Jul 14, 2020, 1:52 PM

but typing with one hand is hard.

That's nuthin, imagine

Jul 14, 2020, 1:53 PM

the Def Leppard drummer's autobiography.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I heard that when he read the first edit of his

Jul 14, 2020, 1:55 PM

autobiography, he was pretty up in arm about it.

On a scale of 1-10, he gave this joke a 5***

Jul 14, 2020, 2:46 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who you Foolin, Animal?

Jul 14, 2020, 1:56 PM [ in reply to That's nuthin, imagine ]

I'll bet it was Hysteria.

Re: New washer and dryer delivered on Saturday.

Jul 14, 2020, 1:56 PM

Do you have the number of the installers?

I guess we shouldn't be surprised. We saw your cavalier

Jul 14, 2020, 1:57 PM

attitude on full display when you blatantly ignored your HOA restrictions to build a treehouse. Why should you care if your complaining gets these guys fired, or worse. I mean, it's only moderately likely that they'll get fired, their families will leave them, and they'll turn to heroin to numb the pain of life. So what if they end up on the street prostituting every orifice their body has in order to fend off dope sickness. AT LEAST YOUR CARPET GOT REPLACED, AMIRITE?!?!?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

19BEE....Lakebum just gave me an idea.

Jul 14, 2020, 1:59 PM

The leak was so bad that you had to pay someone to dig a foundation trench from your washer (hang with me here) TO your kitchen island, TO the gas main outside your house. YOU PICKIN UP WHAT I'M THROWIN DOWN?

YEAH, LET'S COMMIT INSURANCE FRAUD WHILE WE'RE AT IT

Jul 14, 2020, 2:01 PM

WHY NOT, WE'VE ALREADY KILLED THE INSTALL MEN!!!!!!

I LIKE TYPING IN ALL CAPS

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and he got rid of a couple of loads***

Jul 14, 2020, 2:32 PM [ in reply to I guess we shouldn't be surprised. We saw your cavalier ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New washer and dryer delivered on Saturday.

Jul 14, 2020, 2:38 PM

Pics of 19She's old nighties or GTFO***

Jul 14, 2020, 2:46 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 349
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic