Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Justyn Ross: Being on the field with Tee Higgins will be "pretty hard for defenders"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 3,406

TNET: Justyn Ross: Being on the field with Tee Higgins will be "pretty hard for defenders"

Mar 4, 2019, 7:01 AM

Justyn Ross: Being on the field with Tee Higgins will be "pretty hard for defenders"

The Clemson coaching staff knew they wanted to get both Justyn Ross and Tee Higgins on the field at the same time during the College Football Playoff, and they went to four wide receiver sets and dropped the tight end in an effort to get Ross on the field. Now they want to do it again this spring. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

New mountain to climb...***

Mar 4, 2019, 8:01 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New mountain to climb...***

Mar 4, 2019, 8:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Paint it orange and put a #4 on it...***

Mar 5, 2019, 7:59 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think having those three on the field will make it...

Mar 4, 2019, 8:16 AM

impossible to defend. Somebody is always going to be open. Three seconds in the pocket is worth no less than a first down and maybe 6 points. Talk about opening up a running game, whew.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think having those three on the field will make it...

Mar 4, 2019, 5:04 PM

I wish Galloway wasn’t suspended. I really think he could make this offense undefendable. Granted Trevor, ETN, Tee, Amari, and Justyn will light it up every week but adding another big body would just be unfair. Maybe Lay can make huge strides over the spring and summer to where the coaches will trust him and he will get major snaps this year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think having those three on the field will make it...

Mar 4, 2019, 11:05 PM

Hopefully that will be resolved soon. Our 45 day extention should be close

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Yep. And TL has the ability to always find the open man.

Mar 6, 2019, 8:22 AM [ in reply to I think having those three on the field will make it... ]

Abandon all hope, ye who enter the stadium.

Our WR depth chart is absolutely comical

Mar 4, 2019, 9:00 AM

We'll all miss Hunter but replacing him with two five-star, 6'4" recruits will help us on the road to recovery.

Can you image a four WR set with Tee, Justyn, Ngata AND Ladson? Trevor could put a blindfold on and complete a pass. Those four dudes' combined catch radii has to be the size of the entire field. I can't remember a time when we could field four receivers that tall and that good.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL!***

Mar 4, 2019, 8:10 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A few words for opposing defensive backs...

Mar 4, 2019, 9:02 AM

It sucks to be you!

Touchdown Clemson!***

Mar 4, 2019, 8:10 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Justyn Ross: Being on the field with Tee Higgins will be "pretty hard for defenders"

Mar 4, 2019, 10:18 AM

Really happy about move of Rodgers to 5! Been impressed with his catching ability and blocking downfield.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Justyn Ross: Being on the field with Tee Higgins will be "pretty hard for defenders"

Mar 4, 2019, 11:34 AM

I actually dont like ross at the 2 man. Dont get me wrong I'm sure he can run screens with the best of them but the 2 man isn't really a stretch the field position in our offense. I'm sure the coaches will adjust the position to fit the players but I'm not sure how it will be. The smartest thing I could see is putting Ladson behind Ross and Overton and NGATA behind Tee and Kendrick Powell and TJ chase behind Amari and do 3 play rotations. It's the best way to get everyone on the field.

Mar 4, 2019, 11:42 AM

Imagine if we had a stud TE out there too.

Mar 4, 2019, 4:41 PM

Remember when we had two speedsters and one faking or tossing to the other going in the opposite direction causing defenders to split their pants. Now we have 4 guys running around running routes. All TL has to do is figure who the first read is and quickly get the next 2 reads if it isn't open. Their are going to be alot of times he will do that and get rid of the ball so fast, defenders are going to stop trying to pressure or just guessing when to time rushes. The RB only has to gauge where he is going to push the line if he gets the ball and he AIN'T slow either. It will be alot easier on the line knowing just hold the line long enough for things to happen and most of the time, they won't have to hold for very long. The defense may have a beef if they have to come back on the field too quick. That is a good problem to have.

Mar 6, 2019, 8:12 AM

When I watched Justin last Spring, I said this young man is going to be famous...little did I know it would only be several months later in a championship that he would make is mark in Clemson's history books. I am pumped to see what the future holds for these young receivers this year.

Stay focused and always do what is right...

Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies: 16
| visibility 3,406
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic