Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New To IPTAY and Season Tickets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

New To IPTAY and Season Tickets

Aug 4, 2015, 12:46 PM

Hi. This is my first year as an IPTAY donor. I am at the Howard level and I purchased 4 season tickets for my family. I found out yesterday that my seats are in section TDI Rows G & H. I'm wondering if there are any other new donors that would mind sharing their level of giving and where their seats are. I made a request on my application for section UH row X but didnt get it. However, I did request lot 6 parking and got it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New To IPTAY and Season Tickets

Aug 4, 2015, 12:50 PM

I've had the same seats for a while now. Howard 4 tix LDH rows A and B. Parking DKS.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2015, 12:50 PM

Sounds about right. Keep giving at that level and move seats each year. Not a lot of movement this year due to high expectations.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very few first year IPTAY donors....

Aug 4, 2015, 12:52 PM

are going to get four seats in the lower deck, let alone in Section UH.

Bear in mind, there are alot of people with years of giving and priority ahead of you and they're not relinquishing those seats.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Aug 4, 2015, 12:55 PM

I'm a second year donor and currently at the lower 'Champion' level but would like to have the same information about seat changes/upgrades. Thanks!

I got a buddy to join this year at the

Aug 4, 2015, 1:05 PM

IPTAY Level. His seats are TDQ row L.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Ive been donating over 10 years. . I got 2 seats tdq row n.

Aug 4, 2015, 1:18 PM

Thanks iptay.

I got to marry some one's cousin in iptay . No way I'm getting lower deck this way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Aug 4, 2015, 1:09 PM

We'eve been Jervey donors for a long time and were at least Tiger before that going back 20 years or so. We've managed to move from the west end zone (before the WEZ clubs existed) to Section I and then about 4 years ago managed to get into Section H about portal level (row NN).

Also, I think the seat equity plan costs would prevent a Howard Donor from getting 4 seats in UH no matter what. UH is Orange or $400 per seat minimum donation required.

With 97% renewal rate, and the seat equity plan, it's very hard for new people making mid-level donations to get seats (and certainly not lower-deck between the 20s) and it's not any easier for long-term donors to get even slightly better seats.

Maybe someone who is a Heisman or Riggs donor might get some "personalize" treatment in getting preferential seating.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Howard is $2400. Think those seats are $550.. so 4 is $2200

Aug 4, 2015, 1:23 PM

And within Howard limit.

4 Orange seats would require $1600 which is still not Howard level.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Howard is $2400. Think those seats are $550.. so 4 is $2200

Aug 4, 2015, 1:30 PM

Yeah, my bad. Someone else said Champion Level and I got them confused with original Howard 4x.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2015, 1:16 PM

IPTAY is all about dollar bills now. I am a first year donor and donated at the FIKE level and requested 50 yard line seats and only got 15 yard line seats. First - third year donors have to at least donate at the MCFADDEN level to get lower deck seats. The best advice I can give, is meet with an IPTAY rep next year to discuss your best chances at getting the seats you want.

Aug 4, 2015, 1:19 PM

hasn't IPTAY ALWAYS been about the dollar bills?? That's what they're their for. To raise $$.

Aug 4, 2015, 1:30 PM

Yes. But it's beginning to get a little crazy. My grandfather has been donating for over 58 years to IPTAY. He served on the Board of Trustees and was an IPTAY rep for a while. He donated at the IPTAY level for many many years. He just recently dropped his donation down to a PURPLE donor because he is unable to attend many games because of his health. He called IPTAY yesterday to request 4 tickets for the Louisville game and they said he could only have 2 because he dropped down to a PURPLE donor. That's a bunch of crap.

I don't mind paying a high dollar amount as long as we keep winning. But sometimes IPTAY can get a little ridiculous.

They actually give away game priority based on points, not

Aug 4, 2015, 2:12 PM

current level of giving. Sounds like you received bad info.

Louisville only gives a few thousand tickets to visitors so those went to the very high up longtime donors.

Re: They actually give away game priority based on points, not

Aug 4, 2015, 2:15 PM

He has over 1500 points.

Iptay reps have no authority.

Aug 4, 2015, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Re: New To IPTAY and Season Tickets ]

Or do you mean some one who actually works for iptay?

Re: Iptay reps have no authority.

Aug 4, 2015, 3:10 PM

IPTAY reps can help you make the best decisions at increasing the likelihood of getting closer to where it is you want to sit. But I can tell you, the donor level matters a lot more than priority points. The priority points only help for away game tickets. It doesn't matter if you donate at the Howard level for 20 years, you still won't get lower deck tickets.

To all tiger fans, if you want better seats you gotta spend more money. It's that simple.

LOL..requested 50 yard line seats !!!

Aug 4, 2015, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Re: New To IPTAY and Season Tickets ]

Really !?!?!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL..requested 50 yard line seats !!!

Aug 4, 2015, 1:49 PM

Who wouldn't I request 50 yard line seats. They let you list three options for seat requests. Why not request 50 yard line on one of them. Hell, I paid $7,500. I'm not gonna request 5 yard line seats.

I get the whole concept of setting the bar high.....

Aug 4, 2015, 2:00 PM

but everyone knows that it is highly unlikely that a first year donor at the $7,500 level is going to get fifty yard line seats.

Re: I get the whole concept of setting the bar high.....

Aug 4, 2015, 2:14 PM

It's highly unlikely to win the lottery, but millions of people play it everyday.

Yup....

Aug 4, 2015, 2:30 PM

and they all have a better chance of winning the Power Ball than you did of getting 50 yard line seats.

Re: Yup....

Aug 4, 2015, 2:37 PM

Okay.

Can't bump people out of seats no matter your $ level.

Aug 4, 2015, 10:14 PM

If seats not available, you can't get them. Rest assured that your $7600 donation is appreciated.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every year I'm thankful I am able to get parking somewhere

Aug 4, 2015, 1:40 PM

I don't have to scramble, and tickets in Death Valley so I can see my Tigers play in person. Other than that, I don't care. :D

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Re: Every year I'm thankful I am able to get parking somewhere

Aug 4, 2015, 1:53 PM

We haven't moved up in years. Same seats, same good parking lot. I can't wait!!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

only 250 tickets opened up in the lower deck this offseason

Aug 4, 2015, 1:50 PM

according to an article I read. Nobody is giving up the seats they have, so your odds moving down are not real good.

With the bandwagon filling up again in recent years, it's just going to get harder and harder to get ANY tickets, much less wherever you want to sit.

The only guy I know who ever was able to go from upper to lower did it by becoming a Heisman donor ($10K+). And he was a 30 year IPTAY member.

Re: only 250 tickets opened up in the lower deck this offseason

Aug 12, 2015, 1:21 PM

I believe it said that 250 donors (or 3%) didn't renew their tickets. Most donors have more than 1 ticket. If you assume an average of 4 tickets per donor, that would make around 1000 tickets available in the lower deck this year. Still a pretty small number in the grand scheme though.

I know a handful of people who got bumped to the lower deck this year as 1-3 year donors, but all donated at the Jervey Level or above. I don't believe any of them were inside of the 10 yard lines though. (sections L, B, or I mostly)

Aug 4, 2015, 1:56 PM

After a few years of buying or getting tickets from friends/family, like you, I joined at the Howard level for my first year of IPTAY (spring 2014). I only purchased two tickets, so I was able to get into the first few rows. My first seat assignment was in TDS, Row E. My intent was to join at the IPTAY level last year, but after speaking with the IPTAY office, I realized I was going to be in the top deck, so I just did the Howard level. I only used the tickets a handful of times last year, so my main intent was to get established in IPTAY. I also took lower level parking in order to be with family.

This past spring, I donated at the IPTAY level. I also bought four tickets this year instead of two. However, I knew the likelihood of getting better seats than what I had last year and getting four together was virtually impossible. So, I worked with the ticket office to write my preferences. Ultimately, I have four tickets all in TDQ, Row C, this year. However, two of the tickets are even numbered ($400 a piece seat equity) and two are odd numbered ($550 a piece seat equity). I didn't mind them not being together, so I was pleasantly surprised to not only have the same section, but on the same side of the field. Regarding parking, I wanted to get closer to the atmosphere this year, so I got my Lot 8 preference.

As a few have already mentioned on here, it is extremely difficult to get lower deck tickets. I'll give you a few pointers I have received after speaking with the IPTAY office the last two years...

First, at this point, you are going to have to donate at the McFadden level at a minimum to have any certainty of getting into the lower deck. The IPTAY office told me Jervey may get into the lower deck last year, but it was not likely. Also, don't think that this is because you are a first time donator. New ticket purchases and seat reassignments are awarded in a sequential process. The first step the ticket office (ticket office does tickets, IPTAY does parking) does is it looks at the IPTAY level of those wanting new/different seats. This is true for all those who donated. That is why you hear of people donating for years and not making it to the lower deck. Since the required donation to get into the lower deck is so high, the issue of whether the donation covers the seat equity is not as important as it was in the past, but this is also evaluated. After these items are considered, priority points can now come into play. Not to throw salt on the wound (I've already accepted it), but in 2013, an IPTAY level donation would get you in the lower deck based upon seat preference.

Speaking of seat preference, this is also a big deal. Trying to get four together anywhere is difficult. Trying to get four together in a prime location will be almost impossible. In fact, when I did my preferences last year, the lady in the ticket office told me that if I ended up with four together in the first few rows of the upper deck, especially between the twenties, I was not going to want to give them up. This is why I focused on getting two pairs instead of four together to get better seats across the board. My suggestion here is, if possible, go to Clemson and speak with the ticket office when making new seat requests. Since the ticket office evaluates and assigns these, it is best to go to the source to get an idea of how your request will be interpreted.

The last statement of going to Clemson also holds true with the IPTAY office. They cannot guarantee anything, but they will usually offer you some general insight based on the information they receive from the ticket office about what level will be required to get into the lower deck. Again, since none of this is known until seat assignments are performed, it is just speculation.

also, pro tip: WEZ seats > most North stands seats

Aug 4, 2015, 2:04 PM

because S-H-A-D-E.

you appreciate this most on Sunday at church or Monday morning at work when you see your friend closely resembling a crispy critter.

Aug 4, 2015, 9:41 PM

It is a simple process really. First, everyone who requests their same seats as last year are checked to see if they are giving at the appropriate level based on seat equity. Those seats are then assigned to them. That leaves about 3-8% (2400-6400) seats to be reassigned, most of those are in the upper deck.

Next, they order all requests for changes or for new tickets by current level first, then by point total and start assigning in that order. You would need to be very high on the list to get lower deck ticket inside the 20s.

IMO the seat equity is too low for some sections. People who have these seats won't give them up until they die. They will still buy them and sell them, or let their grandchildren buy them, instead of releasing them.

I give way above the equity level for the seats that I have, mainly for parking, but with the hope of improving one year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

49 yrs Iptay & 42 yrs season tickets........Just go & enjoy!

Aug 4, 2015, 10:30 PM

It is CLEMSON and it is the best place on this earth on seven Saturdays in the fall!
"GOD, Family, Clemson"!

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic