Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Why does Jeff Scott want Clemson football to resemble Kentucky basketball?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

New Story: Why does Jeff Scott want Clemson football to resemble Kentucky basketball?

Apr 13, 2015, 3:09 PM

Why does Jeff Scott want Clemson football to resemble Kentucky basketball?

On the surface, University of Kentucky basketball and Clemson football don’t have a lot in common, but Clemson offensive coordinator Jeff Scott saw the Wildcats play in mid-January and came away impressed with the depth that Kentucky head coach John Calipari has on his team. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

please never compare Clemson to Kentucky

Apr 13, 2015, 3:12 PM

That school sold out for wins when the hired Calgary.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Yeah, we wouldn't want to have that level of success in any

Apr 13, 2015, 3:15 PM

sport...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the ends does not justify the means.***

Apr 13, 2015, 3:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

What are the means exactly?

Apr 14, 2015, 12:04 PM

I think Cal is a little shady, but I have no issue with him recruiting one-and-done players, those guys are going pro after 1 year regardless of where they play.

I'm pretty sure he only meant in terms of talent and depth

Apr 13, 2015, 4:56 PM [ in reply to please never compare Clemson to Kentucky ]

and not the fact that they are a sleazy program with mediocre academics and a lot of one-and-done players.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I'm pretty sure he only meant in terms of talent and depth

Apr 13, 2015, 7:21 PM

Absolutely. We want to be that talented, that elite. Of course we would never stoop to their 1 and done type players, but they surely are talented. That's the point Jeff was making, and yes, I would love for us to have that level of talent throughout the program. So would he, I'd bet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm pretty sure he only meant in terms of talent and depth

Apr 13, 2015, 9:36 PM [ in reply to I'm pretty sure he only meant in terms of talent and depth ]

By reading the article I got that he was talking about depth and players working together as a team not to be only interested in how they play but how their teammates play as well.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

We do actually recruit one and done players...

Apr 14, 2015, 9:18 AM [ in reply to I'm pretty sure he only meant in terms of talent and depth ]

aka...5 stars, but since the NFL doesnt allow for that then its never a worry.

Re: please never compare Clemson to Kentucky

Apr 13, 2015, 6:25 PM [ in reply to please never compare Clemson to Kentucky ]

As long as the Tigers reel off 38 straight wins before the next loss, he can compare us to Korntucky all he wants.

you may have missed the point....calm down***

Apr 14, 2015, 1:26 PM [ in reply to please never compare Clemson to Kentucky ]

I get his point, but he doesn't realize UK's academics***

Apr 13, 2015, 3:48 PM

Do the one-and-doners even go to class? Why bother?

Apr 13, 2015, 4:29 PM

It's not like they're really in college or anything.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

They do go to class..but the point is that...

Apr 14, 2015, 9:23 AM

most top athletes dont come to college for the academics....some do, some dont. I guarantee you Deon Cain, Ray Ray McCloud and Sammy Watkins didnt give 2 chits about the engineering program or the Rhodes scholars at Clemson when they made their choices. Getting a degree is good but they have higher aspirations than a 9-5 when they graduate.

I love CJ Spiller and glad he got his degree but he majored in Sociology....Im sure he applies that use(less)ful knowledge every day of his life. If he

Could it be playing for national championships?***

Apr 13, 2015, 3:53 PM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What position is Ray Ray going to play?

Apr 13, 2015, 5:41 PM

because if he's paying wide receiver he's as worth a mention as Deon. IMHO

The Dude abides

Re: What position is Ray Ray going to play?

Apr 13, 2015, 7:24 PM

Absolutely, and in Dabo's own words at the banquet in Clemson on signing day, Deon Cain is Sammy Watkins and Nuke Hopkins rolled into one guy. He is the next really, really elite Tiger, IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And Ray Ray was rated higher than Deon - reminds me of Tay***

Apr 14, 2015, 6:06 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And Ray Ray was rated higher than Deon - reminds me of Tay***

Apr 14, 2015, 8:34 PM

I was thinking Cain was the higher rated prospect. Maybe I'm wrong. Both are stellar prospects, but I did quote Dabo correctly. He did say that Cain was Sammy and Nuke all in one player. I am more impressed with the film I saw of Cain, but both are great, and I certainly am no expert. I think both will be quite nice contributors to our program.

I don't mind the early departures...

Apr 14, 2015, 5:58 PM

as long as they're the type of men that understand "the big picture." If you're talented and fortunate enough to be a professional athlete at a younger age, you deserve the opportunity. Regardless, you want men that will represent your program well. That, however, typically comes with age and maturity: two things that are typically lacking in 19-year-olds.

Re: New Story: Why does Jeff Scott want Clemson football to resemble Kentucky basketball?

Apr 14, 2015, 11:52 PM

Jeff Scott wants us to start losing to Duke? Comparing us to Kentucky is a hell of an insult to our program

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic