Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Where the Blue Ridge yawns its greatness, something special is happening
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

New Story: Where the Blue Ridge yawns its greatness, something special is happening

Aug 8, 2017, 7:01 AM

Where the Blue Ridge yawns its greatness, something special is happening

I walked onto Clemson’s practice field on a late summer afternoon last week, and the alma mater of a school I didn’t attend kept running through my head. There is something special in the air at Clemson, and it's a lot of fun to experience.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Where the Blue Ridge yawns its greatness, something special is happening

Aug 8, 2017, 7:11 AM

Nicely done Mr. Hood. Thank you.

Re: New Story: Where the Blue Ridge yawns its greatness, something special is happening

Aug 8, 2017, 8:27 AM

Confetti . . . sniff, sniff.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2017, 8:33 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Where the Blue Ridge yawns its greatness, something special is happening ]

Beautifully expressed what we all are feeling.

Aug 8, 2017, 7:15 AM

Awesome article. There IS something special happening here...

Aug 8, 2017, 7:23 AM

Fantastic article! There's NO place like Clemson!!

Bravo, David!

Aug 8, 2017, 7:27 AM

It's absolutely been a pleasure reading your articles and inside information over the years. And it is apparent you've fallen completely in love along with those of us who also call Clemson home (even though I now live in Charlotte, I'm from Anderson and attended the same high school as Mr. Boulware).

I'll admit, after being in Tampa for the finish to last season (and Phoenix/Miami the year before that) I've been a bit nonchalant about the 2017 season... life was complete (!?)... until about 2 weeks ago. I guess it's just programmed into my DNA now. I'm ready to watch our new stars emerge and for our Tigers to defend their Championship!!!

Awesome article about a pawsome football program ! ! !***

Aug 8, 2017, 7:28 AM

Aug 8, 2017, 8:06 AM

Best article I've read! And so very true!

If you're an alum, ask yourself - Do you reign supreme alway?

Aug 8, 2017, 8:32 AM

I don't mean just sometimes. I mean ALWAY.

If not, time for some sober reflection. And get on about your business and get that reign on!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very well written!

Aug 8, 2017, 8:39 AM

Enjoyed the words of wisdom!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Very well written!

Aug 8, 2017, 8:40 AM

i bet nikki actually wrote that. lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2017, 8:44 AM

:)

dang confetti***

Aug 8, 2017, 8:45 AM

This season has yet to begin...

Aug 8, 2017, 9:08 AM

While the reminiscing is great...they has yet to strap it on and start hitting this year. Clemson was fortunate last year to not have a lot of injuries and relied on its defense to get it through the beginning of the season. At the beginning of the season everyone was worried about Clemson not beating teams by 40 points, and watching Jackson sew up the Heisman by scoring 40 on the Little Sisters of the Poor (FSU at the beginning of the season).

Unfortunately, the Auburn game followed by at Lousiville and then on to VT is going to be crucial to the Tigers this season. A loss to any of those teams could spell doom to the Tigers chances for getting into the playoffs. Especially since the Big 10 conference has the playoff committee in it's back pocket. The committee already has a spot in the top four for both the SEC and Big 10 regardless of who wins those conferences (see last year OSU). Clemson is facing a daunting challenge just to get to the ACC championship game, let alone win it. Unfortunately, that is the only way the ACC even has a chance to break into the top 4. Does anyone actually believe that the committee would have voted VT into the top 4 if they beat Clemson in the ACC championship game?

In order for Clemson (or any ACC team) to get in the top 4 they have to win the ACC championship and only have 1 other loss. Preferably at the beginning of the season. I believe that Clemson has the talent at both coaching and players to make a run again. As usual it's going to be interesting.

Go Tigers

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

Re: This season has yet to begin...

Aug 8, 2017, 11:21 AM

A loss to Auburn or VT wouldn't "spell doom on our chances of making the playoffs". A Louisville loss could, as we would no longer control our own destiny.

If we do lose a game this year, Auburn would be the one to lose, as we would control our own destiny, and early losses are much better (forgotten) than late season losses if we win out.

Message was edited by: CU13®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Where the Blue Ridge yawns its greatness, something special is happening***

Aug 8, 2017, 9:55 AM

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Aug 8, 2017, 10:08 AM

Very eloquently written. Makes a sense of pride rise up inside.

Aug 8, 2017, 10:34 AM

Awesome article! Thank you!
Let's go Tigers!

"The trophy is sitting in the lobby."

Aug 8, 2017, 11:06 AM

Love it. Great article DH!

What a lovely piece of writing

Aug 8, 2017, 11:10 AM

Nikki must have helped that coot write it.

Re: What a lovely piece of writing

Aug 8, 2017, 11:32 AM

Ouch, that's harsh.

Ever heard of "seeing the light?"

Mr. Hood has written some great articles, and this one is near the top.

I was doing the sarcasm

Aug 8, 2017, 12:26 PM

I <3 David, just not in a ghey way. hth.

WOW!!!

Aug 8, 2017, 11:48 AM

David, this is one of your very best efforts. Thanks for your colorful style that reflects, so well, what Clemson is to so many of us. Kudos!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol...beating Oklahoma like a drum

Aug 8, 2017, 12:44 PM

Hahaha. That was great dhood!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2017, 12:57 PM

Great article! As a 1984 graduate I had the honor of attending every game in Death Valley both Championship years, first as a student in 1981 and as a parent last year. Anyone who has been associated with Clemson that long knows there is magic in them hills. I vividly remember bowing my head and asking if there really was magic in them hills to please show up now as NC State lined up for what would have been a game winning field goal last year. We all know how that turned out. For those who haven't felt the magic, stick around a while and it will happen. Sounds like Mr. Hood has experienced it.

Aug 8, 2017, 2:43 PM

Awesome!

Perfection Mr. Hood***

Aug 8, 2017, 3:06 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Excellent, Mr. Hood***

Aug 15, 2017, 8:16 AM

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic