Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Watson delivers Heisman-worthy speech at Unitas Award banquet
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

New Story: Watson delivers Heisman-worthy speech at Unitas Award banquet

Dec 9, 2016, 11:34 PM

Watson delivers Heisman-worthy speech at Unitas Award banquet

Deshaun Watson isn’t the favorite to win the Heisman Trophy Saturday, but he added to this season’s Heisman-worthy performance with a Heisman-worthy speech at the Embassy Suites in Baltimore Friday night. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Watson delivers Heisman-worthy speech at Unitas Award banquet

Dec 9, 2016, 11:41 PM

this guy needs no trophy - there will not be another ddubs. athletically yes, this total package - no. not many come along like this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Dec 9, 2016, 11:42 PM

I'm not often impressed by speeches - especially these days when most are simply pandering to further the speakers' cause....

But this speech is amazing. And without a single note. What an impressive performance by an even more impressive man. Thank you, sir.....you re-ignite my faith in humankind.

ON TO THE HEISMAN.....THEN TO THE NATTY..... GO TIGERS!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2016, 11:44 PM

Did anyone expect anything less? Class guy. Class program. Go Tigers!

Dec 9, 2016, 11:47 PM

That's pretty strong right there!!!! How could you not give this guy your heisman vote. So much more than a great ball player, he's an absolute wonderful person.

If Lamar does win the Heisman, compare his speech to this one!

Dec 9, 2016, 11:54 PM

null

Message was edited by: longtallsam®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Lamar does win the Heisman, compare his speech to this one!

Dec 10, 2016, 7:48 AM

maybe like a little gangsta rap?

Dec 10, 2016, 8:21 AM [ in reply to If Lamar does win the Heisman, compare his speech to this one! ]

Lamar's speech will go something like this "I'ba wanna thank de coach, my momma and all de boosters for giving me the opportunity to show how great I is, I de best QB of all time, I be back next year so see you den"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

should Jackson's speech sound more like

Dec 11, 2016, 8:07 AM

"YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAWWW!!!! (spit) Lookee 'eer grampaw!!!! (spit) I jes gawt yeuuw uh neuuw hood urnamunt fer ur sehvuntee teuuw pihkumup truuuhhk!!!! (spit) YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWW!!"?

Dec 10, 2016, 8:59 AM [ in reply to If Lamar does win the Heisman, compare his speech to this one! ]

Lmao. You are right. It will be embarrassing to say the least

when the time machine is finally invented

Dec 10, 2016, 9:54 AM

I'm setting my date to 1-1-2015 and enjoy these last years over and over and over again!!

For those of you whom are old enough to remember the SNL

Dec 10, 2016, 10:07 AM [ in reply to If Lamar does win the Heisman, compare his speech to this one! ]

skit where they had a guy in the bottom right of the screen yelling
the speech for the hard of hearing. Tonight they need to do the same
because Jackson speaks so soft I can't understand or at least that is what
my story is and I am sticking to it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My eyes started sweating when..

Dec 10, 2016, 12:27 AM

his Mom..and his aunt..were given a standing O. She has been his foundation, and boy, what a job she and his aunt have done. Kudos to the people in attendance for recognizing that.

yea [i]sweating[/i]....

Dec 10, 2016, 8:48 AM

thats what they were doing sweating. mine to powerful stuff to watch and to see this young man do what he has done at Clemson knowing what he will do in the future on and off the field brings a tear..err...sweat to my eyes

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I never knew he lived in a Warrick Dunn Habitat home...

Dec 10, 2016, 1:16 AM

just another example of how the things you do can affect someone way, way down the road. Great story. Class act.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I never knew he lived in a Warrick Dunn Habitat home...

Dec 10, 2016, 11:46 AM

There was a story on DW and his Mom on Havoline Football Saturdays earlier this year. Pretty moving.

http://raycomsports.com/football-saturdays/

Scroll down to find the DW video.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Dec 10, 2016, 1:28 AM

As Ryder Cup Captain Ben Crenshaw famously said on Saturday: "I'm going to leave y'all with one thought. I'm a big believer in fate. I have a good feeling about this."
Apparently he knew something the rest of the world didn't. This is the year of "upset wins." Go Tigers!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, we won't see another like DW4***

Dec 10, 2016, 1:36 AM

GO TIGERS!! GO DESHAUN!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

absolutely incredible. We are so proud of

Dec 10, 2016, 2:44 AM

You man

Dec 10, 2016, 5:59 AM

Love DW4 and not just for what he's done on the field - probably more so for how he has represented Clemson as a person - much bigger than football. Well deserved by a young man that truly appreciates all of it. He won all the awards that have relatively defined metrics - now it's on to that other one - which the sports world views as a big one - with fewer defined metrics. Sure hope he takes it home tonight.

Dec 10, 2016, 6:45 AM

There is something on these hills! It is magnified when you have a mom like he has! And a coach like Dabo. We better all enjoy this ride. Amazing kid and story and it should be an inspiration to many! Would love to see him put a cap on it all with big win over Bama!

DW

Dec 10, 2016, 7:36 AM

Is a good young man. In this day and times, that is compliment enough for him. There are so very many that I can't say that about. It is especially gratifying to know that CLEMSON has a lot of DW"S. I think that we all would have respect and admirationration for number 4 even if he wasn't a Tiger. But he is .....
and I love it!

Re: DW***

Dec 10, 2016, 7:37 AM

Re: DW***

Dec 10, 2016, 7:38 AM

Spell check makes more errors than I do!!!

Dec 10, 2016, 8:03 AM

Is there a link for this video? I would like to share it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2016, 10:05 AM

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1834505040128489&id=1437890176456646&_rdr

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Wow, that's all I can say.***

Dec 10, 2016, 8:17 AM

Dec 10, 2016, 8:17 AM

Awesome. Great time to be a tiger.

More class in that young man than in the entire Louisville

Dec 10, 2016, 8:27 AM

program

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He represents everything that WAS right...

Dec 10, 2016, 8:51 AM

With America, and this is why the liberal media types despise him so much. How Clemson deserved to have this guy representing Clemson University and it's football program is a blessing that may never be repeated.

I do care that he wins the Heisman trophy, but if he doesn't win the Heisman trophy it is precisely because he represents too much dignity, class, humanity, humility, and graciousness for the voters of the Heisman award.

Wow, just wow.

"The likes of whom we will never see again."

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: He represents everything that WAS right...

Dec 10, 2016, 11:29 AM

What an asinine remark. Which media type of any kind has ever even come close to acting as if they despise Deshaun Watson? That is something that is completely in your mind.

Re: He represents everything that WAS right...

Dec 10, 2016, 12:12 PM

Totally agree...I have never read or heard one negative comment about him....in fact it is the absolute opposite. Newspapers, radio, internet...no one ever says anything less than stellar about him.

That little boy playing with his toy car on the carpet..

Dec 10, 2016, 10:16 AM

in front of Deshaun Watson, will probably love that video in 15 years when Deshaun is considered an NFL all time great.

Dec 10, 2016, 12:25 PM

Congratulations DW! I'm very glad that you chose Clemson University and very proud of the way that you represent yourself and Clemson. You deserve to win the Heisman. I know that you will be successful in anything that you decide to do.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic