Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Watch out Buckeyes? An angry Deshaun Watson is on the prowl
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

New Story: Watch out Buckeyes? An angry Deshaun Watson is on the prowl

Dec 10, 2016, 10:52 PM

Watch out Buckeyes? An angry Deshaun Watson is on the prowl

The Heisman Trophy ceremony ended just the way we figured it would end, with Louisville’s Lamar Jackson hoisting the award and the other four finalists left to think about the results. One of them left angry. Photo by Brad Penner / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Watch out Buckeyes? An angry Deshaun Watson is on the prowl

Dec 10, 2016, 11:01 PM

You will always be #1 in our hearts DW4 --- may all your future dreams come true,young man --- you are a class act !!!!! GO TIGERS !!!

Dec 10, 2016, 11:06 PM

Love you DW4! I'd rather have you lead our team into the fire than LJ. Keep your head up. We've got unfinished business to take care of. Let's win that natty!!!

Love you DW4! I'd rather have you lead our team into the fire than LJ. Keep your head up. We've got unfinished business to take care of. Let's win that natty!!!

Dec 10, 2016, 11:18 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry about the multiple replies....phone freaked

Dec 10, 2016, 11:07 PM

Out!

Dec 10, 2016, 11:09 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

^^+1^^ LOL! "I'm gonna o get the papers...

Dec 10, 2016, 11:19 PM

....get the papers."

-Jimmy(?) Two Times
-Goodfellas (I believe?)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Point for Goodfellas reference.***

Dec 10, 2016, 11:23 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

I read the first two, and was thinking this looks

Dec 10, 2016, 11:25 PM

oddly familiar! LOL! +1

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man I like the sound of that!

Dec 10, 2016, 11:16 PM

I learned better than to bet against Tiger, DW4, and Satan (but he can't actually play the game) a long time ago. I love where DW4's head is right now!

Dec 10, 2016, 11:17 PM

I hope the other players and coaches can elevate their game. Last year proved that, even as great as Deshaun is, he needs more help from the supporting cast to win a championship.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

D has been on point except for 5.5-6 quarters.

Dec 10, 2016, 11:23 PM

Kick coverage is improved. Hopefully "that play" goes our way this year.....or we just blow Bamer out!!!

Dec 11, 2016, 12:31 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Watch out Buckeyes? An angry Deshaun Watson is on the prowl ]

Oh yea, it will take everything we can throw at who ever we play, they won't get there bc the wasn't any good!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2016, 11:42 PM

I now like our chances better in the playoffs.

Dec 11, 2016, 12:10 AM

We know DW4 will be ready but i believe this may just motivate the D more. Like maybe get osu off the field so the GOAT gets more chances! A repeat of the coots game!!!!!! Let media chew on a 56-7 beatdown on osu.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2016, 12:24 AM

Not a soul can blame him for shunning the media bc when somebody steals from you, you're not suppose to act like their your friend bc they're not. They are no better than a thief in the night. If I would have been his coach, I would have been very proud of the way he felt and dealt with the media. They aren't nothing but bias POS that huff ink for a living while stealing from those that has earned their way while waiting on those POS to rob him and Lie about it looking him straight in the face. When we when our next game, I will pray that no body on our team will voice a word to no body but Tiger Net. And when their asked, look them in their faces and just say, I'm not hungry for any wrap from a bunch of thieves and walk away laughing and pointing their finger at them. That's twice we have had the real Heisman winner, and both times it was stolen from them both by the media!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggg!!!!!!

Dec 11, 2016, 2:02 AM

Deshaun is a great leader and hands down the best qb in the USA. Even though it wasn't his fault, it makes me sick that Lamar Jackson got DW4's Heisman after losing his last 2 (soon to be 3) games, and one of them was directly his fault. DW4 NEVER, EVER cost us a game like that. I lost count of how many times he said "dis is crazy " during his acceptance speech. Seriously just made me want to puke. Now, OSU and Urban Meyer are gonna have to pay the price.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Aaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggg!!!!!!

Dec 11, 2016, 10:25 AM

Don't forget that DW4 BEAT him also face to face, then have to sit beside him and watch his award be handed to him. Maybe DW4 was being punished for being to good for a college player!!!

Dec 11, 2016, 2:26 AM

Really felt for him, especially when he didn't interview. He's always been stoic by nature and this hit hard. Now, I'm ready to suit the f@ck up and bawlz out.. The championship is coming to Clemson! No way this team let's him leave Clemson without a trophy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2016, 11:05 AM

I like the way you think. Hope this comes to pass, and we play perfect FB for the next 2 games, in all phases. No hiccups and we win out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2016, 3:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2016, 7:08 AM

DW4 always, always does the right thing, even for his age! Reacting to the media bias is just another example of One and Done! Next.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2016, 7:18 AM

I remember another young QB that won the Heisman. The name Winston ring a bell, but unlike Winston , Jackson couldn't pull through in clutch moments. Winston took his team all the way, Jackson couldn't beat Kentucky. Even South Carolina beat Kentucky this year. I think it's sad because ESPN highlighted LJ's best games against teams with less than .500 season. Watson may have started slow but finished great. ESPN continued to highlight his slow start and interceptions while only flashes of his dominance were shown.

Keep your trophy!

Dec 11, 2016, 7:42 AM

Pay back is a ############! Best served up cold and when its all forgotten! With that said, the field general still has a year left of eligibility. Whats better? Winning and receiving or winning and telling them to shove it? Enough said!

Sorry im still whinning!

Dec 11, 2016, 7:59 AM

When the hell did they start giving the trophy to someone other than the best player on the best team? Its what I thought they did! Were clemson the rules change when we are sitting on top! Wouldnt have it any other way!

Not for the "best player on the best team"

Dec 11, 2016, 8:21 AM

It's not as simple as that, and we wouldn't want it to be. So far, we can't say Clemson is the best team. And even if we were, some might argue who the best player is. Watson is great, no doubt, and he gets the headlines, but there are a number of truly outstanding players on the team. According to Wikipedia, the Heisman "is awarded annually to the most outstanding player in college football in the United States whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity." Jackson put up gaudy numbers, and like him or not, there are no "integrity" issues that I'm aware of. So I think we just need to tip our hats, say we disagree, and then support Watson and the team. Hopefully, an MVP award in the national championship will be a good consolation prize.

Re: Not for the "best player on the best team"

Dec 11, 2016, 8:40 AM

I was with you, till you said "no integrity issues":

How about a reaction that had a USC (real one) player ejected in the USC?bama game (kicking/stomping a player)? Wonder how the Heisman race would have changed if he was ejected like the USC player with the score 28-10 at the time?

Re: Not for the "best player on the best team"

Dec 11, 2016, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Not for the "best player on the best team" ]

Do you think that 'throwing a tantrum' on the sidelines during their game with us, shows integrity? Too bad no one showed that LJ highlight last night!!!

Last year OSU this year us

Dec 11, 2016, 8:02 AM

People looked st the roster and assumed we'd score 50 points in every game. Winning is really tough and everyone had us circled on the calendar. The difference is OSU's one loss was to a one loss division division rival and ours was to a 3 loss non division opponent. Hence we won our conference and can still win it all. Pitt cost DW4 and Clemson it's 1st Heisman. Hopefully it will help us win the National championship.

Change the dang rules.. no voting till the end of the season***

Dec 11, 2016, 8:11 AM

Re: Change the dang rules.. no voting till the end of the season***

Dec 11, 2016, 8:14 AM

Exactly! Just like MLB draft should be after cws

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's all say it, "1 more year 1 more year 1 more year..."***

Dec 11, 2016, 8:22 AM

2015 vs 2016

Dec 11, 2016, 9:52 AM

2015: You've got great stats, Deshaun, but Derrick Henry is the guy who does the most to help his team win.

2016: You're the the guy who does the most to help his team win, Deshaun, but Lamar Jackson has great stats.

Re: 2015 vs 2016

Dec 11, 2016, 10:31 AM

He also has 3 losses in one season, and DW4 don't have but 3 losses in his career as a starter!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 11, 2016, 10:27 AM

He needs to come back next year and earn the number one spot in the draft.....and put up the numbers that blow Jackson out of the water....and win the Heisman. ...he only gets this chance once in life...

Dec 11, 2016, 11:50 AM

And give them (media, Heisman voters) the opportunity to throw it away in front of him again!? Uh No. I would think that Deshaun has more respect for himself than that. This award has turned into a media play thing (obvious much?) . It doesn't have anything to do with being the best player, it has to do with flash and who catches the eye. Any integrity that it once held is obviously gone. It goes without saying he should have walked away with it last year. Deshaun is a model for young men to aspire to be and his declining to be interviewed only reinforces the fact that people should be given what they have earned. The media nor the voters have earned to see what has to be disappointment. I know that Deshaun take this and use it as fuel to finish the season as he is nothing but Quality through and through. Go Tigers!

Watson will go down in history

Dec 11, 2016, 11:14 AM

As one of the best QBs to ever play college football. DW being slighted for the Heisman will hurt for a while. I don't understand what this award even means anymore. DW is the best player in college football. He is such a clutch player, great student and an amazing young man. At the end of the day I see DW having the last laugh. I will truly miss DW when he leave but speaking for the rest of Clemson Nation thank you for coming to Clemson and just being you. Go Tigers, ALL IN, and BEST IS THE STANDARD!

Congratulations media. Feel better?

Dec 11, 2016, 2:21 PM

You couldn't will, 'create a story', nor justify the Angry Birds for the Top 4 spots. At least you can BS the world that half a season of video game numbers and against a full season 11 sub-.500 opponents, declare this 'hood character Heisman worthy.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

YOU WOULDN'T LIKE HIM WHEN HE'S ANGRY!!!!!!!***

Dec 11, 2016, 4:09 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: YOU WOULDN'T LIKE HIM WHEN HE'S ANGRY!!!!!!!***

Dec 12, 2016, 12:40 PM

Not just an angry DW4- an angry Tiger team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic