Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Venables to his defense Saturday: Get comfortable being uncomfortable
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

New Story: Venables to his defense Saturday: Get comfortable being uncomfortable

Sep 24, 2017, 12:12 PM

Venables to his defense Saturday: Get comfortable being uncomfortable

All of the Clemson fans watching Saturday’s home game against Boston College were uncomfortable, but the heat and the sun weren’t the main culprits. It was the fact that the Tigers and Eagles were tied at 7-7 heading into the fourth quarter. In other words, it was just what defensive coordinator Brent Venables expected. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our Defense is the single reason we are where we are***

Sep 24, 2017, 12:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

single reason***NOT!***

Sep 24, 2017, 2:10 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Venables to his defense Saturday: Get comfortable being uncomfortable

Sep 24, 2017, 12:36 PM

Tiger fans - great advice from coach V-

'Be comfortable getting uncomfortable and let it bring out the best in you, not the worst.’

This is just as appropriate for fans as it is for players.

Re: New Story: Venables to his defense Saturday: Get comfortable being uncomfortable

Sep 24, 2017, 12:57 PM

Great advice and very well put by Coach Venables. It use that as a fan. The D did a great job against the opponents all season so far. They have given the offense a chance to get points on the board. Little disappointed in the play calling by our Offensive Co-ordinators, very vanilla. Kelly Bryant seems to want to do nothing but run the ball, with very few check downs on receivers occurring. Might need to give some snaps to the other QB'S if the offense stalls. Reason being is that our opponents are practicing to stop KB all week. Add a wrinkle to their plan by playing more than 1 QB when offensive production is down and make them have to go to plan B. Got to find more ways to get passing game more balanced and productive. GO TIGERS !!!

Sep 24, 2017, 1:03 PM

I'll take vanilla offense and 27 point wins every week! When they start paying me to call they plays I'll do it (don't look for that to happen any time soon). Until then I'll trust our coaches. The results support them.
GO TIGERS!

A couple interceptions, and you are ready to replace KB?

Sep 24, 2017, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Venables to his defense Saturday: Get comfortable being uncomfortable ]

That was first game, and he was getting a lot of pressure, esp. one intercept was on O line #7 for BC is a premier D. player probably a first rd. pick.

KB had added runs & yards

Sep 24, 2017, 3:05 PM

because that's what it took to win the game.( period ) -- DW4 did the same thing**

SAME DREAM - Different Team**_________GO TIGERS 4-0 with 11 games left to play !!!!

Correction - BC is not a premium Defense. They are bad

Sep 24, 2017, 11:05 PM [ in reply to A couple interceptions, and you are ready to replace KB? ]

BC is ranked 108 in 2017 total defense out of 130 teams. 90th in passing Defense. 80th in rushing Defense. Bad all the way around. Tigers have to be able to block one good player. Believe it or not, some teams will have multiple quality players. OC's play calls (per TE) and KB's 34.3 QBR were weak links in Tiger armor on Saturday. Defense is again phenomenal. Props to BV and team! ETN took over in 4th. Hope to see much more ETN and more TF against Va Tech. And DC is a 1st team All-American talent. Can he get some touches? Go Tigers!

http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2017, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Venables to his defense Saturday: Get comfortable being uncomfortable ]

The coaching staff preaches weekly that they approach every season one game at a time. This is exactly what I would expect from a coaching staff planning to play a top 15 team in Charlottesville, VA at prime time on national TV next week. They were playing a team that Notre Dame had run all over the week before. I hate to say it, but this is what I expected. Run up the middle. Run around the ends. They were not going to show anything out of the playbook that had not been seen in the previous two games. They were relying on our deep defense to wear BC down. It just took a little longer than expected due in part to bad starting position but also we need to credit the play of BC. By the end of the third quarter the game plan worked. Now the only thing VA Tech has on film from that game is that we are very deep, and we will beat the crap out of you.

Sep 24, 2017, 4:40 PM

Lol, pretty well stated.

However, there is NO top 15 team in Charlottesville and I sure hope you don't drive nor travel to Charlottesville, VA next week to see our Tigers play. You'll miss seeing the live action there!!!

Virginia Tech is located in Blacksburg, Va. I hope to see you there!!!!!!!

Sep 24, 2017, 3:46 PM

Coach V always has an experience perspective. Yeah, it's always a 4 Qtr game, and yeah the fans were uncomfortable. But he was positive in the fan support. Our team is fine with such seasoned outstanding set of coaches and a highly talented team. On to the Hokies.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clearly the best football coach we have***

Sep 24, 2017, 4:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree. Yes. But we do have some good ones ...***

Sep 24, 2017, 11:07 PM

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic