Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Venables takes an early look at the Fighting Irish
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

New Story: Venables takes an early look at the Fighting Irish

Sep 23, 2015, 7:01 AM

Venables takes an early look at the Fighting Irish

Brent Venables learned a lot about his defense in last Thursday night’s 20-17 victory over Louisville, but for the Tigers to remain undefeated the defense will once again have to step up its game. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Venables takes an early look at the Fighting Irish

Sep 23, 2015, 8:43 AM

I have all the faith in the world in BV. He will have these boys prepared. It will be up to them to execute the game plan. They have all the talent in the world on that side of the ball as well. So I say it will be a close game. With us being at home, I know our crowd will have our defense hyped the entire game. They may be young, but they are talented and relentless. Fuller will have his hands full with Mack. I remember another kid that was hyped as well and Mack shut him down. Our pass rush will be the key. Get into the kids head early and often. Make him rush him throws.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think our D-line is better than GT's and it will show. We

Sep 23, 2015, 8:46 AM

can play with anyone.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2015, 8:51 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Venables takes an early look at the Fighting Irish ]

I have confidence in Venables and his staff. I would not be able to sleep at night if Steele was doing the preparation for this game.

Sep 23, 2015, 9:11 AM

I feel like this is a 24-20 game for us , either way . They are good . I think it comes down to ( tired clichés ) protecting the football and playing sound special teams .
Running the football is important in this one , and short yardage will be crucial .
I truly believe that we have the more talented team top to bottom ( save for the OL ) .
Let's win and keep the Mo goin ' !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 23, 2015, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Venables takes an early look at the Fighting Irish ]

Night game and DV will be rocking. First true road start, and Kizer's away experience at Virginia won't hold a candle to our atmosphere. Coach V will have the defense dialed up to disrupt the offensive rhythm. Hoping some defensive momentum can fuel our offense.

Sep 23, 2015, 11:49 AM

UVA ran on ND almost at will - huge holes in their D line. I'm sure our coaches will take a good look at that game. UVA, as weak as they are, almost got the win at home.

late game, run game, DL depth .... this is where the loss of Reader really hurts

Sep 23, 2015, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Venables takes an early look at the Fighting Irish ]

the question is not ow good our DL is,

it's how long can the first team go.

We had a more difficult time stopping Louisville's drives as the game wore on. Sure they showed more stuff as the game developed, but the depth factor played a part as well.

Likely it will come into factor against Notre Dame too.

We're going to need some 4th quarter stops, and against a veteran OL with a good run game

that's a recipe for disappointment unless you've got fresh bodies.

Love what Pagano and Wilkins and Byers and Watkins and even the LB's Goodson and Boulware are doing, but having the big guy against ND and Ga Tech for that matter would've have been a big deal.

I hope we put this game away early with some big turnovers our way...

Honestly, I think our D will be fine vs ND. As I

Sep 23, 2015, 12:02 PM

watched the UVA/ND game, I was surprised at how undisciplined UVAs defense appeared. Simple fundamentals like the end keeping contain, LBs misreading keys, LBs reacting early and getting outta position, then taking bad angles to the ball. UVA was also an exceptionally poor tackling defense. None of these things apply to our defense, so I think we'll be OK on that side of the ball.

What concerns me is NDs special teams are squared away, ours are not.

Sep 23, 2015, 12:03 PM

I may be wrong, but I am thinking Ben Boulware is going to be one tired young man that night. I see him in their backfield a LOT. He never got a sack against UL, but he disrupted a lot of timing. A young QB in that environment getting hit a lot? I will take that.

...and an occasional blind-side blitz from T.J.....***

Sep 23, 2015, 12:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ...and an occasional blind-side blitz from T.J.....***

Sep 23, 2015, 2:03 PM

I not think TJ nor Kearse will be near the line of scrimmage.... They have at least one WR that needs to be covered under and over.......

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic