Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Venables says Kent St. offense a lot like Pitt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

New Story: Venables says Kent St. offense a lot like Pitt

Aug 30, 2017, 12:46 PM

Venables says Kent St. offense a lot like Pitt

Clemson fans remember the difficulty Brent Venables’ defense had with Pitt last November, and Venables told the media Tuesday that the Kent. St. offense resembles Pitt’s. Fifth-ranked Clemson hosts Kent St. Saturday at noon in Death Valley. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh ####!***

Aug 30, 2017, 12:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Oh ####!***

Aug 30, 2017, 1:03 PM

Everyteam we played after Pitt tried the shuttle pass up the middle and we stuffed it everytime. Coach V will have the defense ready to play.

Yeah - my sentiments exactly!!***

Aug 30, 2017, 1:46 PM [ in reply to Oh ####!*** ]

doomed***

Aug 30, 2017, 12:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: doomed***

Aug 30, 2017, 12:59 PM

I can't believe The Flashes have 1/4 the offensive talent Pitt had last year. I'd be really surprised if they put up 14 against Clemson. You think coach is being very kind here? :)

Aug 30, 2017, 1:17 PM

I think Coach V is keeping his players grounded and humble. He knows if we lose that anyone can beat us. It is a core philosophy for Dabo and the entire coaching staff. And it is working!

Aug 31, 2017, 11:35 AM

I agree that humility is all important. But to say that Kent State runs the same offense Pitt did last year is one thing. To compare their respective talents is another. I guess coach V is simply saying The Flashes play the same style, but talent wise? Fuggetaboutit!

Re: New Story: Venables says Kent St. offense a lot like Pitt

Aug 30, 2017, 12:58 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Aug 30, 2017, 3:29 PM

I have a feeling the Clemson staff is really downplaying our team. They're not being negative or anything, but I think mostly that Kelly Bryant is being downplayed. I wouldn't be surprised to see us run a very vanilla type offense, mostly on the ground and quick outs and bubble screens in the Kent St game. If successful, I bet we build a lead by halftime and we get to see Cooper and Johnson for the majority of the 2nd half. Then we will see what Kelly has when we play Auburn.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2017, 4:37 PM

That could more wishful thinking, we are doomed I tell ya we are doomed!!! Oh Lord please have mercy on us bc the playoffs is a must be there at the end of the season of 2017, or we could be accuse of being fake Tigers without a ROAR leading us to a dreadful Clemson-ing season, AMEN!!! ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2017, 1:05 PM

How do you not love Venables. We are so lucky to have him. Coach Morris was a great coach here but Venables will be impossible to replace when or if he decides to leave.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2017, 4:49 PM

You are exactly right, you can teach other to do exactly what you do and how you do it, but you can't teach that special energy mixed with the special character that BV has, that makes what he does to become so successful. He is a one of a kind special coach and teacher of the defensive game of college FB that can not be replaced, substituted maybe, replaced, no, not even close!!!

Aug 30, 2017, 1:44 PM

Great coach and potentially great D. I think it will be cause the talent and hunger is there. Almost ready for season kickoff.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would be panicking if all of our coaches didn't poor mouth it***

Aug 30, 2017, 3:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Venables says Kent St. offense a lot like Pitt***

Aug 30, 2017, 3:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Aug 30, 2017, 4:54 PM

The only way Kent St's offense resembles Pitt's is they both have 11 players on the field.

Aug 31, 2017, 12:34 AM

Wax on....wax off....

Hey um, Brent?

Aug 31, 2017, 11:46 AM

Haha j/k Brent don't kill me with that stare...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic