Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Venables on his defense: If we don't work hard, we're going to get humbled
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,865

New Story: Venables on his defense: If we don't work hard, we're going to get humbled

Jul 19, 2017, 7:01 AM

Venables on his defense: If we don't work hard, we're going to get humbled

Alabama head coach Nick Saban doesn’t mind using the media to send a message to his players, and Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables took a page out of Saban’s book Tuesday when he spent almost an hour sending a very direct message to his defense. You better come in ready to play. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm glad our coaches keep the players humbled

Jul 19, 2017, 7:15 AM

I can't imagine how big their heads at that age must get when they hear they are the next big thing. I know I was so stupid with pride when I was in college, if I would have had the gifts these players have it would have been hard not to think I could just show up and be the man.

Brent is ready to break them down to the quick to make them Champions again. I believe he will have this defense ready to go to the point that they will be his best defense ever. I'm so thankful he came to Clemson!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

every workplace needs this attitude

Jul 19, 2017, 9:01 AM

every workplace needs this attitude! Work hard every day to prove yourself and quit acting like you deserve something JUST for showing up!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Wait a minute...

Jul 19, 2017, 9:40 AM

Are you saying I should get off of Tigernet and get back to work? ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nope

Jul 19, 2017, 11:49 AM

I am saying that everyone should give 120% like you and I do which results in us having 6 to 7 hours of our work day free to peruse TNet!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

always kills me . . .

Jul 19, 2017, 12:12 PM

no such thing as even 101 % . . .but we have to trick human nature because we are lazy. Just do your work, period.

Re: New Story: Venables on his defense: If we don't work hard, we're going to get humbled

Jul 19, 2017, 10:54 AM

We are blessed that BV is here, and will be for a long time. I think, just like Bud Foster, that BV prefers the DC position. I really don't think he has the desire to be a HC, just because of the added BS type responsibilities.

He doesn't focus on where players are projected to go in the draft, but he must care where they actually land.

The more we have players like Vic Beasley, Shaq Lawson, and Kevin Dodd go high, the more recruits will think they're next.

That is where BV sells them on the idea "He" is the guy to prepare them for the next level. He's proved it, and the his NFL portfolio of players will continue to grow.

Re: New Story: Venables on his defense: If we don't work hard, we're going to get humbled

Jul 19, 2017, 11:46 AM

He prepares them for the next level by not thinking about the next level. He and Dabo are really great at keeping the players focused. Can't glory in last year, can't fantasize about next year. This year.... this day... is all we got.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,865
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic