Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Uncle Mo’ is wearing orange
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

New Story: Uncle Mo’ is wearing orange

Jan 17, 2016, 8:01 AM

Uncle Mo’ is wearing orange

The Clemson men’s basketball team made history Saturday afternoon at the Bon Secours Wellness Arena as they completed the trifecta of beating three consecutive ranked teams – No. 16 Louisville, No. 6 Duke and No. 8 Miami. The secret to the Tigers’ success? Momentum and confidence.Photo by Dawson Powers / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Uncle Mo’ is wearing orange

Jan 17, 2016, 8:23 AM

In addition to the Mo and confidence I think they are feeling more comfortable playing in Bon Secours arena. Let's make it four straight at Virginia.

If they can leave VA with a W...watch out!***

Jan 17, 2016, 2:16 PM

What's crazy is how many here wanted to get rid of

Jan 17, 2016, 8:57 AM

our coach. If we did that with his recruiting right now it would take another 4-5 years before this program would recover. We just need the fans to be behind these guys and show the willingness to cheer them on. That's so important to recruits whether being at the game or watching on TV.

I think showing the new Big John and showing the fans are behind Brad means so much to the recruits that they will be playing for the coach who recruited them.

I think our basketball program can ride the wave of exposure we have from the football team and the idea of playing in a new arena with new locker rooms. Brad has done a great job of developing the guys we have after losing a forward he needed at the beginning of the season.

I'm so happy for our Tigers and the exciting things happening in all sports including Baseball and academics.

All-in and the best is our Standard! Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: What's crazy is how many here wanted to get rid of

Jan 17, 2016, 9:15 AM

It's not really crazy at all. The fans just want the team to win and be consistent. No matter how big of a fan you are it is hard to pull for teams that don't look good...and under brownell we have looked bad more than we have looked good. Combine that with players that have transferred and it's not crazy to expect a new coach. It's not like he has taken us to 3 straight tournament and people want him gone.

And I like brownell and hope this is the turning point, but even with this some fans will still want a new coach.

Re: Transfers

Jan 17, 2016, 12:59 PM

Which players have transferred out that did so for any reason other than that the new class was better and they saw their PT going down as a result? Which players that transferred out are playing at another Power 5 school? Have any players that transferred spoken poorly of Clemson or Brownell?

There may be issues in the program, problems with Brownell, but I'm just not sure that the transfers are a bad sign. In fact, with the incoming transfers we're playing (esp. Holmes), transfers sitting out (Reed, Mitchell), and transfers coming on board (Elijah Thomas), I'd say things look ok on that particular front.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I disagree we have looked bad more than we've

Jan 17, 2016, 5:15 PM [ in reply to Re: What's crazy is how many here wanted to get rid of ]

looked good. I think that statement makes no sense really.

Brownell will be here a long time

Jan 17, 2016, 5:40 PM [ in reply to Re: What's crazy is how many here wanted to get rid of ]

And he has three transfers next season. That's just a part of college basketball you have to deal with.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What's crazy is how many here wanted to get rid of

Jan 17, 2016, 12:14 PM [ in reply to What's crazy is how many here wanted to get rid of ]

I think that it's horrible when fans will only get behind a ranked team that is winning with a # in front of their school name. I pull for Clemson bc they just happen to be the team I was fond of as a kid, and through the 53 years, some where in that time I found that I loved my Clemson Tigers. When your heart breaks the way mine does when we lose, and as happy as I am when we win. You are a die hard Clemson fan as I am. Win or lose, I love Clemson!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ah, yes, Tigernet, where the boys are boys and the men are

Jan 17, 2016, 5:13 PM [ in reply to What's crazy is how many here wanted to get rid of ]

well, boys. Most of them anyway.

All that needs to be said here is that Dabo Swinney would have never been hired in in 2009, he would have been fired in 2010, and he would have been fired gain following the OB loss to West Virginia. Obviously they don't have a clue. Some of these men/boys just will never learn.

As far as Brownell, he's more than proven he knows ton about coaching. It's just taking him longer than the average Tnetter is willing to wait. We're making progress and two of our best talents are sitting on the bench waiting their turn.

Jan 17, 2016, 12:51 PM

It sounds like the unc game made them realize they are good players on a good team under good coaching and tactics so there's no pressure anymore. No doubt they can win the way they are taught to play. No doubt they can execute the gameplan. Their not just hoping, now they know, from experience.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2016, 1:39 PM

Just remember to keep Uncle Mo with you guys...don't get down on yourselves...BELIEVE and EXECUTE...BE the team!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Tigers!!!!!!!

Jan 17, 2016, 4:55 PM

Uncle Mo', much better than Aunt Flo...

Jan 17, 2016, 4:56 PM

What a great run! I really like Brad Brownell and have always wanted him to do well. I do think that he and his staff can coach--my only concern with Brad has been his ability to recruit players good enough to compete and win in the ACC.

Re: UNC in Chapel Hill, you can forget us winning there. Clemson won the game in Chapel Hill in 2008 when Purnell was coach, and the refs cheated us out of it ( if you can get the stat sheet from that game, you will see what a joke the officiating was! ). So...when those clowns from UNC say something about the so-called streak, say what I always say: If the refs are willing to cheat CU out of a game that was on TV, think about how many games they have probably cheated the Tigers out of when not as many people were watching!

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic