Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Tyrone Crowder on the OL and the critics: "This year is going to show ‘em.”
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

New Story: Tyrone Crowder on the OL and the critics: "This year is going to show ‘em.”

Apr 4, 2015, 7:01 AM

Tyrone Crowder on the OL and the critics: "This year is going to show ‘em.”

If the 2015 football season reaches the heights that have been predicted for the Clemson football team, it will require an outstanding effort from an offensive line that has been much-maligned in recent seasons. Tyrone Crowder has faith that the season will be a success and that the offensive line will lead the way. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I Can Hardly Wait!

Apr 4, 2015, 8:29 AM

I've been waiting a very long time for us to have an OL that really was a strength, as opposed to an"Achilles Heel" for our team. I see us as having made a giant step in the right direction lately. Spot the ball, and show the world what a great OL can really mean to this team with so much weaponry.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone who wants to criticize the OL should do it ...

Apr 4, 2015, 8:58 AM

In person, face to face with Mr. Crowder.

My guess is that few if any would complain.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone who wants to criticize the OL should do it ...

Apr 4, 2015, 2:12 PM

Yeah I was just thinking that. I'm sure Crowder is a nice guy but he is an intimidating presence physically.

Article doesnt say it but I seem to recall he is Anthony's cousin. ANother guy no one would say squat to

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone who wants to criticize the OL should do it ...

Apr 4, 2015, 2:27 PM

I like the guys on the OL, but I really have a concern about the left guard position. I know that Coach Caldwell likes to cross train his linemen and I would love to see M. Hyatt at left guard and I.Battle at left tackle. That would be a dynamite left side. If we stick with the current starting left guard the most important guy on our offense will be the back up left guard.

Re: New Story: Tyrone Crowder on the OL and the critics: "This year is going to show ‘em.”

Apr 4, 2015, 9:06 AM

THIS is the one guy I have been waiting on to arrive as a starter in the OL. When he's ready, then our OL is going to be awesome IMO. I still want to call him "Pancake" because he absolutely pancakes DLinemen. It's so much fun to watch him doing that. If he becomes what I have always believed he would become, then we have a great one to watch this year. I truly believe that he's going to be a highlight reel.

Re: New Story: Tyrone Crowder on the OL and the critics: "This year is going to show ‘em.”

Apr 4, 2015, 10:04 AM

Man I hope so! Go Tigers!

Apr 4, 2015, 11:14 AM

Hope so as well. I'm just ready and waiting to have an OL that is the meanest, nastiest group of guys that just love to go out and beat the #### out of defenses.

Apr 4, 2015, 12:21 PM

It is going to be in the Red Zone that will tell the story for our Offensive Line. We will need to get 7 points instead of a field-goal attempt. Let's get it on!

What about Depth

Apr 4, 2015, 2:13 PM

I'm still not drinking the kool aid.
Not just yet. I see a descent starting 5, but after that...
Not so sure.

get fired up!!!***

Apr 4, 2015, 2:16 PM

Apr 4, 2015, 6:01 PM

Unfortunately I'm going to remain pessimistic until we see something out of our offensive line. They were absolutely dismal last season, and we're still very, very thin at the position. We have some great freshman coming in this year, but offensive linemen and linebackers are similar in the sense that they almost always need a couple of years to really start to shine. I think Deshaun can help cover up some of the worts due to his mobility, but who knows how much.

Some offensive line stats from last year (warning: they aren't pretty):
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaaol

Apr 4, 2015, 6:58 PM

Power success rate was next to last. Other ratings were horrid as well.
Thanks for the warning.

Does this guy remind anyone else of...

Apr 4, 2015, 9:03 PM

Former worlds strongest man champion and WWE superstar Mark Henry.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Talk the talk, but you better walk the walk, the success of

Apr 6, 2015, 10:32 AM

team will certainly revolve around how good the OLine is. With DW at QB and the tons of skill talent at TE, RB, and WR, it's going to rely on how good the OLine is. Will they open hole for the 3 RB's? will they keep DW upright and not injured? Will they give DW time to find Peake, Williams, and Scott open downfield??

I hope they do.***

Apr 6, 2015, 10:38 AM

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic