Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Tuesday night practice report: Finish is the buzz word
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

New Story: Tuesday night practice report: Finish is the buzz word

Dec 14, 2016, 6:49 PM

Tuesday night practice report: Finish is the buzz word

Finish is the buzzword surrounding the Clemson football program right now, with both players and coaches saying that is their goal heading into the College Football Playoff.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Tuesday night practice report: Finish is the buzz word

Dec 14, 2016, 7:27 PM

Tony Elliot, is a great one. Fortunate to have him.

Dec 14, 2016, 7:28 PM

Fortunate and thankful...

Dec 14, 2016, 9:24 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tuesday night practice report: Finish is the buzz word ]

He is a good one, but he only mentioned lack of execution on certain plays. I would have like to know if he thinks he could have called better plays in certain situations.

Dec 14, 2016, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tuesday night practice report: Finish is the buzz word ]

I believe he will always be loyal to Dabo and Clemson, but I do hope that he will get over his stubbornest and make quick changes when things aren't working the way that he believes it should work. For me personally, running the ball up the gut against a stacked box, it is wasting downs. When we have no other choice near the end of games and we have to have points just to get the win, Tony will open it up, and when he does, we score points at will. And that is what I wish he will do when teams stack the box the way they do until Tony does open up the play book and we score TD's in minutes!!! We have the QB and receivers that can put any D on their heels at will. I love watching a balanced offense, but when a D is determined to shut a part of our O down, kill them with what they have to let us have. Be it with DW4's arm, or #9 and DW4's legs when balanced won't work!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2016, 11:39 PM

I am sure that Tony knows his offense pretty well and he will make the correct call.

Tuesday?

Dec 14, 2016, 7:31 PM

TigerNet trying to be like a newspaper and tell you what happened yesterday?

Dec 14, 2016, 10:38 PM

Stop it Tony, don't call out a player or a play that a player missed bc there will be plays missed on both sides. You and yours should be able to make in game changes when certain plays aren't working. Being stubborn will only hurt the team when you are trying to win the biggest games of your life. When opposing defenses are determined to load the box and stop the run. We will not trick or sneak open any holes against players that are as good as ours are when they are stacking the box for the only reason being is to show us that we will not run the ball against their D!!! When they load the box, let DW4 air raid them with quick short completed passes that will force them to unload the box. If they are determined to stop DW4's passing game, run #9, #28, #27, and the biggest backs we have to pound their D line with the ball down their throats until their AS$ES are worn down trying to stop us. Make the necessary in the game changes with the game clock ticking off the seconds. There is only one half time break to make changes, and playing against good or great teams, IN the game adjustments is a must do with the game in full progress with time running off the clock!!! We know that you are new at the OC position, but great coaches become great coaches by not waiting on half time to make critical necessary in game adjustments!!! There is no doubt that we can win it all with changes being made all the way through the game on time when changes are needed to be made!!! Go Tigers/coaches and lets put it all on the line and win it all!!! We can do this!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2016, 11:39 PM

"One of the young guys has to be ready to step up and spell Renfrow"...lol. Am I the only one that reads that and pictures a player standing by the coaches going " R....E...N....F....R...O...W"?? ^_^

Dec 14, 2016, 11:48 PM

Elliot, you got it. Finish is the Word.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic