Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Transformation Summer: New seasons begins with summer workouts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

New Story: Transformation Summer: New seasons begins with summer workouts

May 16, 2018, 8:07 AM

Transformation Summer: New seasons begins with summer workouts

Ah, summer. The majority of Clemson’s students have gone home and the campus is, except for the construction clogging up the roads, quiet. It’s a time for college football fans to take vacations and rest up for the upcoming football season. But the new season actually begins this week with summer workouts. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Transformation Summer: New seasons begins with summer workouts

May 16, 2018, 9:22 AM

This is what I think about a lot, and that is how do these 5 star very talented freshman take instruction from players that is maybe only a season ahead of them. I hope they understand and follow the leaders well bc, from HS to college, there is a lot to be learned from a guy that just has one season under his belt, bc that space between HS and college is the biggest jump they have ever made from HS into college FB!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2018, 9:59 AM

Yea, that is the process known as derecruitment. A lot of these big name 5 stars freshmen that come in, usually, have had HS football come easy to them and used to being the best player on the field by far, but in college that’s just not the case and it takes some guys longer than others to adjust to this and begin performing up to their level of play. I’m sure it’s hard for a lot of these guys being the best thing in their HS to come in and realize they are no longer head and shoulders above the competition. How fast a player can adjust to this and take what maybe a soph or RS freshman Is telling them to do, and work on it, the faster they get on the field to make an impact. It is a very difficult process to adjust too, being friends to players from GHS like Dj Swearinger, and Sam montgemory they told me it def takes some time to get used to and one of the hardest adjustments they had to make in college. Go Tigers!!!

May 16, 2018, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Transformation Summer: New seasons begins with summer workouts ]

Legendary coach Bear Bryant stated that most football games are won or lost in the off season. Meaning two words: weight room! Finesse teams rarely win, big time. Put in the grind, or plan to lose.

May 16, 2018, 6:14 PM

Finesse teams, are you talking about some of those TB coached teams???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2018, 9:31 AM

This is where you make your money. Players like Higgins, Etienne, Terrell, etc. have the opportunity to make huge gains through their dedication to the process. You want to see players take on the challenge of becoming the best they can be and when it happens the results show from game 1. We have a group of established guys, especially on defense, if we can get major jumps from last seasons fresh/soph this team could be scary good.

null

May 16, 2018, 4:35 PM

I totally agree. And it all starts right now in the weight room. During Danny Ford's tenure we usually didn't have the best players, but typically had the strongest. When we beat Nebraska for the NC way back when, they were almost certainly the more talented team, but we were the strongest, and controlled the LOS and won. He had some of the physically strongest teams in Clemson history.

May 16, 2018, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Transformation Summer: New seasons begins with summer workouts ]

I agree. The potential is there. Of course, everyone will be gunning for us.

May 16, 2018, 6:18 PM

Everyone has already been gunning for us. Some of the usual bad ACC teams have been coming after us like some of those usually good SEC west teams!!!

Great article! Go Tigers!***

May 16, 2018, 10:57 AM

This is where the 2016 NC was won. Players like Ben B and

May 16, 2018, 12:14 PM

DW4 remembered how painful it was to lose their last game, and used it as fuel over the summer. I feel like we have that same mentality and the horses to do it with.

#finishit2018

Best Is The Standard

Re: This is where the 2016 NC was won. Players like Ben B and

May 19, 2018, 3:16 PM

I read somewhere that Trevor Lawrence has been red-shirted. Can this possibly be true? I certainly hope not.

May 19, 2018, 3:40 PM

The footprint of Dabo is all over the players he recruits. Not only do the players work their tails off getting better, they serve as an on-field coach, showing and encouraging the younger players how to be the best. This approach builds team chemistry and an attitude that instills confidence and trust within the team. To observe this team chemistry, we have only to notice the reaction of players on the sidelines when one of the reserves makes an outstanding play.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic