Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Tigers' recruiting makes them a "benefit of the doubt" programs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

New Story: Tigers' recruiting makes them a "benefit of the doubt" programs

Jul 15, 2017, 8:01 AM

Tigers' recruiting makes them a "benefit of the doubt" programs

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney isn’t worried about replacing players like Deshaun Watson, Mike Williams and Ben Boulware. In fact, Swinney enters the 2017 season feeling good about the roster he has in place. That’s because of the way the Tigers have recruited over the past few years. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Tigers' recruiting makes them a "benefit of the doubt" programs

Jul 15, 2017, 8:19 AM

And he didn't even mention the fact that when you are "Too Deep", the freshman players who want to play right away don't have to play every down when they are tired and risk injury more than well-rested guy. Keep 'em coming Dabo !

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2017, 8:37 AM

and as far as coaching ability -remember when he was called "lazy leggett" and everyone on here wondered if he was a wasted scholarship?

Jul 15, 2017, 8:39 AM

> > width=5> 
> id="story-photo" width="478"
> src=http://i3.tigernet.com/stories/17/football/dabo_tr
> ophy_700.jpg>
> size=2>
> cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0>
> href=/story/football/Tigers-recruiting-makes-them-a-be
> nefit-of-the-doubt-programs-16004
> class="newstitle">Tigers' recruiting makes them a "benefit of the
> doubt" programs

> class=newsbody>Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney isn’t
> worried about replacing players like Deshaun Watson,
> Mike Williams and Ben Boulware. In fact, Swinney
> enters the 2017 season feeling good about the roster
> he has in place. That’s because of the way the Tigers
> have recruited over the past few years. > target=_blank
> href=/story/football/Tigers-recruiting-makes-them-a-be
> nefit-of-the-doubt-programs-16004>> class=fullstory>Full Story
> »

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Tiger Head Coach Extraordinaire

Jul 15, 2017, 8:47 AM

Dabo Swinney may be the best college football coach in the FBS. Yeah, I know Nick Saban's record and that's why I make the claim. Dabo's vision turned reality has passed by most legendary coaches, that at a young age it sets him apart.

Look at his string of 10+ win seasons. Good--I guess! Look at his incredible recruiting record. Pretty good? Look at his bowl record. Especially the past 4 years. Not just wins vs losses, but the calibre of wins. Great, you bet.

Take a look at Dabo compared to any great coach like Saban, Bryant, etc and view it with a prism against age and see the difference.

Then set that result against the mega programs that have obscene resources annually. And all have double or triple u-grad attendance. And let's not forget athletic revenue. You know this has an impact. SEC and B1G vs little Clemson!

We have a real treasure. He has built a world class football program that's here to stay. His vision was accepted by our Trustees to set up our athletic infrastructure. Thanks Dabo for being a true Tiger.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where did Dabo get a BCS crystal ball?

Jul 15, 2017, 9:24 AM

It's a better looking trophy than the playoff trophy.

What do we name after Dabo when he retires, since he's the best Clemson coach in the history of the program? They can't change the field or the stadium.

Re: Where did Dabo get a BCS crystal ball?

Jul 15, 2017, 10:08 AM

I don't think it was called the BSC cyrstal ball. I'm pretty sure that it is the coaches association national championship trophy. It was the primary national title during the BCS but the coaches foundation or maybe AP I can't remember still give the national champ the crystal ball but it's not the main trophy anymore since they made the playoff championship trophy. But the crystal ball is still awarded to the national champs.

Howard will always have The Rock.

Jul 15, 2017, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Where did Dabo get a BCS crystal ball? ]

So depending on just how much Dabo accomplishes, I could see giving him the field.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Howard will always have The Rock.

Jul 15, 2017, 4:59 PM

Perhaps the football operation center. That facility is going to always be associated with Dabo.

Re: Howard will always have The Rock.

Jul 15, 2017, 5:46 PM

Do we name the locker room after T Bowden?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2017, 9:27 AM

Thanks David for another great article. We have something very special in Dabo Swinney and his Staff. Pride and Integrity among Players, Staff and University has built this program and it's here to stay for the long run! Also, we cannot forget about the tremendous fan base that has carried the Tiger brand nation wide. GO TIGERS!!!

Jul 15, 2017, 9:59 AM

Love how our recruiting has blown up and we now get the cream of the crop. It's amazing what winning can do. This 18 class is going to set records with 5 stars and amount of talent. Then the 19 class has me really excited bc we will have A full 25 man class and with our recruiting success and on field success, the 19 class could be our first ever #1 overall class! This 18 class would be #1 I think if we had normal numbers. But next year we won't. Be held back due to scholly numbers!!

Jul 16, 2017, 9:04 AM

I would take Dabo at his early stage over Urban or Saban any day of the week. This man has his heart in the right place in ever aspect of the sense. He loves the school as much as football and the kids as much as his own. He is a rare gem that comes once in a lifetime and that is truly hard to find in any company much less in a college football team.

This staff rarely gets it wrong.

Jul 16, 2017, 5:51 PM

Sure we've lost some guys to discipline issues, guys being buried on the depth chart and transferring, etc. but this staff has seldom gotten it wrong. I remember not too long ago we'd be excited because we reeled in a 4 star guy that was ranked in the top 15 at his position. Two or three years down the road, if that guy was still on the roster, he'd done little to live up to his hoopla.

Enter Dabo.

Now it's a rare occurance that we get a guy that is not a four star guy and if he is a three, it becomes pretty clear they were underrated. To take it a step further the guys that we do put on the roster, make it. They pan out. This was a big problem that hurt Bowden. The effort that this staff puts into going after their prime targets, making sure they will fit the program, has paid off in spades. It's been amazing to watch these guys develop under our staff. Dabo has been masterful in bringing his vision to this program, the assistants, players, families, fans and the media.

I find it even more amazing that we are cherry picking. This little school is plucking players away from the backyards of the powerhouses. We're not only competing on the field We're stealing guys they covet. How many of us thought 6-8 years ago that we'd be neck and neck with Ohio St. for the #1 OT in the country, that is from Ohio. Going head to head with Bama and Auburn for a 5 star #2 WR in the nation, from Alabama. Constantly pulling the #1 player out of states like NC, Ga., Ark, Fla. Pulling highly coveted backs away from LSU in their own state. In the mix for the #1 CB in the country from Texas. Over the course of about 8 years I have been amazed at some of the guys we've pulled out of other states.
Sammy Watkins, Stephone Anthony, Tyrone Crowder, Tony Steward, Shaq Smith, Tre Lamar, Mike Bellamy, Artavis Scott, Tajh, Hunter Johnson, Deon Cain, Ray Ray McCloud, Tre Higgins, Amari Rogers, Dexter Lawrence, Christian Wilkins, Scott Pagano, Carlos Watkins, Mackenzie Alexander, Chase Brice, Tyshon Dye, Mitch Hyatt, Deshaun, the list goes on and on. Thank you Dabo!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This staff rarely gets it wrong.

Jul 17, 2017, 12:06 PM

Amazing!! Goooooooooo Tigers!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 17, 2017, 12:24 PM

There is a subtle difference between coaches that is a vital part of their success. Some coaches are totally oriented to coaching and winning. Meeting and mingling with the masses is secondary in their life because it's a necessary part of their job. Dabo is a "people" person first. He relates to recruits, their families and fans in a personal manner. This approach crates that "family atmosphere" which is a vital part of our program. At the same time, it does not detract from his coaching abilities or what transpires on the field.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic