Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Tigers continue to win in spite of themselves
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

New Story: Tigers continue to win in spite of themselves

Oct 16, 2016, 1:01 PM

Tigers continue to win in spite of themselves

The Tigers are 7-0 and are winning games in spite of fumbles, interceptions and offensive malaise, but if they are to make a championship run in November they’ll have to get the offensive miscues cleaned up. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that headline sums up 2016 pretty well

Oct 16, 2016, 1:12 PM

Clemson has been their own worse enemy this year

Our 2 OC's talk a lot, but don't say much

Oct 16, 2016, 3:25 PM

Open up the playbook and call out a few new plays and don't be so predictable would help a ton. Teach the guys to go down after making a 1st down & quit fighting for an extra foot or two and losing the ball. Receivers need to take OFF those gloves because they seem to be acting like mittens instead of helping. None of any of this matters until the offensive line figures out run blocking IMO.

Re: Our 2 OC's talk a lot, but don't say much

Oct 16, 2016, 3:42 PM

We had nearly 500 yards of offense. Play calling wasn't the issue. Red zone turnovers were.

Oct 16, 2016, 4:59 PM [ in reply to Our 2 OC's talk a lot, but don't say much ]

So, submit your impressive coaching resume, Mac. ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2016, 9:12 PM

I bet Macs Pee Wee team is the best on his block. Lol

TOO PREDICTABLE!

Oct 17, 2016, 1:02 AM [ in reply to Our 2 OC's talk a lot, but don't say much ]

I definitely agree that Clemson has become TOO PREdictable with the sideline passes and an occasional deep ball. They seem to save the playbook until they get behind... And please tell Watson that he can throw some of his passes in stride... Rarely does the tight end or other receivers ever catch the ball running... Yes, it is just my opinion.

Re: Our 2 OC's say a lot, but some do not have ears to hear.

Oct 17, 2016, 3:13 AM [ in reply to Our 2 OC's talk a lot, but don't say much ]

I like our OCs, Scott has a little more coach speak than Elliot but neither blow a lot of smoke.

Re: New Story: Tigers continue to win in spite of themselves

Oct 16, 2016, 3:41 PM

Not that it matters, but why was a chop block on on big D'ex not called. From the photo, clearly one guy has him engaged above the waist while another is going at his knees?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2016, 4:08 PM

Worst officiated game I've seen in a long time! Why wasn't the targeting call made when they tackled Gallman? It was clearly helmet to helmet and no one said a word. The announcers were ominously quiet about it, even when the replay showed the hit over and again. Where were the refs?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This!***

Oct 16, 2016, 8:22 PM

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Oct 16, 2016, 8:50 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tigers continue to win in spite of themselves ]

Exactly ! It was spearing and that one pass interference call that led to a touchdown was iffy and most times would not be called . They were grabbing our receivers much more than that one. Typical ACC refs in my opinion ,..trying to keep the Pack in the game.

Oct 16, 2016, 11:16 PM

They had two TD's that were a result a LONE flag on two key third and LONG plays.... one comes from an official 30 yards away while the officials close and watching didn't even sniff their flag. I have no problem when more than one flag is thrown on a play if it for the same penalty..... I have real issue when a LONE flag is thrown by an official who is not even close to the play or out of position and that is what happened on their two TD's.

Again, both of these were thrown on third and LONG and they would have had to punt.... BUT, BUT, BUT if we just score when we had the ball at the 6 inch line and the 1 yard line, those calls are mute points.

This score should have been about 35 or 42 to about 10....

I really like Scott

Oct 16, 2016, 4:01 PM

He is an extremely good OC and doesnt get the recognition that Elliott gets. Super stoked that he & Elliott are our COC. Cant wait til we get our revenge in January! Go Tigers! ! !

Re: I really like Scott

Oct 16, 2016, 8:37 PM

He keeps a good perspective and looks at what went right and what went wrong. I think the dual offensive coordinator system is working well.

This picture of JJ may end up in Clemson HOF...

Oct 16, 2016, 5:16 PM

What a stand against that FG attempt. It must have been quite a site for the kicker to be getting a glimpse of that Clemson defensive line jumping up block that kick.

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: This picture of JJ may end up in Clemson HOF...

Oct 16, 2016, 10:40 PM

quite a "site"?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2016, 7:01 PM

I'm sick and tired of excuses. We are supposed to have the best offense in quite a while. Where is it. Everybody seems to find a way to get us on the ropes. Why do we always here that we have to find a way to do this or that. Pass until they stop it and then run it. Why run when the line doesn't open holes for the running backs? Keep putting the next man up until the cream rises to the top.Maybe let Brent Venebales call the plays for one series.

Oct 16, 2016, 11:18 PM

Maybe it is because our guys keep fumbling, dropping passes and shooting themselves in the foot..... I'll take 7-0 though

Re: New Story: Tigers continue to win in spite of having fan

Oct 17, 2016, 3:24 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tigers continue to win in spite of themselves ]

s that think they know more than our coaches.... :)

Their job is to win! NOT to beat the point spread.

Oct 16, 2016, 8:39 PM

Focus a little bit more on ball security ???? How about FOCUS A LOT MORE ON BALL SECURITY ! We got a gift to win that game . The only one that was not at fault was Wayne Gallman who I felt was targeted and speared in the head . It should have been a targeting penalty . Also , Deshaun has to stop staring down receivers on the perimeter . That pick 6 .....the guy was just waiting for him to throw the ball. We will not beat Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State or FSU in 2 weeks if we keep playing the way we are right now.

? Did State get penalized for targeting on Gallman's injury?

Oct 16, 2016, 11:27 PM

I missed that part of game because out of town and with some girlfriend and old friends who care nothing about fb. On replay, it looked as if NCS got the ball with no penalty. THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN SO WRONG. A PENALTY WOULD HAVE GIVEN THE TIGERS GREAT FIELD POSITION.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jadar Johnson had a good chance of blocking that kick

Oct 17, 2016, 1:48 AM

Just noticed by looking at that photo....if it wasn't pushed right, I think he gets a hand on it. Not that it matters now but just saying.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic