Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Tigers come up dry in the desert
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

New Story: Tigers come up dry in the desert

Jan 12, 2016, 12:22 AM

Tigers come up dry in the desert

Clemson will look back at Monday’s national title game as one of missed opportunities and mindless mistakes. The Tigers went toe-to-toe with Alabama for 60 minutes, but countless coverage issues and a big onside kick led to the Crimson Tide claiming a 45-40 win and the National Championship. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Tigers come up dry in the desert

Jan 12, 2016, 12:28 AM

The official's screw up at the end of the first half was as costly as the loss of Alexander. Great effort by the Tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2016, 12:43 AM

Agreed. The loss of Alexander didn't help us, Watson played His best. Alabama just played a little better. The Tigers are going to be a strong, deeper unit next year. We'll be back.

Jan 12, 2016, 12:58 AM

The refs turning their backs on all the holding that OUR D had to deal with won Bama the title. I really wasn't impressed with the team that has 15-20 5 star players.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2016, 1:00 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tigers come up dry in the desert ]

NO! Alabama did not play better...WE lost the game because of broken coverage which was our fault. The only way Alabama won this game was on broken coverages on passes and returns. Clemson outplayed Alabama, but made too many mistakes in the secondary which probably came from the loss of MacKenzie.

Jan 12, 2016, 2:14 AM

Agreed - we were the better team!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2016, 2:44 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tigers come up dry in the desert ]

I agree. Until that onside kick the Tigers had them reeling. After that it seemed they got their players fired up and we could not get to the quarterback the last two touchdowns. I'm still proud of the Tigers. I hope some won't tear our team down. They played their hearts out and played hurt. So I say go TIGERS!!!!!

Well...

Jan 12, 2016, 1:11 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tigers come up dry in the desert ]

Not DEEPER... still deep, but we can't pretend that losing our entire secondary will be easy to replace. I'm especially worried about Alexander... shutdown corners are VERY hard to find.

We had a shot... and we blew it. It takes a lot of luck to win a natty and everyone on here saying we'll def be back are idiots... it's hard!

Jan 13, 2016, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tigers come up dry in the desert ]

Never been so proud--or hoarse after yelling. We were afraid the neighbors would call the cops! It's easy to look back at mistakes--big and small, but we still gave them all they could handle. Bama folks here actually admit that we beat them everywhere but on the score board. What's left to say, except "live and learn"?

Jan 12, 2016, 12:30 AM

Great year Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will Mackensie come back now?***

Jan 12, 2016, 12:46 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great season and what a ride to the end! I hope sometime b/4 kickoff of the 1st game in the.fall, we get special teams problems fixed. Saban's onside kick ( 3rd one this year), along with several blown coverages on kicks hurt us tonite. Biggest loss was.Mackenzie. They exploited us big.time. GO TIGERS!!!

Great season and what a ride to the end! I hope sometime b/4 kickoff of the 1st game in the.fall, we get special teams problems fixed. Saban's onside kick ( 3rd one this year), along with several blown coverages on kicks hurt us tonite. Biggest loss was.Mackenzie. They exploited us big.time. GO TIGERS!!!

WE HEARD YOU ALREADY!!!!!***

Jan 12, 2016, 9:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Proud of the boys. The better team lost tonight! Corso curse

We beat ourselves. The tight end should never be so open, EVER! Much less,over and over. At least the Bama juggernaut didn't run rough shod over us like the media claimed they would. Chris Fowler was a serious homer all night. Herbie is the last objective journalist at ESecPN. We got cursed by Corso! It wasn't earned, Bama. We gave it to you. We will be back. Congrats to Deshaun Watson for having the greatest season in college football history. I wonder who,we lose to the draft? I hope they re-consider & come back to win a Championship. I celebrated in 1981 with my Father. I thought we had one this year. I just hope we can celebrate one together again someday!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please someone remind me

Jan 12, 2016, 12:48 AM

How Deshaun didn't win the Heisman?

Re: Please someone remind me

Jan 12, 2016, 1:20 AM

Because he doesn't play for the SEC. The homers couldn't allow it. Greatest season by a QB in history.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2016, 1:25 AM [ in reply to Please someone remind me ]

That's a great question.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2016, 9:20 PM [ in reply to Please someone remind me ]

Insufficient votes?

Jan 12, 2016, 1:00 AM

Still proud to be a tigers fans! Bama never thought they would be in a game to the end and would have never thought they would have to pull a rabbits foot out of their as* with the onside kick to win! Saban said that himself after the game that the defense was in trouble and the reason why he called for that play....

Go to hell all you sorry as* coots fans congratulating bama on facebook! We won more football games by the first week in oct then you did all season you sorry as* whipes! Too many mistakes on special teams which has been our achilles heal all year. Whoever coaches special teams needs be fired before the plane ride home!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will be even better next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 12, 2016, 2:50 AM

Ignore the Gamecock fans. If they think they can get to you they will. Bama did not run over our boys. We made a couple of mistakes that really hurt us. IGNORE people who try to pull the team down. We held our own and our Tigers played with heart and guts. I am proud to be a Tiger and I have nothing to be ashamed of. Go Tigers.

Pulling rabbits?

Jan 12, 2016, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tigers come up dry in the desert ]

I disagree. Alabama players and especially coaches have worried about a duel threat QB and HUNH offense all year, especially from Watson. No one that I know of thought this was going to be easy. You don't hear a lot of talk from Bama players, especially talking about "we're better than you," "you're only here because of your brand (whatever that is) or other comparisons. From what I could tell, it was only a focus on beating the best team they have faced in at least 2 years.
As far as the onside kick, it wasn't pulling a rabbit, it was a very big gamble and our players pulled it off.
Our guys wanted this game, and worked for it. there was no sense of entitlement, just simple hard work.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Totally agree.***

Jan 12, 2016, 8:56 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2016, 8:45 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tigers come up dry in the desert ]

Danny Pearman handles Special Teams. (I use the term "handles" lightly) He was the Special teams "master" at Duke in 2007. Yes, for the whole year. It maybe time to re evaluate this hire. I lose or keep my job based on performance, are we holding Danny to the same standard? But hey, he was responsible for coaching Adam Lakip to greatness so I guess we need to cut him some slack.

Tigers come up dry in the desert

Jan 12, 2016, 1:08 AM

Almost a GREAT season--lost to a bunch of cheaters/roughians who try to hurt opposing players--Refs were too stupid to call a high school game, much less the NATTY--Defensive backs sucked, Kearse should have been benched weeks ago, he gets the Clowney "goldbricker" award for trying not to get hurt at the end of the season--Special Teams finally bit us like we all knew they eventually would, maybe Dabo will finally begin to fix what has been wrong for YEARS and he's been acting like they're OK--D-line was awesome, O-line did a really good job against the # 1 recruiting class for the past 5 years--DeShaun was simply DeShaun, officially now not only the the best QB in the land, but the best EVER!!!

Sucks to lose by 5--however, we beat the spread tonight and at least we didn't lose to Ole Miss this year!

Re: Tigers come up dry in the desert

Jan 12, 2016, 2:20 AM

I would still vote us number 1 after tonight.

I'm so proud of the guts this team showed to the end

Jan 12, 2016, 1:16 AM

It wouldn't hurt as bad if we had not dominated where we heard all week we couldn't. They were offsides on the onside kick.

Dabo has been great at fixing weaknesses. That will not be a problem next year. Clemson is going no where. We have great depth and red-shirt freshmen coming back with a great recruiting class.

Can't help but think if Cain and Lakip would have been with the team we would have won with cains downfield speed. Mike Williams is coming back along with a bunch of talent. We are so loaded it's pathetic compared to any other team. We are very close to competing with Alabama in talent. Feaster, Bryant, Dexter Larence and I hope R. Gary too.

We have nothing to be hanging our heads about tonight. I remember people were in a panic about all the people we lost coming into the season. If it weren't for an onside kick we were getting ready to put it away. That's Nick called the onside kick.

We beat ourselves but everybody will be ready next year to win it all. We had the best team in college football but we blew it.

Dabo will be a better coach too.

Our fans were awesome tonight, cant say enough about how great the whole Clemson family is and we should all be proud. The best national championship I've ever witnessed besides the Vince Young one. it was a great game. We had bamas Defense wore out. Our defensive line was better than theirs.

Mitch Hyatt got beat on two plays all night. He's no longer a freshman. he's only going to get better.

2nd place in 2015/2016 we will be back next year for a first place finish. Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: I'm so proud of the guts this team showed to the end

Jan 12, 2016, 1:43 AM

If Dabo is so great at fixing weaknesses, how come our special teams suck so bad ( and have for years )? And, we won't be back next year--the clowns who run the playoffs will still only let 4 teams from 5 power conferences be in it ( figure out that stupidity! ). Things have to really fall right to get where we were--a team of destiny that messed it up. I hate it especially to a bunch of thugs and cheaters from the SEC ( I should be used to us getting beat by cheaters in the ACC like UNC and Duke ).

Dabo should order a National Football Championship replica trophy for the West Zone since the incompetent refs really cheated us out of the one tonight. These refs should try to get a gig at the Orange Bowl--the folks down there seem to embrace and retain incompetent refs.

Re: I'm so proud of the guts this team showed to the end

Jan 12, 2016, 2:55 AM [ in reply to I'm so proud of the guts this team showed to the end ]

Thank you for being so positive and giving our Tigers and coaches a benefit of a doubt. It hurts to lose, but the one that is really hurting is the Tigers who gave their all tonight. So proud to be a Tiger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 12, 2016, 1:23 AM

We may not have won on the score board, but we won as a program. First time we have been to the title game in 34 years. Second time of the play off era of playing 15 games and ending up as the second best team in the country and lost by 5 points in a game that all are saying was one of the best NC games in a long time. Yes we lost on the score board by 5 point against a team that all but Clemson fans didn't give us a chance, they said that we would get embarrassed. Our program won by a ton tonight, and I do believe that the refs turned their heads on a lot of calls that should have been called against Bama but was ignored. Shame on them for not allowing our team to play on an even field by the rules!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2016, 2:04 AM

Yes some bad calls and what they did at the end of the half was inexcusable - they should be fired for that BUT even so we still showed we take no backseat to AL or the vaunted SEC! As Danny Ford (and others) said some time ago - games hinge on a few plays and tonight they got them all. Not the least of all was poor coaching on the onside kick, poor execution and perhaps coaching on the kick return as we have had all year. In addition we had blown coverages (how much due to Alexander out I don't know) and a LB not filling a hole. That's about 5 plays that made the difference.
Still - VERY proud to be a TIGER - we will be back!

Jan 12, 2016, 10:56 AM

You hate to lose on special teams, especially when our offense played like champions. That onside kick just turned things around. You have to give credit where it's due: that was a good call by Saban. We were collecting all the momentum, and they stole it all back right there. No excuse for giving up a TD on a return and blown coverage, though. That was just bad execution from us.
It was a fun ride, but as they say, all good things must come to an end. We should all be proud of our Tigers. They proved they belonged in the game last night. And we WILL be back. We're talented, and we know how to win. Remember: this wasn't even supposed to be our year. Thanks for the incredible season, and go Tigers!

Jan 13, 2016, 12:16 PM

Great game - Alabama knew we were there, but we need to fix:
1. Special teams
When was the last time we ran back a kickoff or punt? Spiller? With all our speed, we should capitalize. It's like we assume all kickoffs will not be returned, and all punts will be a fair catch? Also, the ACC championship game should have been a major wake up call on the coverage of onside kicks.
2. Total breakdowns in pass coverage
3. Deshuan sometimes telegraphs his pass-but sometimes does a great job looking off the opposing safety

Re: New Story: shame we dudnt win, coulda used moist in the headline***

Jan 13, 2016, 12:17 PM

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic