Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Tigers Put the Boom on the Sooners
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

New Story: Tigers Put the Boom on the Sooners

Dec 29, 2014, 9:00 PM

Tigers Put the Boom on the Sooners

Clemson's defense put the Boom in Boomer Sooner and Cole Stoudt had a career night as Clemson defeated Oklahoma 40-6 in the Russell Athletic Bowl Monday night. The win gave the Tigers 10 or more wins in four consecutive seasons. Photo by Joshua S. Kelly / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Tigers Put the Boom on the Sooners

Dec 29, 2014, 9:02 PM

Hehe, someone wanted to post a bit early ... 40-6.

Dec 29, 2014, 9:08 PM

Hats off to the Stoudt! Great last game. Well deserved game MVP.

Dec 29, 2014, 9:09 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tigers Put the Boom on the Sooners ]

Actually the article says senior class. The 6 pts came on the 2nd and 3rd team underclassmen. I think the post made the point they wanted to make..... Our first team defense shut them out

To "Tiger Fans" who threw Stoudt under bus before game....

Dec 29, 2014, 9:14 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tigers Put the Boom on the Sooners ]

...but All In tonight....

....Eat some crow you fair weather arm chair QBs!! Either you're All In all the time or you're not in at all....just a bunch of #%# whiney hypocrites. True Clemson fans who were behind Cole through thick and thin are All In all of the time. It's a great day to be a Clemson Tiger!

Re: To "Tiger Fans" who threw Stoudt under bus before game....

Dec 30, 2014, 1:28 PM

A..friggin..MEN.

PS...OU found out what a CLEMSONING feels like! Is it '15 Game day yet?

Dec 29, 2014, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tigers Put the Boom on the Sooners ]

Hats off to Cole. Shows what a OC can do buy adjusting the game plan; something Morris could not do!

Dec 30, 2014, 2:51 PM

Buist, your post was outstanding and dead on point!! Morris was outstanding at Clemson but I agree, he had his plan and that is what he tried to execute. Our new co-OCs seemed to develop a game plan that fit the talents of the QB they had to work with and he executed it flawlessly. Game over, Clemson wins!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2014, 9:11 PM

Clemson DESERVES the best. Dabo is better than we deserve.

All in, all the time.

Dec 29, 2014, 10:13 PM

You said it... best way to tell it like it is...either you're all in or not a true fan.

So happy for Cole Stoudt

Dec 29, 2014, 9:12 PM

I knew he had the ability to play well. Really heartwarming to see him get healthy, get his head right, let loose and go out a winner. He got badmouthed an awful lot on here and other forums this season. He should feel proud of finally shutting them up. Good win.

I was as hard on Stoudt as many! But, I'm....

Dec 29, 2014, 9:14 PM

...so happy for that young man! What a game! What a season! It's good to be a Clemson Tiger! Thank you Cole for hanging in there when I was ready to hang you out after the Ga Tech game! You fought through the pain, us hateful ungrateful fans, and you played a flawless game against the Oklahoma Sooners! Quite honestly, playing up to your full potential! I am humbled sir! You are the epitome of a Clemson Tiger! Fantastic win! Cannot wait for next season! Thank you to all of the seniors! I'm going to miss you guys wearing orange! A perfect end to the holiday season! All that's left is for anyone OTHER than a SEC team to win the playoff! So sick of the SEC homers! Go Tigers!!!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BOLD of you to admit that!

Dec 29, 2014, 10:05 PM

I
The ultimate optimist am a HUGE Cole Fan.

I called his MVP status

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was as hard on Stoudt as many! But, I'm....

Dec 29, 2014, 10:17 PM [ in reply to I was as hard on Stoudt as many! But, I'm.... ]

Glad you apologized to this young man. Way to go ... is to be honest as you just did. As an old saying goes we all have to eat humble pie sometimes. You are man enough to do it.

Re: I was as hard on Stoudt as many! But, I'm....

Dec 30, 2014, 2:57 PM [ in reply to I was as hard on Stoudt as many! But, I'm.... ]

OneJedi, an admission of guilt on your part concerning Stoudt's play, but an outstanding post by you by saying the great things you did about Stoudt and he being the epitome of a Clemson Tiger.

It is always a great day to be a Clemson Tiger. Good post, OneJedi!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great end to a good year!

Dec 29, 2014, 9:14 PM

Great job Cole! Great job Brent! Great job Jeff and Tony. Great job Tigers! On to the future!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And to Dabo... Thank you for being a true Clemson Tiger! You

Dec 29, 2014, 9:18 PM

are truly the best!

And to all the seniors... thank you, thank you, thank you! We'll miss you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2014, 9:23 PM

So happy for Cole & Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i doubted cole.

Dec 29, 2014, 9:30 PM

But as I said before I'd love for him to prove me wrong. He did! Outstanding job stout! Outstanding !

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2014.....

Dec 29, 2014, 9:34 PM

....with a cherry on top now. The "dirt peckers" are going to hate me tomorrow. But then again what do I care.

Dec 29, 2014, 9:44 PM

I too doubted Cole. But I have been proved wrong. And am happy to be wrong!!! WAY TO GO COLE!!! Way to go seniors!!! Great job Dabo, Brent, and all the staff.!!!!

Dec 30, 2014, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Re: 2014..... ]

just wish Miami hadn't laid an egg :(

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Dec 29, 2014, 9:43 PM

Man it was great to see the Tigers play so well^^ They scratched and clawed all season to earn their way into this bowl game, and it was satisfying to see them reap the rewards of all the work they put in by taking what they earned out there...Four straight seasons of 10 or more wins and three straight bowl wins over top programs in LSU, Ohio St., and Oklahoma...Awesome accomplishments for the program and these seniors^^ Heres to continually improving/staying hungry, and being a top program in the years to come!!!!!

Dec 30, 2014, 10:00 AM

I must admit I did not like the Tigers' chances going in last night. They proved me a lousy prognosticator. And I'm thrilled they did! Cole Stoudt was tremendous and the defense was superb. Dabo, BV, and all the other coaches did a super job this year. BV will be called upon to rev it up again next year after losing 2/3 of his defensive starters, but I'm confident he can do it! And the offense should be excellent with a year under its belt. Ten wins four straight years. Bowl victories over LSU, Ohio State and Oklahoma. Faaaaantastic! With many excellent recruits coming in and the incredible enthusiasm going for Clemson, I honestly see many very good years ahead.

Hate to be a stickler, but

Dec 29, 2014, 9:52 PM

42 wins is most in school history not a tie.

Re: Hate to be a stickler, but

Dec 29, 2014, 10:18 PM

If your numbers are right... great job by these Seniors.

this is pure and simple

Dec 29, 2014, 9:55 PM

In one game stout went from the butt ofa joke to a beloved memory in Clemson history. So glad you proved me wrong.

Re: this is pure and simple

Dec 29, 2014, 10:19 PM

Great of you to admit it. Good job.

I'm glad to see you guys admitting you were hard on him

Dec 29, 2014, 10:16 PM

So the least you could do is learn to spell his name: STOUDT.

Dec 29, 2014, 10:21 PM

Future looks good with Elliott and Scott. Well played with Cole. Dang well played.

Dec 29, 2014, 10:54 PM

So can an ACC team, other than FSU get some respect ? Don't. know that I can pull for GA Tech and certainly not for the disgraceful FSU team. Our CU players are not only good football players but, more importantly, they are good young men. Thanks to the coaches who set that standard and recruit talent and class.

Wow! Very impressive! Great win! Kudos to the staff & team!***

Dec 30, 2014, 4:04 AM

TFL

Dec 30, 2014, 10:34 AM

been looking all over for a note on official tackles for loss. Found one article that showed only 9 ... including 3 for Garrett, 3 for Beasly. But that can't be right, can it?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic