Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Tiger Bytes: Dabo on Kurt Fleming, Jay Jay McCullough and other camp nuggets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

New Story: Tiger Bytes: Dabo on Kurt Fleming, Jay Jay McCullough and other camp nuggets

Aug 5, 2014, 8:40 PM

Tiger Bytes: Dabo on Kurt Fleming, Jay Jay McCullough and other camp nuggets

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said that 55 out of the 60 minutes during Tuesday's practice were spent going good on good. What is the latest injury report? What does he say about the kicking game? What are his thoughts on the running backs? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Tiger Bytes: Dabo on Kurt Fleming, Jay Jay McCullough and other camp nuggets

Aug 5, 2014, 8:55 PM

I really hope big time Lakip can be as automatic as what we have become accustomed to. We have been seriously spoiled the last 4 years.
Here's to hoping Catman can make a good living in the pros for a while!
He sure made life easy for us.

Re: New Story: Tiger Bytes: Dabo on Kurt Fleming, Jay Jay McCullough and other camp nuggets

Aug 5, 2014, 9:02 PM

From his remarks, I didn't get the feeling that some guys aren't stepping up as expected.

Aug 5, 2014, 10:20 PM

double negative . . . so you do think that he said people are failing to step up?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She's a coot / dawg - doesn't matter.***

Aug 6, 2014, 7:08 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

No doubt about Catman

Aug 5, 2014, 9:21 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tiger Bytes: Dabo on Kurt Fleming, Jay Jay McCullough and other camp nuggets ]

He's spoiled us the last 3 years. Early on, we may get some reminders that kicks aren't always automatic.

Hopefully Dabo saying outright that Fleming is a developmental guy will quiet some of the talk I see from people expecting to see this guy come right in, step onto the field, and make major contributions. Ain't happening. Not with the talent in front of him on the depth chart, and that's including a couple of true freshman.

So, uhm

Aug 5, 2014, 9:42 PM

He said he's a developmental guy that might have a role early on. I think people expect him to possible be a goal line/ short yardage back, and I assume that's what Dabo was talking about.

Fleming may be used in different position - fb or whatever

Aug 6, 2014, 9:00 AM

that is called these days - like the FSuck guy!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2014, 9:28 PM

Very excited about this team! Every player, everyone is not going to be a shining star on every play, but someone will be on every play. The great news is we have lots of guys with lots of talent that will contribute. Do you realize what a nightmare that is for a defensive coordinator? I love to make them nervous, and we will make a lot of DC's nervous.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2014, 11:39 PM

We will need them all once C. Morris turn up the after burners. I believe you quested right about Flemmings be used in the goaline offensive scheme. We have backs that will cover every type of skill sets that a runningback can have.

Aug 6, 2014, 12:07 AM

Think there's any chance Jay Jay is still getting some reps in practice as a RB? I think he could be a short yardage/goal line type of guy. I think he could also take Darrell Smith's spot. I also think from what I've read that Leggett could as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see him run the ball or block out of the backfield. Another guy to keep your eye on is Fuller. That dude is big and fast and as a Junior could be a nasty back.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2014, 6:58 PM

I'm not sure, since we have some big backs in the program this year, but I believe the Chad will pull out all the stops to make this our best year ever during his tenure. Same for BV. Both of them want to be a HC, and showing out in a great way will get them their dreams.

Aug 6, 2014, 6:55 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tiger Bytes: Dabo on Kurt Fleming, Jay Jay McCullough and other camp nuggets ]

I think the Chad has a plan to mix and match any situation he can spot. The OL is the key, though, and it always has been. I have faith that they will be improved and there will be quality depth this year. Getting the big guy who was hurt in the wreck last year will be a huge plus, IMO. He seems ready to perform.

Kurt Fleming may surprise us...hopefully.

Aug 5, 2014, 9:51 PM

Kurt Fleming has the tools...speed, strength, and toughness. If he can hang onto the ball, learn the playbook, run with vision, and stay out of trouble, he has the potential to challenge for serious playing time in a year or two.

Kurt, if you are reading this, I hope that you take advantage of every chance you get to play. Bloody the noses of our first team defense in practice and you will get your chance to play on Saturday.

Ok by this time I was thinking Tyshon Dye would be the far

Aug 6, 2014, 12:51 PM

And away leader as starting RB yet Dabo doesn't even mention his name...he mentions Kurt Fleming but not Dye. Must be missing something, is he done with football or something? I had visions of our version of Todd Gurley when he committed. How is he not just dominating the RB job?

Call Brad Pitt.... Maybe he could explain...***

Aug 6, 2014, 12:59 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ur so racist...***

Aug 6, 2014, 1:14 PM

Re: Ok by this time I was thinking Tyshon Dye would be the far

Aug 6, 2014, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Ok by this time I was thinking Tyshon Dye would be the far ]

Not sure if serious, but I'll bite. Tyshon Dye is rehabbing a torn Achilles, and he's not back up to full speed yet.

Re: Ok by this time I was thinking Tyshon Dye would be the far

Aug 6, 2014, 1:46 PM [ in reply to Ok by this time I was thinking Tyshon Dye would be the far ]

uh, he is recovering from a torn achilles

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2014, 1:46 PM

Is there a chance jay jay could play some running back/fullback?

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic