Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Three Keys to Beating Duke in key ACC Matchup
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

New Story: Three Keys to Beating Duke in key ACC Matchup

Feb 18, 2018, 8:01 AM

Three Keys to Beating Duke in key ACC Matchup

Clemson and Duke face off in a critical ACC matchup Sunday afternoon in Littlejohn Coliseum and if the Tigers are going to knock off the Blue Devils they will do it without two of their best players. In other words, it will require a total team effort. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Three Keys to Beating Duke in key ACC Matchup

Feb 18, 2018, 9:19 AM

An upset? I guess I will give you the fact that we are 2.5 point dogs but I wouldn't say it us much of an upset to beat a team at home that is about even with you.

What a negative article!

Feb 18, 2018, 11:08 AM

Saying things like "for the Tigers to have a chance" and "pull the upset" are ridiculous. You know our team is second in the ACC, right?

Not having Mitchell will make it tougher, but Duke doesn't have their best player - the ACC's leading scorer and rebounder. Plus, we are at home.

It is ridiculous for some of you to act like the stars have to align perfectly for us to win today. This isn't a bottom dweller Clemson team playing Duke. This is a very good Clemson team who, on paper, is on par with Duke this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I had to pull off my orange-colored shades too...

Feb 18, 2018, 11:17 AM

Without Mitchell handling the ball we are in high water here. Home helps, but as you saw when FSU started pressuring and trapping the ball - we didn't step up. Duke will pressure and trap from leaving the locker room until they are back in Durham. Still 'Go TIGERS'.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't get me wrong, today's game will be very tough.

Feb 18, 2018, 11:29 AM

It would've been tough with Mitchell and Grantham playing, too. But we are a good team this year. We have players who are playing who are very capable of stepping up. And we are at home.

It was very frustrating to read a Clemson article making it sound like we have little chance to win.

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

This Clemson basketball team has shown itself resilient

Feb 18, 2018, 12:12 PM

and gritty over the entire season....part of the reason for our Tigers having such a great record is that not only have they kept games close at the end, but they've also found ways to win those games---like getting hot offensively with seconds left, or making a big block or steal on the defensive side of things. And the star of the game honors have been spread around somewhat.....

I never count these guys out because they have a collective heart big as all outdoors---just wish they'd play a lot smarter on occasion. And don' t misunderstand, the thought of Clyde Trapp bringing the ball upcourt against Grayson Allen is a scary one.

Bagley and Allen aren't the only talented players on Duke's squad.....Tigers will need superlative efforts from the starters and the bench to win (and probably from the crowd as well!!)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I should have read the article.

Feb 18, 2018, 11:31 AM [ in reply to I had to pull off my orange-colored shades too... ]

I thought it was just saying Bagley was out. Without Mitchell I don't thin we have much of a shot. Duke's PG is going to be at the rim all day. That guy is blazing fast.

Duke is without the ACC's best player.

Feb 18, 2018, 12:47 PM

Bagley leads the ACC in points and rebounds. That is significant, yet nobody seems to talk about that. Only that we have no chance. SMH

Negatuve ?

Feb 18, 2018, 12:32 PM [ in reply to What a negative article! ]

Take off the orange glasses.

Article is on point.

We still don't have the mental focus and toughness we need. 2 examples: the Chapel Hill streak and the loss to FSU.

Hope we get the upset but the reality is we won't get the respect we deserve until we overacheive at the end of the year.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why would it be an upset?

Feb 18, 2018, 12:45 PM

The two teams are virtually even this year when you actually look into rankings and statistics.

Stop thinking about Duke and Clemson historically. The notion that it will take a perfect game from us to beat Duke is ludicrous.

Breaking The Press

Feb 18, 2018, 11:54 AM

Many of my fellow TigerNet ! journalists say with Mitchell out Dook will press all game and we get rattled. I disgree. You pass the ball up and don't have the guy try to dribble through it. Its like a daisy chain.

We win by ...

- Taking it to the hoop !
- Kick out to the open man !
- Defend like mad men !

Do this, and you score more points then the other team and my analytics show that doing this means you win !

Remember, you heard it first on TigerNet !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Breaking The Press

Feb 18, 2018, 12:54 PM

Duke will need Bagley to play well and don’t think for a minute he will be on the bench for the entire game.

Get the ball up court and the Tigers will be strong enough to win this game Please, no turnovers!

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic