Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: The latest on Mark Fields, including his thoughts on joining "DB U"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

New Story: The latest on Mark Fields, including his thoughts on joining "DB U"

Jan 11, 2015, 8:28 PM

The latest on Mark Fields, including his thoughts on joining "DB U"

Decision time is just around the corner for 4-star defensive back Mark Fields, and with three visits in place over the next three weeks TigerNet caught up with Fields for an update. What does he say about his upcoming visits? What is the message he hears from the Clemson coaches? What does he think about Clemson becoming known for top-flight defensive back play?
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like we're in good shape...

Jan 11, 2015, 8:32 PM

Kid may not even need to take those other visits ;)

Re: Sounds like we're in good shape...

Jan 11, 2015, 9:05 PM

Dabo may have told him not to commit until after his visits. Every commit during his tenure when speaking about committing to Clemson has mentioned that Coach Swinney has told them to wait until after visiting other places to make sure that Clemson is the right place.

Re: New Story: The latest on Mark Fields, including his thoughts on joining "DB U"

Jan 11, 2015, 8:33 PM

Sounds like he's about a 99.9% lock to be "ALL IN". The way he talks about the other visits(Texas and LSU) almost makes it like its nothing more than a free vacation.

My thoughts exactly

Jan 11, 2015, 8:39 PM

In a free vacation. Even Deon had to go down to Louisiana to get a taste of that Louisiana gumbo lol.

What's he waiting on? Go ahead and just commit to CU!

Jan 11, 2015, 8:36 PM

We want you Mark.

Yea Mark, we want you...

Jan 11, 2015, 8:41 PM

In a no #### kinda way, of course. ;)

Re: New Story: The latest on Mark Fields, including his thoughts on joining "DB U"

Jan 11, 2015, 8:36 PM

"It's pretty much just Clemson -- the main one and then there's Texas"

Well that was very encouraging. Reel him in Dabo!

The Fat Lady ain't sung yet. Don't count chickens until, etc***

Jan 12, 2015, 9:13 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Fat Lady ain't sung yet. Don't count chickens until, etc***

Jan 12, 2015, 9:22 AM

Maybe not but she's over there humming and warming up. lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2015, 8:55 PM

Sounds as if he is already sure of where he wants to go, but is just going through the motions by taking the other visits. Can't blame Fields for taking those visits to be certain. He will become a shutdown corner and could be the fastest guy in this class if he commits.

Jan 11, 2015, 9:05 PM

Mackenzie on one side and fields on the other. Defense will be tough! Wetoodeep!

Jan 11, 2015, 9:23 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't visit the other schools.

Well there was a fantastic interview if I ever heard one.

Jan 11, 2015, 9:04 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Well done Nikki!

Jan 11, 2015, 9:27 PM

I like your reporting style.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"DB U" ..."WR U"..."LB U" ----

Jan 11, 2015, 10:45 PM

Few more position improvements, then we could be a serious juggernaut for years and years.

Re: "DB U" ..."WR U"..."LB U" ----

Jan 12, 2015, 7:28 AM

What some are forgetting is his best friend in high school is Van Smith. Im sure Smith has been in his ear the whole time. One thing is 100% sure. He will NEVER recommit back to the coots. That little rinky dink fanbase is gonna be even more ticked when he announces for Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2015, 7:34 AM

That secondary will be scary.. Everyone is screaming about Fields, but you forget about Tankersly, Baker, Blanks, Johnson, Green, and Gibson. That group is loaded of young talented kids that have redshirts and will be around for a long time.. Going to be nice to see. I for one can't wait.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2015, 9:28 AM

I agree somewhat that is a heavy Clemson lean but I did not like him using the word they, when referring to Clemson becoming DB U. If he was ALL IN as suggested right now, why not use the word we. I hope he is just holding everything close to the vest before visiting and then committing to Clemson.

Jan 12, 2015, 10:00 AM

Had he said "we" in the context of his interview, he probably would have lost the opportunities to visit some places he would like to see. his visiting them should only reinforce his choice of Clemson, and I bet it does.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2015, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Re: "DB U" ..."WR U"..."LB U" ---- ]

That maybe the exact reason he is going to visit Texas and LSU. He could see all the talent that got redshirts, and may think that he could play early at one of the 2 schools he is going to take a visit at. Then, he could be taking Dabo's advice, and get all the visits that he wants to take, then commit. I think he is 99% "ALL IN " at Clemson, but I guess it's going to be a wait and see after his visits are done. Hope Clemson is his choice. GO TIGERS !!!

Not so fast my friends

Jan 12, 2015, 10:42 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/update/recruiting/Mark-Fields-dream-offer-18404

Just how serious was he in this comment?

I hope he is ours!!

Jan 12, 2015, 9:16 PM

Mark, we would love to see you on the field at Clemson. We are in need of players like you. Come on be a Tiger and wear the paw with pride. Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!! Come on and join us and your friend...

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic