Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: The latest on 5-star Zacch Pickens: Where do things stand?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

New Story: The latest on 5-star Zacch Pickens: Where do things stand?

May 21, 2018, 7:01 AM

The latest on 5-star Zacch Pickens: Where do things stand?

Teams from across the country are lining up for the services of 5-star defensive end Zacch Pickens, and that means that writers from across the country latch onto every bit of news about the talented 2019 prospect out of Anderson (SC) TL Hanna.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: The latest on 5-star Zacch Pickens: Where do things stand?

May 21, 2018, 7:06 AM

It sounds like coach Bates as his mom said is really making a great impression. It seems like a no brainer to me but of course I’m partial.

I can’t iimagine not picking Clemson. He’ll be able to get moms cooking at least once a week plus it will save them Money. No better place to set himself up for being a 1st round NFL pick.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

If mom's health ever becomes an issue he will be close to

May 21, 2018, 8:51 AM

home

May 21, 2018, 7:53 AM

Lots of "ours" and "we" in there, just need to impress mama. Fortunately our staff does it because they are honest and care about the guy's lives on and off the field. Not gonna find that anywhere else in the Southeast and especially not in the SEC.

May 21, 2018, 8:00 AM

Hope he chooses us. It seems like Coach Bates has made a favorable impression, and there is no better than Dabo when it comes to providing the right atmosphere on and off the field. Good luck to him, and to us, too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 8:00 AM

Sounds like a great family. Mama seems like she admires honesty and that is exactly what our staff is all about in the recruiting process. As for the school in the midlands look no further than Joyner and McEllwain if you want to know what kind of smoke they will blow in the recruiting process.

I hope this young man ends up a tiger. He seems to fit the mold.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 8:51 AM

what's going on with joyner?

May 21, 2018, 11:46 AM

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say he will not be a QB when it is all said and done. Coaches from other schools were up front with him about what position he could maximize his potential at. Surely the coaches at SC saw the same thing. His development as an athlete is likely to be set back a couple of years or his potential may never be fully realized. Of course I could be wrong but I have a strong feeling about this one. Nothing from their spring game seems to indicate otherwise.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 3:43 PM

I'm going out on a different limb than the one you're on bc yours maybe a little to small with a great chance of breaking and bouncing your A$S on the ground like an athlete. I'm thinking that his size and talent would be better suited as a DE if he could somehow lose a massive 3 pounds!!! ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Zacchaeus? That's no wee little man!***

May 21, 2018, 9:40 AM

Re: Zacchaeus? That's no wee little man!***

May 21, 2018, 12:07 PM

Ya beat me to it! great minds...

May 21, 2018, 10:18 AM

Honesty and best fit stuck out to me in her comments. Tigers are near or at the top for honesty. Best fit is ambiguous, but I don't fault mom for not defining. It's whatever they decide, that's clear.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is one of the better interviews I have read

May 21, 2018, 10:25 AM

with a parent of a recruit. His mother is fielding questions in a very businesslike manner...I like it.

Re: This is one of the better interviews I have read

May 21, 2018, 11:51 AM

I've always wondered why more parent aren't like her. Most seem so willing to allow their 15, 16, or 17 year old to freely talk to the press. As a parent I'd at least be present during the interviews. I'm assuming they aren't. Is there not a minimum age that kids can address the press alone? It's common for adults to be misquoted or claim words were take out of context. Kids don't have much experience in dealing with the press.

Mom seems like a great person looking out for her son.

May 21, 2018, 11:51 AM

Very smart lady that's not going to be fooled by glitz and glitter.

My only concern is that she retweets a fair amount of uscjr news, didn't see any Clemson retweets.

maybe we need to show her some love?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 12:08 PM

Speaking to a player of TL Hanna a few weeks ago and he mention Pickens was headed to SC. However, this guy was a coot himself. He proceeded to argue that Joyner was going to start this summer bc he was a 5 star (not true at all). So hopefully he is wrong about Pickens!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 3:32 PM

This is just what Mama was talking about. Some player from TL Hanna that he plays with making comments about where he may choose. Don't believe a word of it. To much time left before decision day. After the coots get boat raced by the Tigers and others things can change quickly.

May 21, 2018, 3:51 PM

If she is as smart as some think that she is, there is no way she would want to see her sons college career to be wasted without any championships at all to show for all the hard work that her kid has put in to this point. The coots wouldn't be a smart move or choice AT ALL!!!!!! Even a dumb mom would know that much!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2018, 12:33 PM

To be fair though, SCar did recently have a DE go #1 overall in the draft, so they have a pretty good track record there (if that's even important to her).

May 21, 2018, 8:37 PM

Does this Mom sound or talk a lot like the mom of Rashan Gary?

May 26, 2018, 8:15 AM

Looks like you nailed it.
What a difference four days can make.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Send in Dabo...

May 22, 2018, 9:32 AM

That is all.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic