Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: The Thad Turnipseed Files
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,815

New Story: The Thad Turnipseed Files

Feb 20, 2015, 7:01 AM

The Thad Turnipseed Files

Thad Turnipseed has been at Clemson only a short amount of time, but has already made his mark on the program. Following head coach Dabo Swinney’s National Signing Day press conference earlier this month, Turnipseed met with the media to discuss his role as Director of Recruiting and External Affairs. We’ve run a few pieces of his press conference, but the following is a transcript of his time in front of the microphone. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: The Thad Turnipseed Files

Feb 20, 2015, 7:56 AM

We are fortunate to have Thad Turnipseed at Clemson. He totally "gets" what Clemson is about and complements our coaching staff perfectly. He adds another dimension to Clemson recruiting. As a bonus, he is a great guy! Thad, I'm looking forward to another stellar recruiting class for 2016. All in!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2015, 8:11 AM

Why can't we get them to help our basketballs recruiting. We need a Cj Spiller in basketball.

Feb 20, 2015, 10:01 AM

I'm sure we are doing it. Players must fit our hoops profile- ie have little to no outside shoooting ability. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2015, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: The Thad Turnipseed Files ]

Rather than muddy the water, let them stick with football. Why mess
with a good thing by trying to mix apples and oranges?

Feb 20, 2015, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: The Thad Turnipseed Files ]

Just think, a Dumbo WRs coach had all of this in his vision, and he worked his A$$ off and put it all together. Right now its working as a well oiled machine and it will get even better. Not bad for ole Dumbo, is it!!! Dabo is what I have dreamed of for Clemson for yearsssss!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2015, 11:11 AM

If Dabo is the architect of the program; then I would guess the folks that have hated the Dabo hire from day one are gonna be pretty disappointed, because he may very well be the best thing that has ever happened to Clemson.

To all the clucker fans; that hoped Clemson would never fire Dabo, I hope Clemson never fires him either, and I hope usc never fires spurrier.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:I hope the cockclucker never fire Slurrier also.,

Feb 20, 2015, 1:07 PM

Let him live out the rest of his life right there coaching his coots to Never Championships!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2015, 2:14 PM

A guy I work with, (clucker fan) was delighted to tell me that spurlid changed his story from two more years to five years before retiring. Guess he thought I would be upset to hear that bit of news.I told him, that I hoped they would give him a life time contract. First time in six years that guy had been at a loss for words about his beloved chickens.

Feb 20, 2015, 3:36 PM

LMAO, and don't you love telling them that, and they actually see in your face that you mean every word of it. They are lost for words when that happens bc they see the big picture and knowing how young Dabo is, and what he has done with our program. That's why they say that nobody wants Dabo. They smart enough to know that Dabo has made it clear that he loves Clemson and he isn't interested in any where else, but I would bet that Dabo has had a private call or two with an offer that has been kept away from the media ears. If Dabo don't make it know that He's ready for a change, he most likely won't get any offers leaked to the media. The coots say when its being said that Dabo would be good fit for another elite program, that those people saying it are stupid and don't know nothing about FB coaches. That's nothing but super supreme jealousy coming from them when they say that. And its their jealousy when they say that nobody wants Dabo as a HC but Clemson, and how glad they are that Dabo is our coach. The truth is and they know it, Dabo wouldn't be stupid enough to entertain any offer from their program and I "would bet" any amount on that!!! The coot program is for retired coaches looking for another project until they learn that the coot program was a failed project, and it will be a fail project for the next idiot that wants to prove they can still win. Its NOT going to happen, and I think that Slurrier has proven that!!! It got to where Slurrier had to get drunk before showing up for work just to tell how last week went with his project....

Feb 20, 2015, 8:53 AM

This is absolute genius at work here people!

Sheer unadulterated genius!!

When all is said and done, not even E$ECPN will be able to ignore it!

Yes....they might still "TRY" to pump up their precious "Bama" darlings, but when (not if, but WHEN) Clemson is making all the noise.....they will be forced into recognizing that the college football world does NOT revolve around Tuscaloosa Alabama!!

TWEET THAT!

Go Tigers!!!!

Feb 20, 2015, 10:06 AM

I am loving the approach we are taking when going after recruits, I hope we can start recruiting talent on the basketball side because the support is obviously there and I hope Brownell get in on this action.

Feb 20, 2015, 1:20 PM

It's up to Brownell to develop his own system, not overburden Dabo's
set up.

Great but hope we are keeping some of our strategies

Feb 20, 2015, 10:48 AM

quiet. Everyday I look on Tigernet and see what we are doing that's great. No need in letting your competitors in on what you are doing. D*** Internet

Re: Great but hope we are keeping some of our strategies

Feb 20, 2015, 1:18 PM

I also feel that everything we do that make us better was kept secrete. And I'm sure that some things are kept from public viewing. But to be like our program, they will have to have Dabo Swinney, or know what he's thinking next, or just be a step behind. Most people would rather have the original than a copy!!!

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,815
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic