Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: The Spark: Emotional speech lifts Tigers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,424

New Story: The Spark: Emotional speech lifts Tigers

Feb 6, 2016, 7:01 AM

The Spark: Emotional speech lifts Tigers

Trailing 28-20 at Wake Forest and looking confused on offense and lackadaisical on defense, the Clemson basketball team needed a spark. Donte Grantham provided that spark. Photo by Jeremy Brevard / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes, the younger among us are able to promote

Feb 6, 2016, 8:53 AM

the passion and fire needed to achieve success. We just have to be willing to listen, then act.

This was one of those times.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good for Grantham and the team for listening. And Hartins, I agree except

Feb 6, 2016, 10:46 AM

if those younger folks are tryong to inspire helmet changes ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Good for Grantham and the team for listening. And Hartins, I agree except

Feb 6, 2016, 11:26 AM

:)

Re: Sometimes, the younger among us are able to promote

Feb 6, 2016, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Sometimes, the younger among us are able to promote ]

I watched the game against Wake, and in the 1st half I was very disappointed with the way our Tigers were playing. Someone that has never watched them play could tell that they were lazy, sluggish, and no one had their mind into the game. It really was like the team felt that they didn't have to play to beat Wake, and they were waiting for Wake to lay down and give them the game. We have seen that same attitude in some of our losses this season. The careless turn overs was killing me and the team. I look at my wife and told her that I struggle everyday to do what I need to do to get through my days. And here I'm watching my team with 28, 19, and 20 year old young men that are "playing" like they are my age. With a loss to Wake facing them down at the half, when they came back out on the floor, it was amazing at how much their attitude had changed from the 1st half to the second. Those guys came back out swinging, they shocked the Wake team and everybody in the arena an the ones watching on TV, it was one of the better halves of basketball I've seen them play all season. They were lighting quick with crisp passing hitting baskets, and stopped making mindless costly mistakes. Personally, I was really happy with the fire they played with in the second half. Hopefully they really learned how easy the game is when they play hard together with their mind in the game the whole game. Go Tigerssss, beat VT!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: The Spark: Emotional speech lifts Tigers

Feb 6, 2016, 10:34 AM

Good for Donte.

Need that same intensity today.

Our b-ball team needs to collectively play and ...

Feb 6, 2016, 12:58 PM

Individually play at a high level. Overall, we have little room for error. Our only margin comes from playing great defense which takes great effort.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: The Spark: Emotional speech lifts Tigers

Feb 6, 2016, 2:19 PM

That's what leadership is all about...speaking up when needed. Great comeback. So proud of you guys. You have fought hard this year...keep on keepin on!!!!!!!! Go Tigers!!!!!!

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,424
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic