Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: The Painted (Orange) Desert
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,792

New Story: The Painted (Orange) Desert

Jan 11, 2016, 7:01 AM

The Painted (Orange) Desert

Welcome to the Painted Orange Desert. The real Painted Desert sits just under four hours from the Phoenix metropolitan area, but there’s no doubt that Clemson fans have outnumbered Alabama fans in the days leading up to today’s College Football Playoff National Championship. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not how many yards, it's how "physical" you are......***

Jan 11, 2016, 8:23 AM

Re: It's not how many yards, it's how "physical" you are......***

Jan 11, 2016, 8:41 AM

I get the feeling that most of these Alabama beat writers would strugge getting a job at MCDONALD'S

EYE TEST......it's the EYE TEST***

Jan 11, 2016, 10:14 AM [ in reply to It's not how many yards, it's how "physical" you are......*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More carries, more yards, and more YPG are all tempo related

Jan 11, 2016, 8:59 AM

stats. Who was more efficient running the football? Who averaged more YPC? I honestly don't know and haven't looked up the answer, but that's what matters more than the totals. 100 carries for 800 yards is much better than 200 carries for 1000 yards, etc.

Re: More carries, more yards, and more YPG are all tempo related

Jan 11, 2016, 9:41 AM

Looks like

Alabama = 588 attempts for 2,876 yards = 4.89 ypc
Clemson = 625 attempts for 3,249 yards = 5.20 ypc

source - foxsports.com team stats

I didn't see any column for how "physical" a team is while running....

But I am sure someone here can post a few gif's of the Wayne Train making a good case for the Tiger's "physicality quotient"....

Re: New Story: The Painted (Orange) Desert

Jan 11, 2016, 9:03 AM

If our Tigers move the ball and score either through the air or on the ground and not turn it over we with shut all of them up! Be another SEC/SC beat down. They will all simply fade away! Go Tigers! As Elvis would say with his acronym... TCB!

Jan 11, 2016, 9:06 AM

This is what tries my patience about Alabama fans (and fans of most SEC teams in general) the most. When you give them all the evidence to support why we are every bit as good as they, we aren't here by fluke or accident, and are actually better in some aspects, they still challenge our legitimacy with statements like like this.. "Yes but they weren't as physical when they did it." I know he can't prove that, so does he, we all know that. But it shows how they continue to lack respect for this team and this program. They continue to belittle our accomplishments as second rate triumphs because they don't match their phony standards. This is how I think we stay (and have stayed) motivated all year. The world wide leader said we shouldn't feel disrespected because we've been #1 all year.. we earned that, you didn't give us that (in fact you had nothing to do with that besides displaying it on TV), don't pretend that is your show of respect to us. We're #1 because we met every challenge along the way and overcame it.

Yet they need more proof.. well tonight is a coming out party 5 years in the making. And I guarantee we enjoy it more because it was earned over those years and not handed to us because of some prestige we pretend is valuable but has no bearing between the lines. Let me make myself clear, THIS IS NOT AN ACCIDENT. We have announced ourselves on this stage, win or lose, and I believe Dabo when he says we're not going away anytime soon.

"You have chosen the wrong one to tell they can't do something"

Bring it on!

Jan 11, 2016, 9:37 AM

I can sort of see why everyone thinks they are going to beat us. Alabama has won enough that people are starting to talk about Saban possibly being better than Bear Bryant. They have beaten us twelve straight over the last 120 years.

Past results do not necessarily equate with future returns.

Yes, ESPN has been trotting out a bunch of Alabama Homers but they have been a pipeline to the NFL for generations, which is a pipeline to ESPN.

Our Homers are all picking us too, it's just that our pipeline to the NFL had a little dry spell so our Homers either predate ESPN or are still in the NFL.

Respect isn't given, it's earned. I fully expect us to earn some (more) tonight but I wouldn't be at all surprised to beat them this year and still be the underdogs next year.

Sometimes respect is earned slowly...and we have some catching up to do.

That said, I'm proud of our team win, lose or draw.

...but I'm a Tiger, so I choose WIN!

12 straight = once in the last 30 years

Jan 11, 2016, 9:50 AM

Games 30 years ago are not relevant. If fact, that one game 7 years ago is not very relevant either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: The Painted (Orange) Desert-GREAT POST!

Jan 11, 2016, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: The Painted (Orange) Desert ]

Great Post!
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL - love the USuCk dig..

Jan 11, 2016, 9:12 AM

"If your team went 3-9 and season ended November 28th"

GO TIGERS!

You should have asked the bama fan how that physical running

Jan 11, 2016, 9:41 AM

game worked with Fournette. He's crazy, bama plays great against teams built like them. It's the spread teams that give them trouble.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2016, 11:04 AM

Of course its "painted orange"! We are the greatest fans ever! LET'S GO TIGERS!

Jan 11, 2016, 5:30 PM

Tigers...play every down as if its the last one. Believe in you guys and know you will focus, you will believe and you will execute and you will BE the team at the end of the game. Go Tigers put your hearts and your guts into this game. Bring it home Tigers. WHO WILL YOU BE????? BELIEVE & EXECUTE!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,792
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic