»
Topic: New Story: The Jumbo Package and Tale of the Tape: Elliott weighs in
Replies: 9   Last Post: Sep 6, 2016, 4:10 PM by: raginranger
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 9  

New Story: The Jumbo Package and Tale of the Tape: Elliott weighs in

Posted: Sep 5, 2016, 7:09 PM

The Jumbo Package and Tale of the Tape: Elliott weighs in

While Clemson’s offense didn’t play up to its standard Saturday night in Auburn, the tale of the tape wasn’t all bad. What does Tony Elliott say about the game? Whose idea was it to use Christian Wilkins and Dexter Lawrence on offense? Full Story »

Re: New Story: The Jumbo Package and Tale of the Tape: Elliott weighs in

[1]
Posted: Sep 5, 2016, 7:18 PM

Would have been an interesting call to use the Jumbo on the last 4th down play. Not questioning Dabo, just thinking it would have been interesting to see what would have happened.

[2]
Posted: Sep 5, 2016, 8:48 PM

Completely agree. I was thinking the same thing. Any 4th &1 or 4th &2, put them in there and see if they can stop it. ~700 lbs leading the way for Wayne train is not something I'd get in front of.

[1]
Posted: Sep 5, 2016, 9:05 PM

If you watch the film, it wasn't anything Auburn's defense wanted to get in front of either.

Fully expect there will be a pass play

Posted: Sep 5, 2016, 9:13 PM

to one of the big'uns off that formation. And probably a dive to one of them like the fridge dive.

Depending how the D choses to play it, a QB bootleg

Posted: Sep 5, 2016, 9:21 PM

back to the other side could work too.

2020 white level member

Posted: Sep 6, 2016, 12:10 AM

I'm sorry to say this Tony, but if you were trying to figure out how to have success in our running game by running DW4 and Gallman right up the middle of the strength of Aubarns defense, you are going to fail every time. You will even fail if you try that sh!t against Troy's or SC State defense. It certainly won't work against any decent team with a pulse!!! I really believe you will have to change that way of thinking or figuring it out as you call it!!!

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

I'm sick of being so stubborn with the run game as well.

Posted: Sep 6, 2016, 7:53 AM

Sometimes you need to throw it around to open up the run game. The Chad used to do that crap too. Air it out a little. Why don't we ever run play action or the jet sweeps anymore? No quick outside screens either. I'm still shocked and confused about what I saw from our offense Saturday night.

[1]
Posted: Sep 6, 2016, 4:10 PM

They have 1 bad game of playcalling and some of you are ready to abandon ship? Geez, you do realize Scott & Elliott are a HUGE reason we made it to the natty last year, right?

Re: Would have been nice to see our playmakers more involved

Posted: Sep 6, 2016, 8:36 AM

in the offense.....Scott, McCloud, Cain, Leggett, etc.

2020 white level member

May 6, 2020: "I know I went to Clemson and got a degree, prob more than you ever did. And I bet my IQ is higher than yours too !" sociologycoot843

Replies: 9  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: SEASON TICKETS FOR 2021 Lower Deck Section T, row 18, seats 5 & 7, plus a parking pass. $1900

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
2515 people have read this post