Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Tanner Muse talks playing safety for Clemson, possible baseball career
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

New Story: Tanner Muse talks playing safety for Clemson, possible baseball career

Dec 22, 2014, 2:01 PM

Tanner Muse talks playing safety for Clemson, possible baseball career

Most high school football players only have to make one decision – where they will play college football – but Clemson commit Tanner Muse is now mulling a second life-altering decision. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's almost 15 ypc avg. and got 1 td...

Dec 22, 2014, 2:11 PM

Doesn't seem right

He also didn't play offense for the first three games.***

Dec 22, 2014, 2:16 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: He also didn't play offense for the first three games.

Dec 22, 2014, 2:17 PM

And you're right, that can't be correct. I saw him score more than one.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

The "Muuse is Loose"!!!

Dec 22, 2014, 2:48 PM

Tanner would be a great safety, I hope he stays & plays.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Tanner Muse talks playing safety for Clemson, possible baseball career

Dec 22, 2014, 2:59 PM

Really hope we get this guy. I think he is criminally underrated. Plays violently with a mean streak

Why not come in and play football and baseball

Dec 22, 2014, 3:06 PM

at Clemson?

Re: New Story: Tanner Muse talks playing safety for Clemson, possible baseball career

Dec 22, 2014, 3:17 PM

Seems like if he came to Clemson, even just to concentrate on playing baseball alone, he would get a higher draft pick which amounts to more $$$

Yep, playing baseball at Clemson is greater than at his high school, for sure.

Dec 22, 2014, 3:58 PM

Not sure where his heart and mind is but if he is trying to better his baseball stock an EE and at the collegiate level speaks more volume than another year in high school.

Plus, he would get a jump on football as well.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2014, 5:19 PM

I was afraid this would happen but I wish the best for this young man.
Only thing I can figure is he's concerned about injury or lose some stock in the draft. May want the bird in the hand if he goes 5th round or so.
I follow baseball very closely but don't know 5, 6th round draft figures.

almost identical to Jeff Francouer years back

Dec 22, 2014, 5:30 PM

Was going to be a Tiger safety and chose baseball.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: almost identical to Jeff Francouer years back

Dec 22, 2014, 6:25 PM

Yep, but it was pretty much a no brainer for Francouer.

Dec 22, 2014, 6:01 PM

If he cares no more about his education than that then he needs to forget Clemson and they him. MLB is the worst thing that has ever happened to young male athletes.

Since Jack Leggett almost never retains a signee picked

Dec 22, 2014, 6:29 PM

in the top 10 rounds, I would say this decision is already made. If football was the priority, he would have came in early. I hope we have been recruiting at safety not counting on TM.

Tanner: the chance to get a degree

Dec 22, 2014, 6:19 PM

At one of the better universities in the country and a opportunity to play college football is worth more then any amount of money the MLB would pay. You could have the very same opportunity if the NFL doesn't work out. I will support whatever decision you make but I believe coming to Clemson and earning your degree will be something you never regret

Re: Tanner: the chance to get a degree

Dec 22, 2014, 6:29 PM

Ba se ball is an international sport while football is almost entirely american. Too much competition in baseball. Should play 2 sports at Clemson to get better idea of where he stsnds. So hard to get out of minors.

Don't blame him but should we try for somebody else

Dec 22, 2014, 6:55 PM

Instead of leaving an opening if he's not sure?

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Absolutely!!!!!!!***

Dec 22, 2014, 7:14 PM

Re: Absolutely!!!!!!!***

Dec 22, 2014, 8:35 PM

Agreed! I support the young man, it's his decision to make. But I'm starting to loose faith in Dabo's All-In mantra. Standing by this kid puts you in a position to be short a safety come spring. Drop him and move on, Dabo.

Re: Absolutely!!!!!!!***

Dec 23, 2014, 12:27 AM

Agreed. At this point I would consider this a de-commitment and start looking at other options. He is not all in whether it is another sport or another school. The obligation is to the team and to the school not TM. Hey son we respect your decision, but coaches have to do what is best for Clemson. Pull the offer IMO.

Dec 22, 2014, 7:45 PM

Sounds like his mind may already be made up, or leaning heavy toward baseball. Should come to Clemson and play both. Better off playing football because it is next to impossible to get out of Minor Leagues unless you have superstar numbers. Don't know much about his baseball stats, but has very good football numbers and would be an asset to Clemson Football.

Hope we have a backup plan here, sounds like a Jeff Francour

Dec 23, 2014, 7:10 AM

situation all over again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sounds to me like his baseball coach is in his ear

Dec 23, 2014, 8:09 AM

The coach is probably telling him that he should stay & finish his senior season on the baseball team, a lot of coaches are more worried about winning then the future of these young players. Hope he makes up his mind soon, hate to see him waste the best offer of his young life. Go Tigers!!

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic