Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Swinney using the media to fuel Clemson's 2017 run
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,353

New Story: Swinney using the media to fuel Clemson's 2017 run

Jul 14, 2017, 7:01 AM

Swinney using the media to fuel Clemson's 2017 run

The media has made Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney’s job of motivating his team a lot easier. Why? Because they like to dwell on the players that Clemson lost rather than the ones who will attempt to make a third consecutive appearance in the College Football Playoff. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Swinney using the media to fuel Clemson's 2017 run

Jul 14, 2017, 7:39 AM

I would bet that if Alabama was allowed to attend the ACC Media Days meeting, that they would have asked if Hunter Renfrow was ever going to leave.

Jul 14, 2017, 7:44 AM

Sounds like a Masterful Coach who uses every criticism, oversight, perceived slight, or lack of praise the right place as a means to motivate his team.
Did not Michael Jordan use the same mental approach to up his game against even the lowest opponents - to will himself to be at his "A" game each and every time he took the court?

We are fortunate to have one of the best coaches and motivators coaching our favorite college team. We should be honored and enjoy the ride for as long as it continues. How long will partially depend upon how much we appropriately support our team and our coach.

Jul 14, 2017, 12:52 PM

Agree with you. Dabo is adept at getting his team's mind right each and every game. This year the challenge is to hit the ground running strong at the start. We have had trouble with this in the past, but we can do it this year. Go Tigers.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2017, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney using the media to fuel Clemson's 2017 run ]

Remember when Dabo was criticized for not being very good with xs and os? Well, he sure is great with the ABCs of motivation. He knows exactly how to use evrything little thing and turn it into a positive. You would think the dunderheads at ESECPN would get it by now.

Love the part about 27 juniors who have played 30 games

Jul 14, 2017, 7:46 AM

Including 2 nc games. Makes me smile!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:the media like ESPN is loaded with a bunch of "fuels"

Jul 14, 2017, 9:11 AM

Plus if the SEC just means much more why do the coots do so much less

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hate FSU as much as any team but big ACC wins like that help

Jul 14, 2017, 10:35 AM

our SOS, conference rep. That being said I'm fine with FSU getting blown out by UL.

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,353
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic