Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Swinney says new home will be "head coaches’ house at Clemson for 50 years"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 251

New Story: Swinney says new home will be "head coaches’ house at Clemson for 50 years"

Nov 2, 2017, 7:01 AM

Swinney says new home will be "head coaches’ house at Clemson for 50 years"

There are times when you need a little elbow room, especially if you’re the head coach of the Clemson Tigers. Head coach Dabo Swinney and his family moved into their new home last month, and it has already come in handy. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So CDS plans on selling it to the next Clemson head coach

Nov 2, 2017, 7:09 AM

when he goes to Bama in a few years? ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's a smart man

Nov 2, 2017, 7:39 AM

Nobody in Clemson can afford that house except for the head coach and maybe a couple of other people. I figure he'll figure out a way to sell it back to Clemson for the next head coach. Maybe one of his kids will be ready to take over as head coach 20 years from now and he can just let them have it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson built this sort of house for Danny Ford and for ...

Nov 2, 2017, 8:25 AM

... and for future Clemson head football coaches.

But, Danny wanted no part of living in it and though they used the house for entertaining, Danny settled into life out in the country on his farm.

Ken Hatfield didn't want to live in it either.

Later, both Tommy West and Tommy Bowden built their own homes in other areas of town.

So, the huge (for the time) house became a bit of a "white elephant" for the university.

Someone eventually bought it and some one lives in it today, but it's not the head football coach.

Time will tell if Dabo's vision becomes a reality.

Re: Clemson built this sort of house for Danny Ford and for ...

Nov 2, 2017, 9:34 AM

Where is this house you speak of?

It's on one of the side streets off Cherry Road

Nov 2, 2017, 10:22 AM

(W Lewis maybe) not far from Perimeter Road
behind the University. I thought Danny had
lived in it for awhile. I didn't know he had
never lived in it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIger Paw Pool***

Nov 2, 2017, 10:30 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes .. West Lewis Road

Nov 2, 2017, 6:49 PM [ in reply to It's on one of the side streets off Cherry Road ]

Danny may have lived in it for a while, but he never "settled" in it and his real home was always the farm.

Still is.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson built this sort of house for Danny Ford and for ...

Nov 2, 2017, 9:00 PM [ in reply to Clemson built this sort of house for Danny Ford and for ... ]

It surely sounds like Dabo and Wife built a house and not a home. A home is a place you plan on growing some thick roots that will last as long as you're alive.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good news

Nov 2, 2017, 7:43 AM

Forget all that Alabama talk. Dabo is planning on being our coach until he is nearly 100 years old.;)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good news

Nov 2, 2017, 8:27 AM

I don't think he'll be coaching at 100 years of age, but I doubt he leaves us for AL. He has built our program into legendary status, and he is a Deity at Clemson. At AL, he'd be just another great coach (although they have had a few duds, too). I seriously doubt Dabo would leave Clemson, even if AL were to call. He loves Clemson, and he doesn't need any more prestige, nor does he need more money. Time will tell, though. I just hope we don't quit on him if times get a little tougher and success is a little less enormous.

Nov 2, 2017, 8:32 AM

I agree. I was being facetious:)

Nov 2, 2017, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Good news ]

I agree. There's a much greater chance of flopping at Alabama, especially after the enormous success Nicky has had. Always very tough to follow someone who's been that successful. Better for Dabo to stay put and create his own legacy with the Tigers. Oh, BTW, GooooooooTigers!!!!!!!

Nov 8, 2017, 8:01 PM

I'd say that Dabo already has created his own dynasty at Clemson. Saban inherited a dynasty, and it is true that he has enhanced it. That said, Dabo didn't, but he has created one, and it's his. I seriously doubt he leaves it in the hands of someone else.

Nov 2, 2017, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Good news ]

Maybe he’s planning to coach until Will is old enough to take over?? I’d be ok with Dabo coaching that long.

Not sure I agree with all the talk about arrogance and lack of focus. Some reporter asked him questions about his house. He didn’t bring it up. Maybe the reporters should stick to questions about the upcoming game.

Nov 2, 2017, 10:22 AM

Nah, He will coach until Ben Boulware get some time and experience and gets BV's blessing for the job. ;)

I doubt he’s going anywhere.

Nov 2, 2017, 8:09 AM

Until he retires

Re: New Story: Swinney says new home will be "head coaches’ house at Clemson for 50 years"

Nov 2, 2017, 8:28 AM

pretty arrogant to assume other people will enjoy living in something you designed for yourself.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Swinney says new home will be "head coaches’ house at Clemson for 50 years"

Nov 2, 2017, 8:34 AM

Yeah some of what Dabo has said lately has me scratching my head. I think things are going to his head a bit. Maybe he should concentrate more on beating nc state.

Nov 2, 2017, 8:42 AM

seriously??.. he's a great man.. a great coach.. a great recruiter.. more than a coach to those players.. he shares his bonuses w/ his staff.. he's the best at motivating.. he's a winner.. he's brought us a national championship..

please.. tell me.. WHAT are you questioning?

btw, i don't think he's thinking.. "i'm gonna design a house the way i want it, so obviously anyone else would want it the same way cause my ways are always the best"..

i'd say it's more on the lines of "i'm gonna design a house that i like and that i think others would like, too.. and, if they don't.. so be it"

unless you were being facetious, too.

Nov 2, 2017, 8:53 AM

a little humility would be a start, he seems to be letting this success go to his head. Can't say I would react any differently in his situation, but forming a media circus around the construction of your castle when you are one of the wealthiest people in the region, is well... tacky. He should know better because it is not the man we hired 9 years ago.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Swinney says new home will be

Nov 2, 2017, 9:42 AM

If i recall correctly I think the moving company took the pics, which i'm sure he wouldn't said "no" to if he had a choice. He didn't create a media circus.

Even the pic on front page is still of the house from that original story -

There is nothing wrong with saying he hopes others can/will enjoy for years if it's designed properly and functionally - which sounds like it is!

I'm sure basement has billiards and wet bar, who wouldn't want to live there!?

Some of the comments on this board are so ridiculous! "not the man we hired 9 years ago" - What??!!

You are right, he's better!!!

Go Dabo and Tigers!!

Re: New Story: Swinney says new home will be

Nov 2, 2017, 12:55 PM

He has expressly stated that this house is great for inviting family and close friends, it's great for recruiting and it just may be a great perk for a future Clemson coach. I see nothing at all wrong with this. I don't hear many other coaches who are thinking this long term. Oh, and BTW, Dabo, Kathleen and the boys will enjoy living here. All great reasons for such a house. And how about because it's right there in Clemson? Dabo can walk to the football facilities. Location, location, location. GooooooTigers!!!!!!

Nov 2, 2017, 10:14 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney says new home will be "head coaches’ house at Clemson for 50 years" ]

wow.. you're so far off, i don't even know where to start..

humility???.. media circus???.. not the man we hired 9 years ago??..

he's as humble as they come.. he didn't ask for those pics to be posted, i'm sure.. and, he's EXACTLY the same person we hired 9 yrs ago.. dabo is a real and as down to earth as they come.. go watch a saban interview and then watch a dabo interview.. one is so self absorbed it's nauseating.. and the other.. is dabo.

Nov 2, 2017, 11:25 AM

Just watch the video of Dabo being pranked at the team meeting Halloween Day. The guy is the best!!!!

Nov 2, 2017, 8:36 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney says new home will be "head coaches’ house at Clemson for 50 years" ]

yeah.. what a D-bag.

Nov 2, 2017, 8:36 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney says new home will be "head coaches’ house at Clemson for 50 years" ]

We all know you want to live in his basement.;)

Nov 2, 2017, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney says new home will be "head coaches’ house at Clemson for 50 years" ]

Not at all, imo. I agree the number who could afford is limited, but I spent a career moving around the country buying a house someone else designed. But, sufficient unto the day..... For now, his family must be quite comfortable. ??

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2017, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney says new home will be "head coaches’ house at Clemson for 50 years" ]

Dabo is neither pretty nor arrogant....

Anyjuan bothered that Dabo put an old man on an air mattress

Nov 2, 2017, 9:00 AM

in a weight room ?

Common decency would say put him up at the YMCA.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just

Nov 2, 2017, 7:43 PM

the old man

Re: Swinney says new home will be "head coaches’ house

Nov 2, 2017, 9:21 AM

Wonder if there is a swimming pool shaped like a Tiger Paw in the back yard.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Swinney says new home will be "head coaches’ house

Nov 2, 2017, 12:59 PM

I like the way you think. :)

Class act....not that we didn’t know already***

Nov 2, 2017, 10:12 AM

What're the chances they'd let me stay w/ them like the Fonz

Nov 2, 2017, 10:35 AM

I could come in every morning and say "Heeeeey, Mrs. S, how 'bout some coffee and eggs?"

Nov 2, 2017, 11:57 AM

Hope that means he will be here for the next 50 years.

Nov 2, 2017, 1:05 PM

Congratulations and well-deserved. They say good things happen to good people, and I believe it. Many happy and healthy years to you and your family in your new home! God bless!

Nov 2, 2017, 3:09 PM

I don't know if he has a pool but Rock Creek is just behind his house and deer roam up and down the creek and in the yards of those living near the creek. My former home is about 200 yards from his new digs but his driveway probably cost more than my old house when built in 1962.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So when Dabo retires, he planning on moving?

Nov 2, 2017, 6:20 PM

He envisions himself not coaching at Clemson and not living in that house. So, why would he ever move? And to where?

Tuscolussa***

Nov 2, 2017, 7:44 PM

mountain our of a mole hill - my issue, the moving company

Nov 2, 2017, 8:42 PM

isn't licensed to work a move in that area according to their paperwork that I'm understanding. They posted the picture. I'm not sure that I'll have time or really care to pursue the situation but I certainly could. Lighten up Francis's.

Replies: 40
| visibility 251
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic