Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Swinney says Tigers are an "average football team right now"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

New Story: Swinney says Tigers are an "average football team right now"

Apr 5, 2018, 7:01 AM

Swinney says Tigers are an "average football team right now"

A visiting college coach walked off the field in Memorial Stadium Wednesday afternoon, smiled and said Clemson looks like a team that contends for a spot in the College Football Playoff every season. Head coach Dabo Swinney disagrees, telling the media following a short scrimmage that his team is average at best. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So we're "average"

Apr 5, 2018, 7:10 AM

and the dirt peckers are "contenders."

Nothing like a little humorous entertainment in the off season.

You may be average. I'M eggcelent.

Apr 5, 2018, 8:55 AM

Omelet was awesome

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: You may be average. I'M eggcelent.

Apr 5, 2018, 9:39 AM

Eggs are chicken business ... and they're high in cootlestorol .

Moderation is key .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

They will be contenders for second place in the lower part of the state.

Apr 5, 2018, 8:59 AM [ in reply to So we're "average" ]

That’s about it. Losers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So we're "average"

Apr 5, 2018, 9:15 AM [ in reply to So we're "average" ]

Their delusion is humorous, but it really is sad for them. They will be, yet again, a very average to below average team who may beat a few very average to sub-average teams on their schedule, but when a team with a pulse shows up the music will be faced. Were it not so comical, it would be sad. I guess the southern phrase describing them is, "They can't help it, bless their hearts".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2018, 9:55 AM [ in reply to So we're "average" ]

That shows that our coach knows what his team should look like with the amount of talent he has at every position, and add the coach speak plus it's been a while since the end of season, I believe Dabo see's a pretty good average team right now compared to what he knows it's going to be at the end of Fall camp.

As for the coots, any progress will appear as contenders to their people, nuff said!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2018, 9:59 AM

EVERYONE THAT HAS BEEN TO PRACTICE RAVES ABOUT OUR WHOLE TEAM AND THE TALENT WE HAVE. IF THEY WERE PRACTICING AT END OF THE SEASON FORM RIGHT NOW I WOULD EXPECT OUR COACH TO DOWNGRADE EVERYTHING. DO YOU WANT PLAYERS HEARING HOW GOOD THEY ARE IN APRIL.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

shhhhhhhh....I have a headache***

Apr 5, 2018, 8:09 PM

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: New Story: Swinney says Tigers are an "average football team right now"

Apr 5, 2018, 8:27 AM

CDS wouldn't say we're "good" or "great" right now even if he thought we could beat the Patriots. i'm sure he knows this team is better than average, but you can't put that mentality in a bunch of 18-22 yr old's heads. he's not only one of the best coaches... he's THE best motivator.

Apr 5, 2018, 8:37 AM

I agree. Teams that will end up average in the fall are way behind the Tigers right now too. Love Dabo’s approach to this “process”. We don’t have to be great now. We probably don’t even have to be great in September ( have you seen the schedule?). We definitely need to be great in December and hopefully January. GO TIGERS!!!!!

Apr 5, 2018, 9:41 AM

Winning in hot September weather at Kyle Field against 95k fans and Jimbo Fisher will not be an easy task .

Beyond that game though we look to cruise if we play at a very high level each game .

DB23

Apr 5, 2018, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney says Tigers are an "average football team right now" ]

This is so true.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

700+ coaches?

Apr 5, 2018, 8:46 AM

Wow, just wow.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

He meant to say "we're an average NFL team right now"***

Apr 5, 2018, 8:46 AM

Re: He meant to say "we're an average NFL team right now"***

Apr 5, 2018, 8:51 AM

It's all just motivation to get the team to work harder. This isn't his first rodeo and he knows what coaches like Bear Bryant always said in spring before they won national titles.

That sounds like the Alabama Fan base

Apr 5, 2018, 10:05 AM

Let's not be like them...

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Apr 5, 2018, 8:58 AM

I know this is prolly just coach speak.
But if this star studded team is AVG I don’t care how
Early it is.
There are some big problems somewhere.

Apr 5, 2018, 9:19 AM

It is just coach speak. You can bet on that. We, no longer, have "average guys of this Tiger Team. Those days are over.

Apr 5, 2018, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney says Tigers are an "average football team right now" ]

Average tiger team over the last few years is pretty good. Average the last 3 years ... Win the ACC , make the playoffs. ??

I just hope the coots don't beat us too bad;y.

Apr 5, 2018, 9:23 AM

Finebaum says the coots are going to be really good. Dabo says we are average. I am worried.

Re: I just hope the coots don't beat us too bad;y.

Apr 5, 2018, 9:36 AM

He meant the Coots would be a really good team ..... to have on your schedule .

DB23

Re: I just hope the coots don't beat us too bad;y.

Apr 5, 2018, 10:06 AM [ in reply to I just hope the coots don't beat us too bad;y. ]

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2018, 9:34 AM

I like hearing that Josh Belk is impressing in early drills . Freshman or not , looking at him just from a physical standpoint he strikes me as a throwback kind of football player. Big ol' country boy from Sowf Cack .
He looks like he'd be a good guy to be friends with , instead of enemies.

DB23

Apr 5, 2018, 9:57 AM

Don't know if I've ever heard of a coach saying their team looked great. I bet if the patriots swapped uniforms with the tigers the coaches would say they had a pretty good day. At best.

Apr 5, 2018, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney says Tigers are an "average football team right now" ]

We had the pleasure of meeting Josh tailgating before the ACCCG in Charlotte last year. Aside from the obvious physical attributes he was a very polite, engaging and respectful young man. He was also very excited about getting to Clemson in January and becoming a part of the great things happening with this team. Spending just a few minutes with him made me a BIG FAN!!! Can’t wait to see him on the field!! GO TIGERS!!!

Apr 5, 2018, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney says Tigers are an "average football team right now" ]

We had the pleasure of meeting Josh tailgating before the ACCCG in Charlotte last year. Aside from the obvious physical attributes he was a very polite, engaging and respectful young man. He was also very excited about getting to Clemson in January and becoming a part of the great things happening with this team. Spending just a few minutes with him made me a BIG FAN!!! Can’t wait to see him on the field!! GO TIGERS!!!

Love articles like this! I love Coach Swinney!***

Apr 5, 2018, 2:09 PM

LOL. Tigers, Bama have best teams in country

Apr 5, 2018, 6:15 PM

Unsure coach-talking the team down works as well in the 2018 media age.

Coach speak

Apr 5, 2018, 10:54 PM

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic