Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Swinney laments mistakes that cost Tigers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

New Story: Swinney laments mistakes that cost Tigers

Jan 12, 2016, 10:38 AM

Swinney laments mistakes that cost Tigers

Football is a 60 minute game, but it’s just a few plays here and there determine the fate of a team. Clemson has had the breaks go their way this season – a fumble out of bounds against Oklahoma, stopping Notre Dame on the goal line at the end of regulation, stopping Dalvin Cook late in the fourth quarter against Florida State – but the little things didn’t go the Tigers’ way Monday night in the College Football Playoff National Championship. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Swinney laments mistakes that cost Tigers

Jan 12, 2016, 11:29 AM

Who the hell is "Ted Miller - ESPN"? What a stupid question!! Mac Lain has the perfect response to such an asinine question. Deshaun answered it as we knew he would, with class!

Jan 12, 2016, 11:36 AM

Never been prouder to be a Tiger. Been a year of pure class and that respect we all wanted was just earned - too bad it came in the form of a loss, but have no doubt we will win some of these. May need to clone #4, but we will win some of these.

the stage was not too big for either team but the PAC 12

Jan 12, 2016, 11:45 AM

officials seemed to be in over their head!!

Re: the stage was not too big for either team but the PAC 12

Jan 12, 2016, 12:13 PM

The clock issue at the end of the hall was unforgettable. You can't teach stupidity.

Jan 12, 2016, 12:21 PM

This has been one of the best, if not the best, teams in Clemson history. I am sad that we didn't win it all, but the little things hurt. Special teams has got to be fixed, and the 3 blown coverages hurt us. All in all, this has been a great season and I am glad to have been able to witness it. Spring Ball is weeks away, and we can bet the farm that the Coaching Staff will be hard at work to fix what needs to be fixed. Our 2016 Class is a great start with alot of them already on Campus, and more coming in after graduation. I am PROUD TO BE A CLEMSON TIGER and already looking forward to seeing them pick up where they left off! GO TIGERS!!!

Jan 12, 2016, 1:04 PM

Agreed! Class of'76 here. This team and the '81 unit are both fantastic. Nothing to be ashamed of. The Tigers lost to a great Tide team. With most of our guys coming back and more great recruits coming in, I think the 2016 edition will be even better. I think Clemson has a great shot at a national title in 12 months. Fix up the specialty teams and everything should work out nicely. Wonder if Alexander is bolting? Too bad he got hurt. My guess is there are not so many gaping holes in the secondary in the fourth quarter if he's in there. But the specialty teams have to be special. Wake up on the onside kicks and recruit someone who can boom the ball through the end zone and kick a field goal more than 44 yards. Line play was great. Watson was better than great. MVP of the game, IMO. Skill players did a nice job too.

Jan 12, 2016, 2:38 PM

why would you classify 2 great defensive plays as "breaks" ? The 2 point NDC stop and the 4th down FSU stop were anything but breaks. Great effort...great plays....

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Jan 12, 2016, 2:45 PM

I recall the play at the USC game. The big difference there was that USC called for a fair catch and we went up and caught the ball. The refs ruled that given the fair catch signal, USC had to be given the opportunity to field it. So, the refs either screwed up at the USC game or the Alabama game. I guess Dabo forgot the ruling at USC.....at least the aledged basis of it.

Jan 12, 2016, 4:34 PM

Proud of my Tigers. Great year Coaches and players.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Offensive and Defensive line..A++++

Jan 12, 2016, 4:37 PM

Way to go guys!! Y'all were incredible!!

Agree totally. This team exceeded our expectations after

Jan 12, 2016, 5:06 PM

losing so many to the NFL. Hey, the 2016 edition could be even better!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2016, 8:00 PM

The onside kick was not legal. Clemson did the same thing against USC in 2014 and the ball was taken away from Clemson, the kicking team. Was kicked in the air, not off the ground. Correct me if I am wrong. So proud of the Tigers this year

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2016, 6:48 AM

I believe the call against USUC was for interfering with the opportunity to catch the ball.

If the ball hits the ground first, there is no way there is interference with the catch. This is why most kicks go for the bounce.

On the play against bama there were no Tigers there to be interfered with. Same on punts. The kicking team can catch the ball before it hits the ground if no one on the receiving team is interfered with. If the punting team tries to catch the ball before the receiving team has the opportunity to catch it, and is in place to catch it, this is interference.

Against the lamecocks the ball didn't hit the ground first and they had players in place to be able to catch the kick, thus interference. We had no one near the ball on the onsides kick.

Sadly, I think this is the correct explanation

Jan 13, 2016, 10:27 AM

If only someone had had the presence of mind to call for a fair catch.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great job Dabo ... now hire a Special Teams coach

Jan 12, 2016, 8:27 PM

Everyone associated with Clemson understands in retrospect special teams ranked 126 out of 129 will eventually cost you a game. Those who said so weekly during our regular season wins were branded as grinches.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great job Dabo ... now hire a Special Teams coach

Jan 13, 2016, 8:29 AM

What a team; what heart; and what guts. I am proud of our guys. But, we DO need a new special teams coach. It isn't our players in that unit; it is teaching / coaching them to have an answer for whatever an opponent does. Special teams have cost us a lot of points this year. We can fix that; we have to.

Jan 13, 2016, 12:00 PM

I agree! Special team's cover teams has been our greatest weakness going back to the Bowden years. It's time for Dabo to man up and bring in a coach just for this problem like he did for our D fence with Coach V. It is my belief that with better special teams play we would have won the game.

With that being said I would like to thank the entire Clemson team for any amazing year. Best of luck to one and all. Much love and respect.

Tiger to the end day. Win, lose, or draw. Bleeding Orange forever.

Jan 13, 2016, 12:33 PM

agree 100%---special teams have been a problem since Tommy's days---does anyone need to get fired,i don't think so but,Dabo has got to take the bull by the horns and get this corrected!!

Jan 12, 2016, 10:34 PM

You can bet I'll be one of the first to buy my package to the 2016 championship game in Tampa. My heart hurts for our seniors but they need to remember they can come back to Clemson any time and help encourage and offer the next team advice and encouragement. No one has done that better than TJ Spiller. Would like to see all of the guys leaving this year show up next year as mentors

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic