Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Swinney fires back at "Clemsoning" question in postgame press conference
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

New Story: Swinney fires back at "Clemsoning" question in postgame press conference

Oct 10, 2015, 8:53 PM

Swinney fires back at "Clemsoning" question in postgame press conference

Clemson’s win over Georgia Tech Saturday afternoon was its 33rd consecutive victory over an unranked opponent, but the Tigers still can’t shed the “Clemsoning” label with the national media. As of Saturday evening, head coach Dabo Swinney has had enough. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was waiting for Dabo to kick over the podium and walk off

Oct 10, 2015, 8:55 PM

DABO OUT!!!

Re: I was waiting for Dabo to kick over the podium and walk off

Oct 10, 2015, 9:41 PM

Dabo getting some Trump in him.Way to go Dabo, don't take crap
off of those sec loving a$$holes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's not a nice thing to say about your HC***

Oct 10, 2015, 10:52 PM

Re: New Story: Swinney fires back at "Clemsoning" question in postgame press conference

Oct 10, 2015, 8:59 PM

David.Hale@espn.com

Light him up Tigers!!!!!! Our boys deserve more respect than what ESPiN gives us.

David got "Dabo'd".

Go Tigers......Go Dabo!

Look at his explanation...he claims his intent was to give

Oct 10, 2015, 9:28 PM

Dabo a platform to put the term to bed, he just sucked at wording his question and Dabo got offended. Hey, at least his intent came to fruition--I would say Dabo put the issue to bed and then some. Hopefully his rant gets picked up by the media. I really don't think Clemson fans should be giving this guy #### though. He seems sincere about not wanting to offend and we got an epic rant from Dabo out of this whole situation. Give this guy a break I say.

I actually think giving this guy a hard time...

Oct 10, 2015, 9:48 PM

only helps him--often think a lot of these guys get a kick out of fan response.

That said--I don't think he deserves any mercy...He asked a DUMB question and got called out on it, rightly so. He shouldn't have asked the question--wrong time, wrong place. He can put it to bed w/ the rest of these hacks that pass as sports writers these days by not using the term anymore...or better yet finding a better candidate (Looking at you Georgia...or USC...or Oklahoma)...

Re: I actually think giving this guy a hard time...

Oct 10, 2015, 10:40 PM

Exactly. Clicks and readership keep these guys employed. ESPN will love Dabo's response. Our 24/7 news culture lives and dies on sensationalism and controversy. These things put food on the table and we'll watch it all week, much to the benefit of ESPN's coffers.

Re: I actually think giving this guy a hard time...

Oct 11, 2015, 10:38 AM [ in reply to I actually think giving this guy a hard time... ]

May I add Texas, Michigan, Florida and Tennessee over the last few years.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed ---

Oct 11, 2015, 8:45 AM [ in reply to Look at his explanation...he claims his intent was to give ]

The worst you can say about what Hale did is that he allowed himself to buy into the nat'l media's narrative that the issue was all that pertinent. But I see no malice there. Give the guy a break.

Re: Agreed ---

Oct 11, 2015, 10:42 AM

We should give them a break when they do their homework and ask pertinent questions during a press conference.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, no mercy; time to let that term go

Oct 11, 2015, 11:41 AM

it hurts us in recruiting and anyone who uses it should be publicly flogged.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Look at his explanation...he claims his intent was to give

Oct 11, 2015, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Look at his explanation...he claims his intent was to give ]

Do you mean "give him a break" like ESPN gives to Clemson most of the time? Dabo is entirely correct when he told the ESPN guy to do your homework on Clemson and not hang onto the same old tired rhetoric of the past.

Dabo Spits Fire

Oct 10, 2015, 8:59 PM

watch out Yeezy....

Dabo! Dabo! Dabo!

Oct 10, 2015, 9:02 PM

Hey ESPN, put that on Gameday! And find you some SEC teams to discuss. Better yet, ESPN, just shut up!

Go Tigers! Great win today.

C-L-E-M-S-O-N-I-N-G=New Definition/Update ESPN/HYPD Network

Oct 10, 2015, 9:27 PM

The new, updated Urban definition of "Clemsoning" for all ESPN employees is as follows:

Meeting the Clemson Football team in a game determined on the field and they kick your ###.

Appears that those jackleg reporters (using the term "reporters" loosely) who are employed by that network based in Connecticut closely resemble the team that previously resided in our conference but decided to leave for a "football conference" (as their soon-to-be fired Head Coach pronounced) are cut from the exact same mold. They can't win up there either and the coach is being replaced. Oh, and he's previously from the State of Connecticut as well. Just Can't imagine!

Those D@mn Yankees never change! They're just like flies; all they do is eat #### and bother people!!!

Message was edited by: kelley21®

Re: New Story: Swinney fires back at "Clemsoning" question in postgame press conference

Oct 10, 2015, 9:10 PM

Go ahead Dabo tell him you're not taking his trash

Oct 11, 2015, 1:01 AM

Or his lame ### excuse about saying one thing and meaning another. Dabo heard what he said very well, so hale should just stop trying to explain what he meant. Loud and clear as was his intentions of not getting beat over his head with the Dabo stick. Take it like a man and move on, and on, and on, and on until Clemson don't ever have to hear your voice or read your tweets!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why even dignify the question with a resonse???

Oct 10, 2015, 9:10 PM

Just say next question and move on.

nah..

Oct 10, 2015, 9:18 PM

it was past time for that question to be answered.

Re: Why even dignify the question with a resonse???

Oct 10, 2015, 9:20 PM [ in reply to Why even dignify the question with a resonse??? ]

But it was such a GOOD response though... Gotta love it.

Agree

Oct 11, 2015, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Why even dignify the question with a resonse??? ]

The longer Dabo went on, the more credence he gave to the
Question.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Anyone asking this question is as stupid as Lee Corso.

Oct 10, 2015, 9:14 PM

Boil all the many meanings down and it covers LOSING ANY GAME. EVER.

Re: Anyone asking this question is as stupid as Lee Corso.

Oct 10, 2015, 9:17 PM

AMEN. Corso has officially lost it. I know he had a stroke a few years back and that's too bad but he gotta go!

Give 'em Hell Dabo!

Oct 10, 2015, 9:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

Oct 10, 2015, 9:17 PM

Betcha Hale doesn't post that one on ES(EC)PN!

LIKE:from AJC: If anybody is bound for playoff, it is Tigers***

Oct 10, 2015, 9:18 PM

Oct 10, 2015, 9:21 PM

So let me get this straight...lol

Oct 10, 2015, 9:42 PM

ESPN needs to go ahead and retire Lee Corso, maybe this is his last year and he can take the same path as that troll Lou Holtz. Hard to believe he sat on Gameday all by himself and picked Georgia Tech to win the game! I guess that is why his "headgear pick" was 0-4 the last few weeks. Media needs to give it a rest for sure on past history - Dabo is 100% correct!

Maybe we just need some new terms like "Chickengoology" or "Spurrierpuffery"!

Oct 10, 2015, 9:50 PM

Nothing buy respect for our coach for saying what he said he's absolutely right that term should be long gone for everything our boys have done to earn the respect they should be apologizing for saying were gonna be upset by Georgia tech and that we couldn't hang with Notre same to heck with ESPN and all the rest of the non believers only one opinion that matters and that the tigers they decide their outcome GO TIGERS!!!

I ******* love this man!

Oct 10, 2015, 9:52 PM

The best thing that's ever happened to Clemson in years. I hope he stays for another 4-5 decades!

Oct 10, 2015, 10:28 PM

TWEET THAT... Beeotch

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you Coach!

Oct 10, 2015, 10:28 PM

I imagine most teams should be a tally proud of a 7-3 record against Top 10, and 33-0 against unranked. That means you win when you are supposed to. Which Means your pretty good. I will take it all day long

Dabo is 100% correct!***

Oct 10, 2015, 10:39 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get him Dabo!!! That's what I'm talkin' bout!

Oct 10, 2015, 10:50 PM

We are absolutely BLESSED to have a head coach like Dabo!

we got ourselves a **** of a coach!!!!

Oct 10, 2015, 11:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GREAT answer, Dabo! About time this was said.

Oct 10, 2015, 11:05 PM

Ranked football teams lose to unranked teams EVERY WEEK!!!!

This week: Oklahomaing. And Georgiaing. USCing

Oct 10, 2015, 11:10 PM

And there might be OSUing, and TCUing.

And certainly don't forget UCLAing!

Oct 11, 2015, 5:53 PM

Someone on tigernet posted a good stat a few days ago. It was a full list of all the ranked teams that had lost to unranked teams, since we last did that in 2011. These were just the top three on the list. Again, since we last lost to an unranked team:

UCLA has lost six times to unranked teams
USC west has lost five times
Wisconson has lost five times.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2015, 11:16 PM

I love this guy. He is Clemson to the core!

Oct 10, 2015, 11:36 PM

I have never heard that term. A good reporter would have defined it.

Re: New Story: Swinney fires back at "Clemsoning" question in postgame press conference***

Oct 11, 2015, 12:23 AM

Bullcrap.... Nah....#####!!!***

Oct 11, 2015, 12:25 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2015, 12:30 AM

Quit sugar coating it Dabo and tell us how you really feel .

Oct 11, 2015, 10:55 AM

He could have said Clemsoning to us is winning all the time and playing for the NC. Beating the teams you are suppose to beat and if and that's big IF we happen to lose the other teams knows that they played OnE heck of a game and we just ran out of time to get the win. Signed ESPN

We seem to have forgotten something here

Oct 11, 2015, 11:10 AM

Dabo's comments were great to gin up the fan base. A+ there. A+ also for some revisionist history in what he now claims is the definition of Clemsoning.

Dabo's definition of Clemsoning
Losing to an unranked team

Actual definition of Clemsoning
1. The act of failing miserably on a grand athletic stage, or when the stakes are high. 2. Record-setting failure, usually reserved for college football.
There was an epic example of Clemsoning when Clemson hosted Florida State in a highly anticipated football game on October 19, 2013. Clemson was ranked 3rd, while Florida State was ranked 5th. Florida State won the game 51 - 14. Clemson set a NCAA record for margin of defeat by a home team ranked #3 or higher. The 51 points scored by Florida State is the most points ever allowed by a Clemson opponent on Clemson's home field. Most of the home team fans could not take the clemsoning any longer and left the game mid way through the third quarter.

did u write that? teams get beat thats why they play

Oct 11, 2015, 11:45 AM

the game. stop dredging that trash up.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's the problem with made up words....

Oct 11, 2015, 1:02 PM [ in reply to We seem to have forgotten something here ]

the definition can always be changed to met a new set of circumstances.

Dabo is correct, that was the original iteration of the word.

Once Clemson lost to WV, it morphed into what you described.

Either way, I am so proud of Dabo for responding to it the way he did. To have him stand up against the use of the term and stand up for his players the way he did was terrific.

I'll bet most of them would run thru a brick wall for the man. I know I would.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2015, 3:31 PM

Dammmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!! Go tweet that!.

Oct 11, 2015, 3:56 PM

Dabo has worked hard to erase this from the talk about Clemson, and it is still brought up...even the National Champs lost last year...the team that Clemson beat in the bowl game the year before. So many times regardless...of how Clemson plays...it appears to me they question every thing that Clemson does. It seemed as if the guys announcing the games for ND and GT the only excitement in their voice was when ND and GT had a couple of good plays. I am proud of Dab and every player on Clemson's team. I can understand his emotions...Dabo has just lost his father, and I'm sure his emotions are hard right now, when he is questioned...some questions definitely should be a mute point.

Swinney You Are The Man. The Outsiders who use Clemsoning

Oct 12, 2015, 7:13 AM

are weak and they say this to try and get you to overreact, they want you to get mad but they fear you. Calmly tell the media they can call Clemson whatever they want but we just show what we do on the field. Oh and we will change clemsoning into another definition which means, when we are clemsoning we are coming to show the other team that clemsoning is winning. Clemsoning is now a definition that means when Clemson prevails in all who oppose them and doubt them. Change their definition . Clemson Nation decides what words mean, not The Outsiders :)

Add to the list of reasons why...

Oct 12, 2015, 12:50 PM

I LOVE DABO!!! He defends his players and THIS PROGRAM to anyone who tries to take a shot...Imagine the $#!T Storm that would be created if Trojaning - Soonering - Bulldoging actually became a 'thing'

Message was edited by: TigerinPawternoville®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where the Blue Ridge yawns its greatness, Where the Tigers play...

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic