Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Swinney defends Stoudt, says Watson could see action in practice this week
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 92
| visibility 51

New Story: Swinney defends Stoudt, says Watson could see action in practice this week

Oct 27, 2014, 12:22 PM

Swinney defends Stoudt, says Watson could see action in practice this week

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney told the media Monday morning that he was proud of senior quarterback Cole Stoudt and that freshman quarterback Deshaun Watson may be a little more involved in practice this week. What other injury news did he have? Who is he pulling for when FSU plays at Louisville this week? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Swinney defends Stoudt, says Watson could see action in practice this week

Oct 27, 2014, 12:26 PM

I am going to grab some popcorn while I wait for some of the replies to this post come in.

Re: New Story: Swinney defends Stoudt, says Watson could see action in practice this week

Oct 27, 2014, 12:30 PM
image.jpg(129.3 K)

Oct 27, 2014, 12:31 PM

Agree with "defense doesn't slump" mentality. Hope we keep it.

Dabo, you never cease to amaze me sir.***

Oct 27, 2014, 12:38 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jenkins hurt again? He only played a few snaps and got

Oct 27, 2014, 12:41 PM

got reinjured?

Tell 'em coot

Oct 27, 2014, 12:49 PM

Crump... here he goes again bullying***

Oct 27, 2014, 2:46 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em coot

Oct 28, 2014, 9:15 AM

smh

Oct 27, 2014, 12:42 PM

Blaming Cole Stoudt's interceptions on the O line is utterly laughable. Love Dabo.. But just keep your mouth shut if you gonna make that stupid of a comment. O line was by no means perfect but they didn't make him throw into triple coverage or right to the other teams defenders time and time again.

The first one, you could say was on the OLine, his arm was

Oct 27, 2014, 12:46 PM

clearly hit. The second one, would've been picked anyways, if not hit. He threw in to triple coverage.

Re: The first one, you could say was on the OLine, his arm was

Oct 27, 2014, 12:49 PM

And what about the ones that should have been picks but the defenders couldn't hold onto the ball? It's frustrating to no end... And Dabo... at least he could come out and put it gently, "Yeah, Cole didn't play too well. It's just mental toughness, and we need to see more. We will work with him and get him the reps to help him regain his confidence." Boom... we get it. Argh!!!

I wish he would have came out and said that...

Oct 27, 2014, 1:13 PM

Instead Coach Swinney continues to baby Cole and blame other players for his shortcomings.

Re: I wish he would have came out and said that...

Oct 27, 2014, 1:16 PM

so what you are is a fan of SOS. Throw your players under the bus. Don't appreciate effor. Downgrade the best option you have now at QB -there is a reason the other two were 3rd & 4th string.

Guess you never have coached anything...

Dabo threw Offensive Line under the bus...

Oct 27, 2014, 1:22 PM

in defense of Cole.

Re: Dabo threw Offensive Line under the bus...

Oct 27, 2014, 1:28 PM

The offensive line deserves all the criticism in the world--but so does Cole. Dabo is raving about the TD pass and how he only had a few inches to get the ball in there, but there was actually plenty of room in front of Seckinger. The ball was underthrown and therefore the defender almost knocked it away, which maybe made it seem like it was thrown into a tight window.

It wasn't a terrible pass by any means--it was good, even if it was underthrown--but Dabo's making it sound like it was a Heisman-level throw.

http://youtu.be/9fpW6h21XGY?t=1m5s

Oh, I agree with you. All I want is equal criticism.***

Oct 27, 2014, 1:32 PM

Re: Oh, I agree with you. All I want is equal criticism.***

Oct 27, 2014, 1:37 PM

Me too...you and I are together on this one for sure.

Oct 27, 2014, 4:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo threw Offensive Line under the bus... ]

That ball wasn't underthrown at all, but I guess critics will see whatever it is they want to see.

Oct 27, 2014, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Dabo threw Offensive Line under the bus... ]

You're also 100% correct about Dabo throwing the line under the bus in order to protect Cole. If he doesn't want to criticize players, that's fine...I get it. But if you're going to trash the line for their poor effort, you need to criticize Cole for his.

Oct 27, 2014, 1:34 PM

I agree with this... my original hypothetical Dabo quote, was not to throw a stale QB under any bus, but to just call it what the rest of us can see. The kid made bad decisions that could have been costly and needs to be coached up from them. I don't disagree with Dabo about Cole's potential, but he's not playing at his potential. Call it what it is and give the fans some hope.

Oct 27, 2014, 1:41 PM

Fair enough. I don't think Dabo should throw Cole under the bus either. I think he and the offensive line have played equally as bad as one another, so I don't like the idea of criticizing one but not the other.

Oct 27, 2014, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo threw Offensive Line under the bus... ]

Who has not questioned our offensive line this year? I think the line would admit they missed several containments. Cole is slow as a turtle and is not able to extend the pocket which doesn't help. But I get tired of all the people that sit on this board and wait on Dabo to say something just so they can critique it. Then we get all the complaining when he keeps info close to the vest. I agree it would have been better said quarterback pressure resulted in a couple interceptions but I also know it's hard to respond to a mic in front your face every moment.

Oct 27, 2014, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo threw Offensive Line under the bus... ]

Obviously, Cole has been (and still is) in a very fragile state of mind since Georgia game. Dabo, Chad realize this and are trying everything possible to build Cole's self confidence because like it or not we have to depend on him for now. Can you imagine what it would look like if Cole's self esteem & confidence gets any worse?

Oct 27, 2014, 4:14 PM

I guess in my mind, it seems like more harm is the player-morale department is being done by not (publicly) putting any responsibility on Cole's shoulders. I would never ask for what Spurrier has done in completely bashing his team and coaches from top to bottom in the first 5 weeks. But to simply state that Cole's mental game is a point of focus and that the coaches have faith in him to find confidence by the Wake Forest game, would do a lot of good to keep an angry fan base at bay while still going to bat for Cole.

Good stuff in this thread for sure....I agree.***

Oct 27, 2014, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Dabo threw Offensive Line under the bus... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd rather not lose

Oct 27, 2014, 6:13 PM [ in reply to Dabo threw Offensive Line under the bus... ]

the confidence of the QB by throwing him "under the bus". The OL, however, is a different story. I know they're hurt and thin, but they can substituted - unlike the QB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Re: I wish he would have came out and said that...

Oct 27, 2014, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Re: I wish he would have came out and said that... ]

Not sure what you've been looking at. Dabo generally doesn't like to criticize his players, but as Coolbreeze mentioned, he threw the offensive line under the bus in order to deflect criticism of Cole.

The fact of the matter is he's looked horrible. On attempts over 10 yards against Syracuse, he threw for 61 yards, 1 TD and 2 INTs with 25% completion. On the year he's 35% comp in that range with 2 TDs and 4 picks.

"Don't appreciate effort..."

Oct 27, 2014, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Re: I wish he would have came out and said that... ]

This is college. 110% effort is expected at this level. At some point if you don't have the talent then that needs to be addressed.

Re: The first one, you could say was on the OLine, his arm was

Oct 27, 2014, 1:19 PM [ in reply to The first one, you could say was on the OLine, his arm was ]

His arm was hit on the first one, but as a senior QB he's gotta recognize that pressure and avoid it. The pocket wasn't crowded, and he had plenty of room to his left. It definitely wasn't 100% on him, but it was still avoidable.

Great observation.***

Oct 27, 2014, 1:22 PM

Throwing into coverage is a lingering problem

Oct 27, 2014, 2:42 PM [ in reply to The first one, you could say was on the OLine, his arm was ]

Almost in every case there were other options...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are others as tired as I am of all the cranky fans...

Oct 27, 2014, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney defends Stoudt, says Watson could see action in practice this week ]

Swinney only said that the two interceptions were because the O Line let the rushers hinder both of those throws--why can't you guys acknowledge the fact? It makes your other judgments subject to the doubt that you are not objective. Leave Cole alone--he is who we have, regardless of ALL your expert opinion.

fire the "fans" .....***

Oct 27, 2014, 1:57 PM

Good post but replace "fans" with "spectators".***

Oct 27, 2014, 10:54 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are others as tired as I am of all the cranky fans...

Oct 27, 2014, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Are others as tired as I am of all the cranky fans... ]

Has nothing to do with being cranky you soft newb. Has everything to do with Dabos excuse for this is ridiculous. "Leave Cole alone"?? Sorry Cliff..or marklee..but Cole shouldn't be the QB of D1 school

Oct 27, 2014, 3:26 PM

Right, shouldn't be but he is. We might as well try to support him. That's the current reality.

Oct 27, 2014, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Are others as tired as I am of all the cranky fans... ]

Dabo doesn't need to criticize Cole, because y'all are doing enough of that for him. He didn't throw the o line under the bus. He spoke highly of their effort. With that said, the worst throw of the night by Cole was the one that Artavis Scott broke up. Beautiful play by Scott.

practice what you preach...

Oct 27, 2014, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney defends Stoudt, says Watson could see action in practice this week ]

Dabo's earned the right to lead and guide his team the way he sees fit.

You're just a couch potato that thinks he's smart because his Mom can't argue with him.

Talking about stupid comments. Congrats.***

Oct 27, 2014, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney defends Stoudt, says Watson could see action in practice this week ]

Oct 27, 2014, 8:31 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney defends Stoudt, says Watson could see action in practice this week ]

Yea, I was making this argument to a buddy on Saturday. And damm, I've tried to not knock him, but hell...

So a friend was blaming all this on the O-line, and I do agree it's porous - but he was saying its not his fault. So, "we'd probably play the same with Peyton Manning then, right?", I asked him. He told me h3ll no, that's Peyton Manning, not Cole Stoudt. "But you just said its not the QB, it's the line. So if it's not his fault, any QB would be the same - especially some stand in the pocket and sling it -kind of guy, right?" He never would agree - and I agree that Cole Stoudt's not in Manning's realm, but there's no denying he's a large part of our offensive troubles.

I'm sorry, but it is what it is.

Well, what would you guys expect Dabo to say....

Oct 27, 2014, 12:45 PM

"Oh yea, Cole, he sucks balls. Cant throw more than 10 yards downfield with any accuracy. That, and our crappy OLine, is why we throw the ball behind the line so much. That's all we can do. So, defenses we face in the future...that all you need to know about us..."

Would that please you more? At least it'd be the truth, but would THAT make you happy? Dabo says what he thinks the media and you lemmings will believe. Opposing coaches and D-Coords who study the film know what the deal is.

Re: Well, what would you guys expect Dabo to say....

Oct 27, 2014, 12:47 PM

Well, he didn't have to say that he threw a beautiful pass down the sideline to Mike Williams... I think he must have meant he underthrew it so bad that even the defender couldn't get to it.

Oct 27, 2014, 4:43 PM

Yeah. Kinda gets old. Just don't say anything Dabo. I'm just hoping we get more of our players healthy so he won't have to make excuses or blame.....

Tell 'em coot

Oct 27, 2014, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Well, what would you guys expect Dabo to say.... ]

4-4

Oct 27, 2014, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Well, what would you guys expect Dabo to say.... ]

That is exactly what he should say. Speak the truth instead of throwing the O line under the bus. I bet Cole couldn't complete a deep ball of 20 plus yards if there was nobody even trying to rush him. You so called football enthusiasts amaze me with your ignorance of the game. Obviously 99.9% of you have never stepped foot on a field other than Madden. Also how long did it take for Dabo to realize Watson was the better player? I would say about 2 losses too many.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Give it a rest and savor your moral victory over Allbarn***

Oct 27, 2014, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Well, what would you guys expect Dabo to say.... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo, just stop. No way to defend that performance

Oct 27, 2014, 12:53 PM

Re: Dabo, just stop. No way to defend that performance

Oct 27, 2014, 3:33 PM

Yeah, both Dabo & Morris are masters of coach speak. But in defense of "Dabo speak" he has to defend what he has, not what he wishes he had.

How great is it to not have to worry about defense

Oct 27, 2014, 1:00 PM

Those guys are really consistent and I never really worry about them. I know they can and have given up some plays here and there but they do something positive about 85%of the time. Couple of yrs back we couldn't get off the field on 3rd down...ever. Now we r forcing teams to play 3rd and long. Those guys deserve all the credit for winning these

Can't expect Cole to do better if you baby him.***

Oct 27, 2014, 1:06 PM

Baloney -Dabo trying to build him back up from the your boos

Oct 28, 2014, 9:25 AM

Cole gets punished enough by you boo birds! He has lost much of his confidence because of you! How would you liked to be booed by thousands. Dabo is trying to build him back up

How great is it to not have to worry about defense

Oct 27, 2014, 1:02 PM

Those guys are really consistent and I never really worry about them. I know they can and have given up some plays here and there but they do something positive about 85%of the time. Couple of yrs back we couldn't get off the field on 3rd down...ever. Now we r forcing teams to play 3rd and long. Those guys deserve all the credit for winning these past few weeks. I wouldn't waste time talking about stout or our Rb's. We know what we have there. It's all about our defense. Having a great defense is fun to watch

Watson Will Be Back

Oct 27, 2014, 1:05 PM

I'm telling you

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

For Wake***

Oct 27, 2014, 1:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

I'd rather not rush him and have him ready to go for GT

Oct 27, 2014, 1:16 PM

Wake is one of the worst teams in the FBS, no reason to risk injury if we don't need Watson to win.

Re: I'd rather not rush him and have him ready to go for GT

Oct 27, 2014, 1:21 PM

Yea, I don't want to rush him back...but I'd still love to see him be ready to go by Wake. Even if he only played the 1st quarter, got some TDs on the board, and then called it a night.

Hope he's ready by then, but it just seems too soon. Even if he doesn't start @ GT, just being available would be nice. Just hope he's 100% when they bring him back.

I could support that***

Oct 27, 2014, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Re: I'd rather not rush him and have him ready to go for GT ]

Oct 27, 2014, 6:04 PM [ in reply to I'd rather not rush him and have him ready to go for GT ]

I thought Wake had the best defense in the Nation. Isn't that what the ole sorry coach at fsu said? I'm really glad that our Defense will be able to shut them down. If we don't turn the ball over then we should win that one maybe like 3-0. Close but still a win. Then Watson will be back for GT. So we should win that one like 6-3.

If I'm our coaches ... you'll hear NOTHING about DW

Oct 27, 2014, 1:21 PM

...playing at GTech. No sense tipping your hand.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I completely agree...

Oct 27, 2014, 1:31 PM

The first definitive knolwledge opposing teams should get about DW is when they actually see him trot out on to the field to take his place behind the center.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Oct 27, 2014, 1:29 PM

BS Dabo. Stoudt had time to eat a sandwich on most of his attempts. The ones he did not he usually failed to see where the blitz was coming from. I am proud of the hard fought win but I ain't buying your praise of Stoudt and blame of the O line.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2014, 1:43 PM

Here here Whitehurst74... I'm not saying throw the guy under the bus, but have a little honesty with your fanbase. We are watching the game.. most can see what's going on l..don't tell me that he was offensive MVP. We won in spite of him

Don't buy it either...

Oct 27, 2014, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney defends Stoudt, says Watson could see action in practice this week ]

The OL did good, not great, but good on pass blocking but they get an F from me on run blocking. Finally late in the game they began to move the DL a little but most of the night they were watching from their rears.
That short arm, 15 yd throw to the receiver wide open down the left sideline that barely made it 10 yds tells me all I need to know about Stoudt's arm. I like his effort and courage, but the guy does not have the arm to get the ball accurately down the field more than 15 yds. It's like the receiver is begging the ball to get to him on every medium to long pass. Any pass longer than 20 yds is a tossup as to who will get it because it spends two days in the air. Remember the beginning of the season when Dabo said "he gives us the best chance to win"......really? I wish Stoudt was a better QB, but regardless, it is what it is and sugar coating it is not going to change it. We need to have two or more quality QB's in the stable...all the time.

Does anyone think Cole ignores DW? When Cole

came off the field a few times, it seemed he brushed DW off when DW was trying to talk to him. Noticed this last Sat. too, but could be nothing. Cole is reminding me of Kyle Parker, he was babied too

Ive noticed this as well

Oct 27, 2014, 1:48 PM

Re: Does anyone think Cole ignores DW? When Cole

Oct 27, 2014, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Does anyone think Cole ignores DW? When Cole ]

Watson did the same thing to Cole before he was hurt.

Oct 27, 2014, 7:45 PM

If you look at the last time out before the TD all the WR were huddled with Watson . That tells me a lot.

Watson did the same...

Oct 27, 2014, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Does anyone think Cole ignores DW? When Cole ]

Watson did the same thing to Cole before he was hurt.

Re: Watson did the same...

Oct 27, 2014, 2:03 PM

Wow you truly are butthurt to post it twice..maybe you really are Cole's dad.. Looks like mom's on here too

Oct 27, 2014, 6:59 PM [ in reply to Does anyone think Cole ignores DW? When Cole ]

I saw that too. Cole blew off Watson after pulling another Three and Stoudt. Remember. Cole did not lose the starting job.

Oct 27, 2014, 1:47 PM

I know it's easy to play the blame game right now with the offense, but I have to look at the positives here. The mention of Tyshon Dye being ready with an extra week+ of preparation, the emergence of Wayne Gallman (with a less than 100% O-line) and the potential of a DW & Guillermo return soon (and Leggett shortly after) have me really looking forward to the next few weeks. The last few games have been hard to watch at times, but lets face it- we have battled our ##### off & won them all. The near future is bright on BOTH sides of the ball folks. GO TIGERS!

Can a reporter please ask Dabo why he took those TOs

Oct 27, 2014, 2:08 PM

at the end of the first half?

The chances of that offense Saturday going 70+ yards (or even 40 yards to get in FG range) in 1:30 was slim to none. The only thing that it did was risk a turnover. Cuse was content going in tied and was basically just running it up the middle. Sometimes you have to coach by the context of the game and not just what the book says you can do.

with our wr's, i truly believe that they COULD break a play

Oct 28, 2014, 12:00 PM

wide open (take it to the house)on any given play. i would still try and give them a chance, given how our defense has been getting the opposition off the field on a rather consistent basis. just my 2 cents worth, anyway.

Oct 27, 2014, 2:11 PM

I agree with most of the posts, but don't single out the O line. Granted, the O line is a mere fragment it was at the begining of the season, but the passes that Cole threw were not the best. Could have had 2 more picks if their DB's could catch the ball. The offense, as a whole lacks the ability to score a lot of points. Don't protect one player and shield him from criticism while the rest take all the heat. Got 12 days to try to fix some issues and get players back and heal/ rest the ones that are busting their butts trying their best to win. I also agree on one very important issue, Dabo needs to keep it quiet about DW getting ready and or practicing. Let the opposition plan for him when he trots out on the field to call a play and say "OH CRAP, HE'S BACK". GO TIGERS!!!

Oct 27, 2014, 2:22 PM

Hopefully, Tyshaun Dye will be ready for Wake. I believe that he was almost ready for Syracuse, but Dabo said it was not the right time. My hats off and very thankful that the Defensive Coaches as well as the Defensive Unit as a whole have done a great job keeping the Tigers in the game with a chance.to win. Special Teams ditto.

Hello? Wake Forest?

Oct 27, 2014, 2:33 PM

This is Tyshon Dye

Shame

Oct 27, 2014, 11:38 AM

How many would had thought going in- 2014.
The O-line was going be the weak link (of the entire team).

Hard to imagine it being any better in 2015 either.

Lets face reality here. Cole is the love of Dabo and Mo life

Oct 27, 2014, 3:53 PM

They are in love

Oct 27, 2014, 4:18 PM

The title is Dabo defends Stoudt. Haha. Against who? Surely Dabo isnt coming on TNet to read all of our opinions. Cool. Why would he? But somebody close or press or common sense is telling him CS played bad. Sure the o line isnt the best. So blame them for a sack. Dont blame them for ints. How would it sound if CS sat on the press table and said "The reason I threw my ints is because my o line blows?"

All respect for Dabo GONE!!

Oct 27, 2014, 4:37 PM

If you gotta problem with it, kiss my ####!

I really think this year is about winning with Cole. I don't

Oct 27, 2014, 5:08 PM

think Dabo and MO are getting the same satisfaction as us winning with DW in the game. Just Strange! They played down DW all season and built up Cole. Oh we hope all this praise doesn't go to DW's head they said. They said DW made some mistakes in games. But here Dabo is not willing to say Cole even made one mistake much less the many he did make. I think they are also star stuck with Coles Dad too. Something just ain't right

marlborocountycoot = tigerfanjack = Clemson_Alumnus

Oct 28, 2014, 9:15 AM

4-4

lol oh you dabo..

Oct 27, 2014, 4:58 PM

how about the countless cole passes defenders have dropped.that werent due to oline.cole has a noodle arm no other way to spin it..also watson played behind the same o line yet he seemed to do pretty well

Re: lol oh you dabo..

Oct 28, 2014, 7:00 AM

Thank you, this is the point I have been trying to make. Watson plays with the same players Cole does. He is behind the same Oline and has the same receivers and lack of running game. Cole sucks, plain and simple. I wish the guy was better. I wish the best for him. But he cannot stretch the field. 35% on passes over 10 yds is pathetic.

Oct 27, 2014, 5:16 PM

Well, Dabo can say what ever he wants to say. I was one of Cole's biggest pumpers on here when he lost his starting job to Deshaun. I didn't think it was right, and I thought it was very unfair b/c of Cole's loyalty. But Deshaun has proved to be the better QB. Cole has 3 TDs in the last 12 quarters, and Deshaun has 8 or 9 TDs in just one full game, and with little playing time in others. So Dabo, the Oline is just a piece of the problem, and Cole is the rest of it!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2014, 6:28 PM

True does not have the arm on Deshawn. But his arm did get hit in the int. That beig said Cole has to able to read the defense the box was loaded anf they where blitzing he should of rolled or audibled a hot route for something quicker to play or is Chad just simply calling one play to one reciever very vanilla offense. They are gonna load the box on us and blitz the house the rest of the year no matter who is back there. Even the zone reads for the qb and running back are simply not being ran correctly and Razz please post I'm tired of just reading meaningless babble.

Oct 27, 2014, 7:18 PM

Right now Stoudt is playing like we don't have a QB in the backfield so defenses are playing the run and blitzing on every down. Makes any OL look ten times worse than they are. We are just like UF with Stoudt back there. I cant' imagine trading that many three and outs with GT and right now, I'm not so sure we beat Wake. Everyone just assumed we would stomp on Syracuse but there we were at the half with just 3 points. The half? The defense even got the ball back three times and we couldn't score off that.

Sorry Dabo. Not buying it.

Oct 27, 2014, 7:35 PM

Thinking about Chad and Cole makes my brain hurt.......did Dabo mention why he declined the holding call that would have backed them deep in their on territory and give the defense a chance to force a safety?

Oct 27, 2014, 7:57 PM

H&ll yea, what the fk was that all about. And the next play they made 1 of their not so many 1st downs!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2014, 11:37 PM

Dabo tells it like it is, watch the tape and educate urself...why did this thread get so much attention and hate? You gotta wonder how many peeps on these forums are rlly Tiger fans, cuz many of them just spew divisive hate. imo #### and be happy your team went undefeated in October with so many injuries and a green offense to begin with. Youd hope that most Clemson fans would be jubilant that the Tigers have been able to claw their way to 6-2, and are still in the race for the division title. This team has stuck together and found a way to string together some very satisfying wins where it took everyones best effort to pull through...sounds to me like the team is stoked and has found joy in their hard fought wins, and likely has gained a sense of togetherness and brotherhood that comes from everyone pitchin ie all in... but that isn't good enough for some fans who want everything to be easy, and when its not they Bittchh and moan about anything and everything, and throw players under the bus without any true knowledge of ### is going on. You gotta luv the heart this team has shown, it appears some on these forums could take a lesson from the players and show a little more heart imo.

Oct 29, 2014, 1:12 PM

Support our team ... help them by letting them know we are behind them...leave it to the coaches to correct any problems they have. I hope I would be able to do as good as he has ... if I was in his shoes...the old saying...take a walk in my shoes.

Replies: 92
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic