Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Sunday Update: Swinney talks QB plan, Friday night games, substitutions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

New Story: Sunday Update: Swinney talks QB plan, Friday night games, substitutions

Oct 8, 2017, 7:16 PM

Sunday Update: Swinney talks QB plan, Friday night games, substitutions

The Clemson football team practiced Sunday night in preparation for this Friday’s game at Syracuse, but the status of quarterback Kelly Bryant likely won’t be known until later this week. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Sunday Update: Swinney talks QB plan, Friday night games, substitutions

Oct 8, 2017, 7:49 PM

TNET fans. Read Dabo's comments. If you agree with our coach's sentiments, great. If you disagree, time to take stock in all in.
GO TIGERS.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Sunday Update: Swinney talks QB plan, Friday night games, substitutions

Oct 8, 2017, 11:19 PM

Do what??????

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2017, 8:35 AM

TNet fans like sofartotheleft below and the guy yesterday that said he is not "entertained" at the games are who Dabo is talking about. If you're bored with winning that's your problem. If you don't like the play calling or who is playing don't watch. If you really pay attention, the game plan changes each week based on the opponent. Sometimes wide open run and gun isn't the best way to beat the opponent. If that's all you want to see maybe you should start watching the Big 12.

Coach is right. Friday night is for HS. Sat is for college

Oct 8, 2017, 7:57 PM

TV is ruining a good game.

Is it really all about the money? It shouldn't and it doesn't have to be.

Lol, maybe we will just pass on that tv money.***

Oct 8, 2017, 8:58 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Whats with all the hating on the fans lately?

Oct 8, 2017, 8:31 PM

Dabo needs to stop worrying about a few squeeky wheel dbags. Most of us couldnt be happier.

The press ask him those questions otherwise...

Oct 8, 2017, 9:08 PM

he would think we are all great.

Re: The press ask him those questions otherwise...

Oct 8, 2017, 11:26 PM

I disagree. Dabo knows exactly what’s going on!

The networks & ESPiN does a very poor job of scheduling. Especially for the #2 ranked team in the nation. We deserved and should have been scheduled a 3:30 pm time slot.

And absolutely NO FRIDAY Night games. They want us to make them $$$ and don’t think they owe Clemson and our loyal student body & fans anything g in return.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Whats with all the hating on the fans lately?

Oct 9, 2017, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Whats with all the hating on the fans lately? ]

Tiger fans need to be supportive. Let's don't start acting like that bunch from Athens, GA.

Oct 8, 2017, 8:35 PM

kelly bryant is not the answer. Need to go ahead and give it to hunter johnson

Is my meter broken?***

Oct 8, 2017, 8:54 PM

Oct 8, 2017, 9:01 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Sunday Update: Swinney talks QB plan, Friday night games, substitutions ]

If Kelly isn't 100% he needs to sit and get an extra week to heal up. Hunter is plenty capable of managing the offense against the orange. However if Kelly's healthy he's the guy

Oct 8, 2017, 9:15 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Sunday Update: Swinney talks QB plan, Friday night games, substitutions ]

Kelley Bryant did an excellent job in Saturdays game until he got hurt. He has had some issues with his passing prior to Saturdays game but was much more accurate against Wake Forrest. He is getting more comfortable and more experience each game. I was not sold on him at first, but he is doing a much better job now than at start of the season.

Oct 9, 2017, 5:50 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Sunday Update: Swinney talks QB plan, Friday night games, substitutions ]

I have no questions about out offense that Kelly and our offense have not already answered.

What is the question you have imagined that Kelly is not the answer to?

Oct 9, 2017, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Sunday Update: Swinney talks QB plan, Friday night games, substitutions ]

Yeah 6-0... what a bum.

Oct 9, 2017, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Sunday Update: Swinney talks QB plan, Friday night games, substitutions ]

Hmmm.. huh??
What the what??? Have you been watching the games?

Sorry, reread your comment . I don't want K.B. if he is not 100%. If you are talking permanent 1st string then my previous comment stands.. med- head will get you everytime.
Dang flu shots!!!

A player's perspective on Dabo's substitution style ...

Oct 8, 2017, 9:21 PM

I was on the soccer team at Clemson a long time ago. ?? Early in my playing career(1979), we played all our starters in a game vs Belmont Abbey in which we were leading 14-0 at halftime. (In American football terms, that's about like winning 100-0.)

When we got to 7-0 in the first half, as I was sitting on the bench, I thought it would have been a great time to give us subs some time on the field for experience and to build confidence. I certainly would have loved every one of those minutes!

Regardless of how much time each player plays in a game, they are all working their tails off every minute of each practice session.

Rewarding those players with much deserved and cherished minutes on the field will only build them and the team up in a very positive way. That is what Dabo is doing, and IMO it will pay HUGE dividends down the road in a lot of ways.

Oh, how did that game end in '79? Belmont Abbey walked off the field at halftime and didn't return for the second half. ?? Our soccer team finished in 2nd place in the nation at the end of the year.

Oct 8, 2017, 10:22 PM

Does anyone know how many defensive players played Saturday?

Probably every one that dressed out!***

Oct 8, 2017, 10:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2017, 10:56 PM

Man, I am just happy to win. Who cares by how much. Playing all those players is why we just reload from year to year and not have to go through rebuilding. Please never forget those years where we were just struggling to become bowl eligible. It's interesting: when was the last time we talked about bowl eligible at Clemson. Didn't hear it after Saturday. Who cares who is going to play quaterback. That's Dabo's decision. Just be happy and enjoy.

'How dare he not please the fans.'

Oct 9, 2017, 10:31 AM

signed

maroons

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic