Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Strap it up, boys: Clemson faces Bama for the third straight year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

New Story: Strap it up, boys: Clemson faces Bama for the third straight year

Dec 3, 2017, 1:22 PM

Strap it up, boys: Clemson faces Bama for the third straight year

Strap it up, boys. Clemson and Alabama part three is headed to the Superdome. The College Football Playoff rankings were announced Sunday afternoon, and the committee put the Crimson Tide in as the number four seed. Alabama will face No. 1 Clemson in the Allstate Sugar Bowl, the third year in a row the programs will face off in the postseason. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Couldn't be happier

Dec 3, 2017, 1:50 PM

well the location is more in bama's favor but Dabo hasn't played there in a while so :p and considering he's the one who even put us in the playoff 3 straight years I'll take it.

I am looking forward to the challenge, but....

Dec 3, 2017, 2:15 PM

I really feel like the committee got it wrong, I really do...
No way 2, two power 5 conference champions should had been
left out.
Like some of you, I look forward to playing Bama, but OSU
or So cal should had gotten the nod. Ok, it is what it is. We
got who we got....move on. But Clemson will need to play well
against the Tide.

I'm sure they will.

Early prediction; Clemson- 24 Bama-20

Re: I am looking forward to the challenge, but....

Dec 3, 2017, 4:05 PM

I agree. And if the championship game is between 2 SEC teams who will watch that game? Not me for sure.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2017, 1:25 AM [ in reply to I am looking forward to the challenge, but.... ]

Ohio State: Lost @ home by 16 Points to Oklahoma.

Iowa drilled the Buckeyes 55-24 (33 Points) less than a month ago.
* Simply cannot include Ohio State in the playoff

Alabama lost @ Auburn
(Georgia also lost @ Auburn)

Alabama’s resume isn’t perfect but they have a win vs Francois led FSU, LSU, Miss State, & Fresno.

I think they got the Top 4 teams correct.
The Sugsr Bowl should be another classic.

Lastly, before you give the Big Ten too much credit .
Name 1 Team from outside the Big Ten Conference that Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, or Michigan State beat this year?

I give Clemson a slight advantage since Dabo “played” in the Sugar Bowl, 25 years ago.

Dec 4, 2017, 1:44 AM

Also after what the last guy said about both Georgia and Alabama losing to Auburn at home. We all know just how scary it is to play Auburn at home and that's going back to last year when we played Auburn and nobody believed they were a good team at the beginning of the year. Keep in mind we barely beat them at their place last year and they didn't have a quarterback. Now imagine playing a much more experienced Jarrett Stidham angry after a loss to LSU and just blew out Texas A&M. I certainly don't think that would be a favorable matchup for anybody in the nation especially while Kerryon Johnson is healthy. Not even for us....

Re: New Story: Strap it up, boys: Clemson faces Bama for the third straight year

Dec 3, 2017, 4:38 PM

Tigers gonna be ready! We're gonna take out the tide, again!!

This is Perfect

Dec 3, 2017, 5:16 PM

Having an opportunity to beat Auburn, SCAR, Alabama and (hopefully) UGA in one season is what it's all about. I would have certainly giggled like a school girl if Bama had been left out. But, this is so much better. Clemson has found their identity and are in full stride going into the Playoffs.

If you want an opportunity for long-lasting bragging rights, this is the perfect scenario for the Tigers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great reply!

Dec 3, 2017, 6:31 PM

I HATE that the SEC 'bias' has given the SEC 2 chances in the CFP, but thus is the SEC Bias. Unfortunately, it could definitely work out in their favor, but only because they have 50% of the teams in the freaking CFP! It truly sucks. If you don't win your conference, or even freaking "DIVISION", you shouldn't be in the playoff! This is blatant display of "SEC" bias and if can only be said that it sucks.

The committee should NOT be considering the 4 "best" teams, (as they currently do, based on their bias) they should be considering the four most "deserving" teams. The SEC having two teams in the Final Four who were BOTH beaten by Auburn is a travesty...especially when Auburn was beaten handily by Clemson. It is simply flawed math, Clemson held Auburn to 117 yards TOTAL!

I am sickened by this, but only for the teams that were SO much better who were left out. We'll be fine. Just pisses me off...

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Win, lose or draw . . . I'm a Tiger fan forevermore!

Hurricane Duane

Did Bama deserve to go?

Dec 4, 2017, 12:50 AM

No. Did Ohio St. or USC deserve to go? Also no. You can thank them for getting Bama into this position.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Strap it up, boys: Clemson faces Bama for the third straight year

Dec 3, 2017, 6:26 PM

As the header says, Strap it up. Let's go beat them in the Dome. Albeit, I strongly disagree with Bama being in top 4. USC had a stronger strength of scedule and better wins than them according to the graphic shown by ESPN. USC also won their Conference Championship. Alabama is in there for brand recognition, and that is the only reason. If this ends up GA vs AL in Championship Game, this system is NO BETTER THAN THE BCS. GO TIGERS!!!

Dec 3, 2017, 11:04 PM

It was only a matter of time before the sec bias reared it's ugly head in the new playoff system. I would bet that it has been hard on the sec biases to leave the second sec teams out of the playoffs the last two years for a public showing of the new system to get the the TV audience back to watching the NCG to be played. I truly thought that it would take them a little longer before they screwed it back up. I hope beyond all things to hope for, that the TV audience ratings plummets to the lowest that the NCG viewing has ever been in the history of televising the game. I hope that the Nightly news and the Wheel of fortune has a larger TV audience than the NCG does by a Lot!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2017, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Strap it up, boys: Clemson faces Bama for the third straight year ]

It is better than the BCS. At least now Bama would have to beat us and UGA would have to beat Oklahoma to have to sit through an all SEC final.

They aren't anywhere close to the nonsense of the Auburn/ Bama title game a few years ago.

Dec 3, 2017, 11:46 PM

We got our match. Now let’s go handle our business. If we are worth our salt we should handle Bama, Ohio St, or USC (the real one). This team has proved time and time again that they are the real deal. Let’s do it twice more.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic