Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Spurrier's "rude" remark helps Tigers land nation's top back
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 95
| visibility 101

New Story: Spurrier's "rude" remark helps Tigers land nation's top back

Dec 18, 2015, 7:01 AM

Spurrier's "rude" remark helps Tigers land nation's top back

It always pays to be nice to people because it’s the right thing to do. There are also benefits to being kind to everyone you meet. One day, when you least expect it, that kindness will be returned in a big way. Just ask Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

doesn't surprise me in the least

Dec 18, 2015, 7:05 AM

Great to be a tiger

Re: doesn't surprise me in the least

Dec 18, 2015, 7:55 AM

Just goes to show you..treat others how you want to be treated. The chickens bit themselves in the a** on that one!

Go TIgers!!!

Dec 18, 2015, 8:13 AM

I couldn't agree with you more. Even though I can't stand him, I do hope Spurrier one day will learn that lesson. There's no room for arrogance in this lifetime.

GO TIGERS!!!

Dec 18, 2015, 8:32 AM [ in reply to doesn't surprise me in the least ]

I don't think was Spermier said was rude.But glad we got the player!

most of the time it's not WHAT you say, but HOW you say it.

Dec 18, 2015, 8:52 AM

It's really hard to convey the tone he had in what he said. I imagine that was more of what bothered her.

Re: most of the time it's not WHAT you say, but HOW you say it.

Dec 18, 2015, 9:11 AM

My thoughts exactly. At first read the comments don't sound terribly rude....but when you picture the look that must have been on Spurrier's face it's a whole different language...

Dec 18, 2015, 11:24 AM

I can see why she thought it was rude. I bet she took it like I took it......every boy's dream is to play college football, but don't count on your son playing

Dec 20, 2015, 10:03 AM

A mother ALWAYS knows! Spurrier has the demeanor of an old grouchy man! He doesn't praise his players at all. He dogged them about everything...nothing was ever "good enough for him. Yet it speaks volumes about a coach that just up and quits in a few games of the season! Dabo is and was ALWAYS down to earth, thanking God for everything, and loves ALL his players...and they know it! Best wishes young man on a bright future ahead of you!

Dec 18, 2015, 7:33 PM [ in reply to most of the time it's not WHAT you say, but HOW you say it. ]

As the old saying goes, "Action Speaks Louder Than Words." Being respectful to servers and everyone means a great deal. How we treat others makes an impression. Everyone deserves to be treated with respect regardless of who they are. Thanks, Coach Swinney for never putting ice water on a dream. Go Tigers!!!!!!

Dec 18, 2015, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Re: doesn't surprise me in the least ]

It's ne lot necessarily what you say that's rude, it's how you say it.

trust me

Dec 18, 2015, 9:38 AM

Anyone that has ever been around The Quitter in a school as I have or in a public gathering as I have... He is just so full of himself and quite frankly just a prick... His wife is a SAINT... Class lady.... So can we just quit talking about them now?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: trust me

Dec 18, 2015, 9:40 AM

I SECOND THAT.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True Story

Dec 18, 2015, 9:50 AM [ in reply to trust me ]

Years back, my wife and I flew to Ireland on business. Turns out that Spurrier, who was then at Florida, and his assistant coaches and their wives, were also headed to Ireland on a golf trip, i suppose. I saw the entourage in the Delta Crown Room in Atlanta and Sir Spurrier was rude to every person who spoke to him, even those who didn't ask for autographs.

@bengalbabe nailed it - he's a prick.

Dabo, on the other hand, is as gracious as they come. He sent my father an autographed football when he was dying of cancer. My wife has attended the past two Ladies' Clinics and came back with Dabo stories. And several years ago, my wife attended a Prowl and Growl event for me when I was away on business, and approached Dabo with a message. "My husband said to tell you he has a football autographed by the 1981 national championship team. He wants another one." Dabo's response? "Tell him I want one too."

I love that man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: New Story: Spurrier's "rude" remark helps Tigers land nation's top back

Dec 18, 2015, 7:08 AM

Spot on - pretty much sums up the character differences between the two - at least what I expected.

Dec 18, 2015, 7:09 AM

That is Steven Spurrier , never just thankful and kind .
He was probably only there for the Banquet Beer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 18, 2015, 7:17 AM

Welp, errr, yep, yep, can I have a coors light, this tea is making me thirsty,

"and so forth."

Dec 18, 2015, 6:24 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Spurrier's "rude" remark helps Tigers land nation's top back ]

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2015, 7:16 AM

So many reasons CU out recruits SC. But this is a big one. Kindness wins.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Dabo is one of the nicest people I have ever met.***

Dec 18, 2015, 7:18 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Dabo is one of the nicest people I have ever met.***

Dec 18, 2015, 7:46 AM

I was at Bowl game last year with wife and 8yr old son when we were playing against OU in Orlando. We stayed in same hotel as Clemson. Dabo was busy running around as any head coach and Ill never forget when my kid went up and asked him to sign his skateboard, coach stopped what he was doing and hooked my boy up! He carried that skateboard and a marker pen around all weekend and the players were just as cool! Tiger For Life! Too many cool players to list but they all made a kids day!

Not the first time I've heard this. I know some Principals that have said

Dec 18, 2015, 7:20 AM

How Dabo treats them with respect and how Spurrier is rude, and these are from folks that are completely neutral. Dabo is the real deal. Hope we can keep him down the road.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Just saying Steve Spurrier,

Dec 18, 2015, 7:21 AM

is a rude remark!

Dec 18, 2015, 7:21 AM

if you've ever met Dabo you know how he is. He is just a naturually friendly and down to earth person. I remember seeing him at the Bilo during his coaches show a few years ago. He spoke to everyone who came in whether they came in to see him or were there getting milk. Went out of his way to say hi to everyone.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Simple Sales 101. Never be a jerk. Always be polite.

Dec 18, 2015, 7:23 AM

Wish I had that talent, consistently.

^This^

Dec 18, 2015, 8:30 AM

I'm in sales. And when I speak to the sales people under me, this is the first thing I say. People don't buy from those they don't like. And you never know who's next in line to buy from you. Besides, don't be a jerk anyway.

Dec 18, 2015, 7:27 AM
eyes-4_3.jpg(14.0 K)

Now the parents and coaches around here get to meet Boomer Muschamp , that mice young feller from somewherenother .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 18, 2015, 7:37 AM

Oh pleaseeeeee get real.We all know Spurrier wasn't drinking tea that Tavin's
mom was pouring.He was slipping a shot of bourbon into the glass each time
Latasha was refilling his glass.

OBS has an ultra ego. Quitter!***

Dec 18, 2015, 7:58 AM

Genuine vs Ego

Dec 18, 2015, 8:08 AM

As we all know, the GOOD guy ALWAYS wins in the end.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Dec 18, 2015, 8:10 AM

I know, it's beating a quitting, dead horse but during a random, chance meeting Slurrier and his ego took center stage. The thing that totally baffles me is how he was/is so beloved by the media hacks and how he was just playing them like a fiddle. Even after this entire quitting episode they still adore him. Again, I just don't get it. However, normal, regular, hard working people that struggle through life see his public behavior and even 5 years later, it's still a point of contention and disappointment to this mother who at the time had a"young 7th grader that played football." Now, he just happens to be the #1 running back in the country and is committed to a man that patted her on the back, showed random kindness, looked her in the eye and treated her with respect and human decency. Does anyone not see why the "great one" fell from grace? I certainly do

With all the recent talk about what an honor it is to be a Heisman Trophy recipient, seems to me not enough is said about common human decency, kindness and generosity without being handed nor expecting a trophy. Mean arrogant brats like Slurrier cheapen the Heisman by their day to day behavior. Sadly, there is nothing outstanding about this guy other than the size of his ego and bank account and that's all he cares about, college football has many unsong heroes....Slurrier isn't one of them.

I met OBS when he was recruiting Devin Taylor, Jimmy Legree

Dec 18, 2015, 8:11 AM

and Justin Parker. He was pleasant, but just seemed like he didn't want to be there (it may not have helped that my son and his friends started the Clemson cadence when he was talking to the FB coach). In contrast, (I haven't met coach Swinney), but Coach Elliott was a gentleman and made it seem like I was important.

Jesus centered vs self centered. That covers it!

Dec 18, 2015, 8:43 AM

Know some don't want "religion" in this but truth is truth and its not "religion", its RELATIONSHIP!

Thank you Jesus!
Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

PWNED

Dec 18, 2015, 8:46 AM

f

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Dec 18, 2015, 8:48 AM

Spurrier was a pompous ###... I am shocked!!! Shocked I tell ya!

null

And theeeeere you have it.

Dec 18, 2015, 8:53 AM

USC's storied history if mediocrity explained. This goes WAY farther than Dabo and Spurrier. Dabo was hired by Bowden, and later buy the BOT @ Clemson. Same for Spurrier.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And theeeeere you have it.

Dec 18, 2015, 9:15 AM

Say what?

I'm glad we got TF, but after reading that article, it

Dec 18, 2015, 8:54 AM

sounds like she was making a mountain out of a molehill. Obviously we don't get the tones that each quote was said in, but it doesn't sound like Spurrier said anything rude, just from reading the quote as written. Now maybe his tone was rude, but the quote itself isn't.

Re: I'm glad we got TF, but after reading that article, it

Dec 18, 2015, 9:24 AM

He probably said it in a condescending tone like "yeah, they all think they'll be that...next"

Re: I'm glad we got TF, but after reading that article, it

Dec 18, 2015, 11:48 AM [ in reply to I'm glad we got TF, but after reading that article, it ]

what she heard from him was.....every boy's dream to play college fb..like it was impossible for her son's dream to come true

Dado is respectful and genuinely likes oeople

Dec 18, 2015, 8:55 AM

This is proof of what we all know.
GO TIGERS!!

Dec 18, 2015, 8:59 AM

Steve Spurrier, the gift that keeps on giving.

Thank you for being you Stevie!

And thank you for being you CDS!

Thank you Ms. Mcelrath for your vote of confidence in CU.***

Dec 18, 2015, 9:01 AM

Hate Spurrier as much as the next person, but

Dec 18, 2015, 9:16 AM

am I the only one who doesn't think that what he said wasn't really rude? Like, honestly, what did he say that was rude (legit question, I'd like to understand how other people are reading into this)?

It's not like he was blowing her off... I mean, what else can a person say when a random woman says her son is going to play football for him?

Kinda wish Tigernet would stick to real stories instead of this sort of clickbait... I truly expected Spurrier to have been a true a-hole to her when I read that headline.

Re: Hate Spurrier as much as the next person, but

Dec 18, 2015, 9:23 AM

The point is that Mama evaluated the remark, the tone, the time & place and his facial expression and she thought it was rude. That's what played a part in her perception of where she wanted to son to go to school and who she wanted him to play for....and how his future would be shaped for success! That's called "Recruiting" and it's ever ongoing for head coaches at major universities.

And he probably had that look on his face like he was

Dec 18, 2015, 6:27 PM

having gas pains, same one he wore whenever doing press conferences.

Re: And he probably had that look on his face like he was

Dec 18, 2015, 6:52 PM

I predict that we will see that face on a regular basis sitting in Corso's chair on College Game Day in the not too distant future.

We've seen Spurrier on tv before and it was quite entertaining.

Dec 18, 2015, 7:06 PM

http://youtu.be/H38pXGBMWEg

Dec 18, 2015, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Hate Spurrier as much as the next person, but ]

I'm guessing that there was some eye-rolling going on while he made the mostly innocuous remark. Coaches probably hear the same thing a dozen times a day.

Dec 18, 2015, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Hate Spurrier as much as the next person, but ]

Keep in mind, you are reading a written text version of it...there's no way you are hearing the way she stated he said it...his tone, his demeanor...whether he scoffed when he said it, which would make it become very condescending and dismissive of the mother and her son. As they say "perception is 90% of reality".

Dec 18, 2015, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Hate Spurrier as much as the next person, but ]

Sometimes it's not what you say, it's how you say it. I have spoken with several guys that have said the same thing about Spurrier while being recruited. It stemmed from not speaking, looking down on their parents, and basically telling them that they weren't good enough. The same guys had nothing but good things to say about Coach Swinney. Clemson has found a jewel in this man. We should all appreciate him.

Do you? I don't think you do.***

Dec 18, 2015, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Hate Spurrier as much as the next person, but ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see what you're saying, but

Dec 18, 2015, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Hate Spurrier as much as the next person, but ]

it doesn't matter whether it was objectively rude or not. The only thing that matters is her own perception of to the two interactions.

First impressions are supremely critical - especially when the future of the relationship is hanging in the balance. You can only do so much to control the other person's reaction. You can say the right things but if they don't feel warmly connected in that moment, especially compared to an adjacent encounter, than you can come off as colder than you really are/were.

Some people are far more gifted in this area than others.

there are many ways to speak the same words

Dec 18, 2015, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Hate Spurrier as much as the next person, but ]

but the context, body language and inflections will all determine the meaning of those words. you could say, "boy oh boy do I have a surprise for you...", and only context, body language and inflections will determine whether it means something good or something horrible. Mama Feaster felt put off and looked down on, so, the context, body language and inflections are what makes his comments so bad...

what was his facial expression, his inflection, his eyes

Dec 18, 2015, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Hate Spurrier as much as the next person, but ]

i'll hang up and listen

It doesn't matter what you think

Dec 18, 2015, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Hate Spurrier as much as the next person, but ]

It only matters what she thinks.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

I smell chicken***

Dec 18, 2015, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Hate Spurrier as much as the next person, but ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I smell chicken***

Dec 18, 2015, 12:14 PM

Sounds like you need a plumber then.

another infamous "non-denial" denial

Dec 18, 2015, 12:19 PM

your posting history and join date say otherwise

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: another infamous "non-denial" denial

Dec 18, 2015, 3:38 PM

Don't owe you anything... crawl back in the hole from whence you came.

Re: another infamous "non-denial" denial

Dec 18, 2015, 4:18 PM

and perhaps you should just crawl back into the fgf roost from whence you joined Tnet---just the other day

Nah

Dec 18, 2015, 9:14 PM

So i guess the week you joined, everyone was calling you a coot too? Must be some initiation ritual. Thanks, now I know it was all out of love ;)

Re: Nah

Dec 19, 2015, 8:23 AM

no one has yet to read your denial of being a chicken non-Clemson fan. Its always telling. I guess people think they can fool all the people all the time--but they're only fooling themselves. And I've hanging around tnet for a long time---long enough to be able to spot a chicken fan---and the term "coot" had just come into popular useage when I first joined

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

He did exactly what you say he didn't do....

Dec 18, 2015, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Hate Spurrier as much as the next person, but ]

he was blowing her off and letting her know it was a pipe dream for her to think he would play college ball

Yeah, that's what I thought, too

Dec 18, 2015, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Hate Spurrier as much as the next person, but ]

I can understand a mom being really proud of her son and thinking everybody else should recognize that, too. What Spurrier said probably wouldn't sound rude to most of us, but maybe it did to Mrs. Feaster.

On the other hand, I do think this is an interesting story that was worthy of being published by tigernet. As Mrs. Feaster said, things came full circle, and it's kind of amazing how important a small exchange from 5 years ago can be.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coot.

Dec 18, 2015, 12:18 PM

Two in a row on you coot.

Dork

Dec 18, 2015, 3:45 PM

If you're that worried about coot fans creating fake accounts and posting on a Clemson site (why anyone would do this is beyond me) then you probably need to find a new site to troll... maybe one that talks about how we faked the moon landing. Get a grip dude.

Without even hearing the tone, if seemed condescending

Dec 18, 2015, 7:34 PM [ in reply to Hate Spurrier as much as the next person, but ]

"Yeah, that's every boys dream, to play college football." Instead, he could have at least said,"Tell him to keep working hard, I wish him the best".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spurrier should have said:

Dec 18, 2015, 9:34 AM

Tell your son to keep up the hard work, and never "quit" even when times get tough.

Dec 18, 2015, 9:35 AM

This my friends is called "Spurriering"

that's the difference between a coach and an egomaniac.***

Dec 18, 2015, 9:54 AM

Wow...

Dec 18, 2015, 10:01 AM

"Where the dead are, the vultures will gather." I hate Spurrier as much as all, but he is who he is. Cheap shot article, really. I mean, I understand there's no second chance to create first impressions, and glad that worked out for us, but decisions that big aren't just based on Mom's sour grapes. That's also the same kind of reasoning some top level athletes have used to not come here also, and I say they don't belong here anyway. Just my 2 cents.

Dec 18, 2015, 10:07 AM

CDS gets it! He is a truly good person and doesn't know how to be anything else! He likes people and is secure in who he is. This comes across in everything he does, whether he's doing a interview in front of camera's or talking to someone at Walmart.

He introduced himself to my wife as she was walking out of the Central Walmart just weeks before he took over as the intern coach for CTB. He was signing autographs with some other coaches and stopped her to ask if she would like an picture!
My wife wasn't a big sports fan and told Dabo she didn't know who he was but was sure I would know. Well, she comes home and tells me about this really nice coach who introduced himself and how he made her day with his kindness! She was so funny because she said he's kind cute too! That's not not like her to say that and I still have fun with her about it!

I'm thankful to have such a good man leading our Tigers! We need to appreciate Dabo and what's going on right now because this doesn't happen often! This is a great time to be a Tiger! :)

Dec 18, 2015, 10:30 AM

I'm glad that the word "rude" was placed in quotation marks, because I can't believe anyone with common sense could infer rudeness from Spurrier's reply. No doubt that Dabo was friendlier, because he certainly has a much more outgoing personality than Spurrier. Coach Swinney won this recruiting battle by paying extra attention to a potential client years before he would actually see a return on his investment. His friendly personality and successful sales training often pays future dividends for the Tiger football program, and the proof is in a number one national ranking. Still, to read "rudeness" in Spurrier's remark is ridiculous, instead of just contrasting the two men's personalities.

Dec 18, 2015, 10:45 AM

You are a pathetic chicken fan too ashamed of his university to get a real screen name.

null

Dec 18, 2015, 12:05 PM

And you? Someone who chooses to hate or ridicule because of a school affiliation or a game with an oblong ball? Tell you what, clem, I can honestly wish the Tigers luck against OU, and I'll be rooting for them to win the NC. Now that just kills you, doesn't it? By the way, I do have a real screen name, MCB, and I'm mature enough to know that sports shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Dec 18, 2015, 4:17 PM

You are a pathetic troll that hides behind a fake poser screen name period.

null

If you are being honest about wishing Clemson luck, then

Dec 18, 2015, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Spurrier's "rude" remark helps Tigers land nation's top back ]

I applaud you. You're the only usc fan I've heard say that.

Re: If you are being honest about wishing Clemson luck, then

Dec 18, 2015, 5:31 PM

Thanks, Baron, I do mean it, and the original "Baron" was one of my heroes. Believe it or not, there are more than just a few SC fans who are proud of what Clemson is doing this year. Some people just live and die according to each Saturday's game result, and let it affect their lives in too many other areas. I did too, when I was ten! Fortunately, I grew up. By the way, you might want to check out Connor Shaw's complimentary tweet after the rivalry game.

Dec 19, 2015, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Spurrier's "rude" remark helps Tigers land nation's top back ]

> And you? Someone who chooses to hate or ridicule
> because of a school affiliation or a game with an
> oblong ball? Tell you what, clem, I can honestly
> wish the Tigers luck against OU, and I'll be rooting
> for them to win the NC. Now that just kills you,
> doesn't it? By the way, I do have a real screen
> name, MCB, and I'm mature enough to know that sports
> shouldn't be taken too seriously.

I wish I could TD you twice!

Karma is a b*tch.***

Dec 18, 2015, 10:49 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

This is one of the best stories ever on Tnet

Dec 18, 2015, 11:08 AM

It's a great story about how she's gone from working the tables to guest, and it's hilarious what her take was on the coaches. It's exactly what you would expect, and it's such a great life lesson that the coots will never learn. The coots reading this are probably writing this off and telling themselves this is fake. Deer coots, it's not. This is how the rest of the world views you people.

Coach Swinney gets it....

Dec 18, 2015, 11:24 AM

^^under rated concept

Dec 18, 2015, 12:07 PM

potd

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stinks Coots!***

Dec 18, 2015, 11:42 AM

DOES ANYBODY REALLY BELIEVE THAT

Dec 18, 2015, 2:29 PM

Muschamp will be less rude? I believe we will see him pull a Woody Hayes on somebody before he is done with coaching (right before he is done).

This is why i have ZERO respect for Spurrier

Dec 18, 2015, 4:00 PM

I dont give a #### how good of a coach he is or how much he has done for CFB, if you're a complete ### to everyone you meet then you deserve zero respect from anyone. Dabo is the main reason why Clemson is riding high in CFB & i just dont understand why other coaches dont see that. Glad to be a Tiger! Feel sorry for USC fans because they have another Spurrier coaching again.

Dec 18, 2015, 5:48 PM

About 5 years ago I worked at the hotel in Greenville that hosts the visiting teams playing against Clemson. The Gamecock football team stayed at the hotel. There was this one young family that had stayed for hours in the lobby with a helmet hoping to get an autograph. When the team walked through the lobby to one of the meeting rooms, the dad asked Marcus Lattimore for his autograph. Steve Spurrier broke up the opportunity and told them to come to Columbia if they wanted an autograph. The family walked away disappointed. I had recently moved to the Upstate, and I was still deciding which football program to be a fan of. Being able to watch Spurrier's rude comments to these loyal Gamecock fans contributed to my decision become a Tiger. Since then, I go to 2-3 games a year. Our coach is doing things the right way with class and integrity. I am proud to be a Tiger fan!

What would Spurrier do in a situation like this?

Dec 18, 2015, 5:54 PM

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20151007/PC20/151009457/clemson-assistant-coach-robbie-caldwell-gives-stranded-notre-dame-fans-a-lift

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Can't spell No Dice without ND!

Dec 18, 2015, 6:29 PM

That is what he would have told them if they asked for a ride.

Dec 18, 2015, 8:33 PM

What a classless article, how could anybody take what he said as being rude. Some of you people are unbelievable. I understand this is a clemson site and should be pro clemson, but this article is just classless and yes rude.

Dec 18, 2015, 11:31 PM

This is why this team is doing so well. This story about this young man almost made me emotional. Mama he will be an NFL player one day and your family deserves the reward!

That story was awesome. Dabo is the man.

Dec 19, 2015, 8:00 AM

I couldn't have any more respect for the man than I do.

Spurrier is a Classless SOB

Dec 19, 2015, 8:08 AM

Just like the Coots are

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Dec 19, 2015, 10:28 AM

Sounds about right, Spurlid is and always has been a hateful jerk and Dabo is just a good hearted caring person.

Dec 21, 2015, 1:28 PM

I'd rather have the young men whose values and those of his family fit in with what Dabo has in store for them. Poor character holds back even the best of athletes!! Clemson IS FAMILY!! GO TIGERS

Replies: 95
| visibility 101
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic