Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Spurrier complimenting Clemson? It must be game week
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

New Story: Spurrier complimenting Clemson? It must be game week

Nov 26, 2014, 7:01 AM

Spurrier complimenting Clemson? It must be game week

South Carolina head coach Steve Spurrier talked about Clemson earlier this week and actually sounded like a football coach preparing for a game, saying the Gamecocks will have to play well in order to leave Clemson with a win.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Spurrier complimenting Clemson? It must be game week

Nov 26, 2014, 7:04 AM

Hate him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 26, 2014, 7:52 AM

It's so easy to do! Very smarmy!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2014, 7:05 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2014, 8:15 AM

one way to shut him up WIN the Game

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2014, 11:53 AM

Slurriers statement if we do win. Well we did win 5 in a row on them, that team in the up state. I never thought we would win them all, we will start working on another 5 or 6 straight against them starting next year, chuckle, smirk, grin, they have been saying that next year thing for the past 5 years, so I guess its OK if we use it once, smirk, grin, LOL and take a big slug from his Schlitz wrapped in a sprite can wrap. Spurrier can be read like a cheap comic book.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2014, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Spurrier complimenting Clemson? It must be game week ]

I agree ... even if we win the game .... the first chance he gets ... he swill throw some slur about the up-state team or try to needle Dabo. Like one guy said...it's a way for the team to let their guard down and become over confident. (It's a trap.) Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would be easy to like Spurrier IF

Nov 26, 2014, 8:24 AM

#1) He was not the coach at SCar
#2) If he was not such an a$$hat

The man knows the game of football very, very well and will go down as one of the best X's and O's coach in CFB history. I still cannot stand him though because of 1 and 2.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he's just setting up the excuses for when they take that L

Nov 26, 2014, 8:25 AM

and go from #9 to 6-6.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

we've got a #### paying to be on their rivals board....how

Nov 26, 2014, 12:26 PM

pathetic.

thanks for the TD and get ready to finish the season at .500 #### lover.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

If he were on fire

Nov 26, 2014, 8:26 AM

And I was the only one who could save him, I don't think I would even pee on him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mangus would do it for you.

Nov 26, 2014, 9:52 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mangus would do it for you.

Nov 26, 2014, 9:58 AM

Spurrts' face always looks as if he hopes he is the only one in the room that realizes he just sharted in his chino's.
Severe dislike.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

he may already have.....***

Nov 26, 2014, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Mangus would do it for you. ]

I remember last year after the game he have us a compliment

Nov 26, 2014, 8:27 AM

It was something along the lines "that was a very good football team we just beat. They are very talented but for whatever reason they always play bad against us". It didn't take him long to take another shot at us, which everyone knows about with what he said after the bowl win. Glad to see dabo take stick up for this team after what he said after the orange bowl

his smart *ss comments are directly proportionate to the

Nov 26, 2014, 9:28 AM

teams record so basically he is saying "we suck"

Nov 26, 2014, 9:40 AM

Like one of the other posts, "Best way to shut him up is beat him". But when that happens on Saturday, he will be his usual self and lob some type of cheap shot at us.
I hope we have a solid game plan and.the defense is going to have to play hard and shut down the wildcat and create turn overs. I hope our Offensive Line can do a better job protecting the QB. If that means using the RB's to help block, then do it. Got to have help blocking because I would be willing to bet they will blitz every play til they get burned several times.

They Beat Us Last Year for two main reasons...

Nov 26, 2014, 9:59 AM

1. Their QB
2. Our QB

I love Tajh but ya'll have to admit, he at times just could not handle the pressure and once he made that first big mistake, he just couldn't bounce back.

Connor Shaw we just could not handle. Glad he is gone. Thompson does not concern me near as much. We have a great front 7 and our secondary is much better than in recent years.

I like our chances even if DW does not play but I am still veeeery nervous. #### Spurrier is in my head too! :)

the man is playing games

Nov 26, 2014, 10:03 AM

He is trying to get in to our heads the best he can. Its a strategy he has done for years to all teams. He is the devil of football.

Re: the man is playing games

Nov 26, 2014, 4:34 PM

He does seem to make us dislike his attitude. Forget it fans ... concentrate on the game. Tigers if you read this you need to study those films and really know that team and their tendencies. Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 26, 2014, 11:01 AM

Don't care about his compliments, only his game plan. It is essential that Clemson takes away USC's ability to control the clock and shorten the game. I have no doubt he will use Mike Davis and the ground game to chew up yardage, control the clock, and take away Clemson's greatest advantage defensively...pressure on the QB and sacks. I believe the Tigers should put seven in the box with one of the linebackers shadowing Thompson, who Spurrier will use to negate CU's aggressiveness with QB draws and possibly even some option plays. That then leaves the secondary to cover their less than stellar receivers and exposing USC's inferior passing game by leaving them in a lot of 3rd and long situations. Offensively, Clemson needs to throw the ball DOWN the field. Stop those lateral throws and slants that allows USC's defense to gang tackle and protects their weak secondary from being exploited in man coverage situations. This would also open up their defensive line that would ultimately allow CU to run getting chunks of yardage. This is how A& M beat them and actually how the ##### beat Georgia. Exploit their weaknesses while minimizing their strengths. That's how Clemson will win. No doubt in my mind.

Funny how people rag on his words whether he's nasty or nice***

Nov 26, 2014, 11:35 AM

Nov 26, 2014, 1:16 PM

The sooner all you guys learn that he's an entertainer in an entertainment industry, the better off you'll be. Win the dang game Tigers!

the only way to shut him up is to beat his team. he loves

Nov 26, 2014, 2:33 PM

playing games.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic