Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Spring battles: Can a back emerge to lighten the load for Watson and Gallman?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

New Story: Spring battles: Can a back emerge to lighten the load for Watson and Gallman?

Feb 23, 2016, 2:57 PM

Spring battles: Can a back emerge to lighten the load for Watson and Gallman?

Spring football practice begins in six days, and the battle for carries behind starter Wayne Gallman will be fierce Who will emerge as the front-runner...Adam Choice, Tyshon Dye or C.J. Fuller? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Spring battles: Can a back emerge to lighten the load for Watson and Gallman?

Feb 23, 2016, 4:44 PM

I was actually shocked to note that Tyshon Dye registered 9 DNP's. With him being healthy last season one would think an athlete of his caliper add someone who wants to grab the eye of the staff would be willing to contribute on special teams. Obviously he's been a RB his white lee career, but punt team or kickoff coverage could certainly use his talents.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Spring battles: Can a back emerge to lighten the load for Watson and Gallman?

Feb 23, 2016, 5:02 PM

I'm rooting hard for T.D. (as well as the other guys), but with the injuries he had, he just might not be the same athlete he was prior to the injuries.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2016, 5:03 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Spring battles: Can a back emerge to lighten the load for Watson and Gallman? ]

Anyone remember the uga game in Athens when they played Gurley sparingly on offense until midway through the 2nd half and then he came in with fresh legs...

We have that type opportunity this year...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2016, 5:03 PM

I'm very disappointed in Dye. I was very excited about him when we signed him and thought he could resemble Tre Mason from Auburn. I don't know if it's lack of effort or focus, but I thought he would have played a lot more last year. I'm still hoping he can get it together and be the #2 guy behind Gallman next year.

Feb 23, 2016, 5:52 PM

I don't think it's a lack of focus but instead a combination of injuries and talent elsewhere at the position. Not sure how healthy he really is or if he wil ever be the type of back we hoped for but to be honest, even if he started and was as God or better than I thought he'd be, I never would have thought we would have 1500 yards out of our starting RB. We got more out of the position last year than I would,have thought. I hope Dye does well, but Gallman has blown the doors off. I like Choice, Fuller, and Dye and think we have something special in Feaster. Not enough carries to go around.

I'd like to know what's going on with Dye?

Feb 23, 2016, 5:56 PM

Is he not 100% mentally/physically ? That would be understandable considering what he's been through.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: I'd like to know what's going on with Dye?

Feb 23, 2016, 7:07 PM

Hard to tell. He's kind of a legend in Georgia football and a lot of people - including us - thought he was going to be, well, pretty much what Wayne Gallman ended up being instead - but I can't tell if it's injury that robbed him of some burst or if he was just plain never quite that good to begin with.

I went over to HUDL to check out his old high school film...there are exactly two plays on it, 31 total seconds of film. Good luck figuring out anything from that.

Between an Achilles and a significant back injury, it's entirely possible we've never really seen him healthy at Clemson. For sure he's never looked - nearly - as explosive as I had been led to believe he was going to be, coming out of high school. He was supposed to be a power back with that fifth gear who maybe wasn't going to house it but could certainly gash you for 25+ if he hit a seam, much like, well...Gallman.

Never have seen that guy, here at Clemson.

His first fall practice, he was by far the best runner, then

Feb 23, 2016, 9:31 PM

was injured during that fall - never to be the same again - YET!

He's got other film, I believe.

Feb 23, 2016, 11:54 PM [ in reply to Re: I'd like to know what's going on with Dye? ]

I think they are "private" films so you have to have an account on HUDL to view them. Or maybe he has to share them with you.

He's also got lots of film on YouTube.

Message was edited by: gtriple®

Snowflake Basher........Out

Injuries

Feb 24, 2016, 6:46 PM [ in reply to I'd like to know what's going on with Dye? ]

He came in to Clemson with an injury them while he was here he suffered dime kind of back injury that really held him back. After he recovered from the back injury, he suffered a torn Achilles and from what I've heard, an injury like that takes about 2 yrs to fully recover from. I hope he can put it all together this season so we can finally see the Tyshon Dye we were hoping to see when he came to Clemson

5 Or 6 Of The Best Plays ----

Feb 23, 2016, 6:13 PM

I really think Choice has the most momentum and hunger right now to be that 2nd running back.

What can I say ..been waiting for Dye to just bring the wood and the speed...but he has been dealing with that back problem ever since. Maybe they need to have 70% of no contact on Dye until 2nd week of fall camp then see how really feels.

Just let those 3rd string and beyond running backs have their 5 or 6 best plays that they do well on and let them get those reps. It will be beneficial sooner than they think.

Re: 5 Or 6 Of The Best Plays ----

Feb 23, 2016, 6:23 PM

Dye will play very little this year. Someone stated recently that he will graduate in May. He may choose to move on to another school or drop football. But, if he stays he will play little to none.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't feel sorry for our RBs

Feb 23, 2016, 6:38 PM

this is a very very talented group. No doubt, and no need for worry.

I like Choice really pushing Gallman HARD for carries, then theres
Feaster on the way.

No, this group will be justttt fine.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic