Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Service Before Self: What it means to be a Son and Daughter of Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 3,407

New Story: Service Before Self: What it means to be a Son and Daughter of Clemson

May 10, 2017, 1:49 PM

Service Before Self: What it means to be a Son and Daughter of Clemson

A half mile away and four months removed from Death Valley, a place where thousands gathered in late January to celebrate a national championship, a little over a hundred people gathered for a celebration of a different sort. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just felt a little confetti myself - but then

May 10, 2017, 2:31 PM

I am getting a little softer as I age.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen

May 10, 2017, 2:35 PM

My father is a 1950 graduate and Korean war vetran. All 3 of his older brothers served in WWII. All came home.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As a son of a Clemson Man commissioned into the Air Force

May 10, 2017, 2:36 PM

upon graduation - I cannot thank you enough for the telling of this event, DH.

THANK YOU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Thanks, Mr. Hood....and congrats to each and every

May 10, 2017, 2:42 PM

one of the newly commissioned eleven!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks, Mr. Hood....and congrats to each and every

May 11, 2017, 4:08 PM

A terrific article. Thanks David.

God speed to each one***

May 10, 2017, 2:45 PM

Nice article DH. Thanks for the reminder of the sacrifice

May 10, 2017, 2:58 PM

these fine young people make everyday on our behalf.

Godspeed to the 11 new Air Force officers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Service Before Self: What it means to be a Son and Daughter of Clemson

May 10, 2017, 3:08 PM

Another winner David. Especially appealing to me as a Det. 770 offspring and 27 yr vet, class of 75. My dad was also a military graduate of the Tigers when it was all military students. Yes, Det 770 does have a great, even storied history. But relations with the rest of the student body was not always respected, surely in the early 70s when I was there. Thanks for providing a poignant glympse into a very important Tiger and American tradition of service to country.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Service Before Self: What it means to be a Son and Daughter of Clemson

May 10, 2017, 9:26 PM

Thanks for the article, DHood. I was commissioned through Det 770 in the amphitheater 32 years ago by my dad who was the Det commander, on the same spot where he graduated in the 1950s and his father in the 1920s. While I retired from the USAF in 2014, my Clemson roommate is still on active duty - as Clemson's first 4-star general. Thanks for your article about 11 amazing young men and women who will be leaders their whole lives, as well as their brothers and sisters being commissioned as Lieutenants in Army ROTC.

May 11, 2017, 6:53 AM

Great article, about even greater men and women. There is no greater service to our country than the men and women of our military. They are the ones who keep this the greatest country in the history of this planet.

The fact that Clemson can hold this tradition is a little known fact that makes it such an amazing institution.

May 11, 2017, 7:43 AM

Thanks so much for this article David.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excellent! Just Excellent!

May 11, 2017, 2:28 PM

Thank God for those who put others ahead of themselves and for TigerNet and David Hood who share this value so powerfully. I met Eric last year and some of his family. It's no surprise that his parents are as outstanding as Eric and Shawn.

May God raise up more families like the Mc Lains.

Replies: 12
| visibility 3,407
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic