Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Scrimmage Insider: Bryant tosses four TD passes, Venables runs the defense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

New Story: Scrimmage Insider: Bryant tosses four TD passes, Venables runs the defense

Mar 28, 2018, 7:52 PM

Scrimmage Insider: Bryant tosses four TD passes, Venables runs the defense

No one was happy after Wednesday’s Death Valley scrimmage. Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney was asked if the team improved from the first scrimmage of the spring, and he shook his head. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good for KB2, just what this team needs.***

Mar 28, 2018, 8:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bad DBs?***

Mar 28, 2018, 8:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Probably, I mean, he only threw 4ish all of last season.***

Mar 28, 2018, 8:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clearly the coaches let him down against Bama by not

Mar 28, 2018, 10:56 PM

putting him in goal line situations.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Good for KB2, just what this team needs.***

Mar 28, 2018, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Good for KB2, just what this team needs.*** ]

What? Sacks? I didn’t get that he stood out. Said all the qb’s stood out, all had td passes, but too sacks. Didn’t say who had the sacks. Kb shouldn’t have any.

I’ll say this, I hope he was trying to wipe his face or something in this picture. Surely he’s not celebrating or “dabing “ in practice.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, he threw 4 TD passes; I'd say that's beneficial.***

Mar 28, 2018, 8:42 PM

Couldn't be happier if the others were beneficial as well.

Re: Sorry, he threw 4 TD passes; I'd say that's beneficial.***

Mar 28, 2018, 8:56 PM

You’re right, that is beneficial. Just no secret that I think someone else needs to start. Of course that’s imo too because I’m definitely not a coach and certainly not privy to practice.

What I do know is we have another generational talent in TL and I’d be priming him from day 1 to start day one. He really is that good and again imo all the coaches have sorta leaked that out.

And for me, pet peeve is i hate that celebratory crap.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Leaving the celebratory crap out because I really don't care

Mar 28, 2018, 9:04 PM

if that's how practice rolls, this another generational talent will rise to the top or he won't.

Maybe next week, next month, next year or never, but he'll be given the opportunity to earn whatever it is he earns.

Take it, if he can, it's all there in front of him; I doubt CB or HJ will step aside and let him have his way.

I don't for a moment believe the coaches recruited the kind of character that would.

Should be fun, everyone gets better.

Re: Good for KB2, just what this team needs.***

Mar 29, 2018, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Good for KB2, just what this team needs.*** ]

Pretty sure that picture is from Sugar Bowl practice at Tulane

And? It's not from Church, class, lunch or some concert...

Mar 29, 2018, 10:15 AM

The point of it being during/at/part of practice is intended and what's demonstrated.

Just another stock photo clipped to the article, maybe trying to enhance or elicit an emotional response or connection to KB2's 4 TDs?

If @davidhood® or that rat-bastich Tony, @TigerNet Recruiting®, is at the bottom of this I say we take them out, drag them nekkid through cacti - that'll teach em not to fug with our emotions.

Two week-long breaks during Spring Ball

Mar 28, 2018, 8:17 PM

Is it normal to have two week-long breaks during Spring practice (first for Spring Break and now for an Easter break)? I don't remember this in years passed but perhaps I just wasn't paying close attention.

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: Two week-long breaks during Spring Ball

Mar 29, 2018, 8:29 AM

I think it is genius! Practice, evaluate, break. Repeat, twice. Players have an opportunity to work together during breaks. Same with scholastics.

Re: New Story: Scrimmage Insider: Bryant tosses four TD passes, Venables runs the defense

Mar 28, 2018, 8:33 PM

No matter what happens with the quarterback situation, Kelly Bryant needs to work on his dab technique

Re: New Story: Scrimmage Insider: Bryant tosses four TD passes, Venables runs the defense

Mar 28, 2018, 8:40 PM

Shouldn’t be doing it all, especially not in practice. Just a pet peeve of mine. I was ok with DW4 having fun with his thing because he earned it.

If the coaches don’t have a problem with it...

Mar 28, 2018, 8:48 PM

Neither should you. Keep having fun out there KB2, that’s what the game is about!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If the coaches don’t have a problem with it...

Mar 28, 2018, 8:56 PM

Word +1

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2018, 9:04 PM [ in reply to If the coaches don’t have a problem with it... ]

I said personally i never have liked any of that kind of stuff. Never said anything about not having fun. It’s a game and should be fun.

But I don’t dab and dance and high five every time I do something I’m supposed to do at work.

Mar 28, 2018, 10:02 PM

Do you really believe the dab picture was taken at today's scrimmage? Doubt they would let KB play with no pads.

Mar 28, 2018, 10:50 PM [ in reply to Re: If the coaches don’t have a problem with it... ]

Do you play a game for a living? No? Then playing football isn't like your job so stop taking it so seriously. So a player celebrates after a good play? Have you never worked many many long hours at something, and celebrated in any type of way whenever it goes well? Not even a high five, a drink, a dinner, nothing? In any case, what does the celebrating hurt? Him dancing won't have a single impact on the outcome of any play during a game this season.

Mar 28, 2018, 11:26 PM [ in reply to Re: If the coaches don’t have a problem with it... ]

That turned me off of KB the first time he started, the self celebration and showing off his arm. A little of that goes a real long way.

Mar 29, 2018, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Re: If the coaches don’t have a problem with it... ]

Maybe you should try it at work. Lighten things up and lower the overall stress level for everyone. Always a goal for me at work! ??

Mar 28, 2018, 9:07 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Scrimmage Insider: Bryant tosses four TD passes, Venables runs the defense ]

Leading your team to an ACC Championship, a win over Scar, and the top seed in the College Football Playoff isn’t worth a fan in practice? Oh.... noted.

Mar 28, 2018, 11:03 PM

I like the kid. He’s a great person, good character and a good leader. He did do a good job last year. He did what was asked of him.

No one would dispute that but imo just about every qb in the acc last year would have done as well as he did with everything being equal. That is, in the system for three years here and a dual threat qb etc.

All I’ve ever said and it’s no swipe at kb but we have more talent to run a DW4 offense.

Mar 28, 2018, 10:02 PM

Three of his TDs were goal line. I'm sure he got most of the snaps.

I wouldn't be doing the DAB after that performance against Alabama.

Mar 28, 2018, 10:51 PM

If you think he's to blame for the Bama loss, you're honestly an idiot.

Mar 29, 2018, 12:16 PM

I'll take idiot over what you have.

He can't read defenses. Period. End of story.

^^^^ Not popular at parties.

Mar 29, 2018, 2:19 PM

lighten up Francis...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 30, 2018, 6:55 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Scrimmage Insider: Bryant tosses four TD passes, Venables runs the defense ]

I wouldn't either, but I believe a lot of what went wrong vs AL was OL related. Our OL got their bottoms whipped, period, end of story! I didn't think KB's performances were all that special after the firs couple of games. His passing was mainly dinks and dunks, and we have too many weapons for us not to be able to find them regularly. JMO, of course, but there was so much left on the field last year after a few big plays in the first few games by a QB who seemed to be too ready to run the ball at every opportunity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

concerned about Carmen's weight because he went home

Mar 29, 2018, 4:26 AM

at break and lost 4 poinds. That makes no sense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: concerned about Carmen's weight because he went home

Mar 29, 2018, 6:37 AM

They were worried BEFORE he went on spring break that he might gain weight back in Ohio. That didn’t happen.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2018, 10:09 AM

I guess the Oline must have been really good for the offense to do so great right?

Mar 29, 2018, 2:37 PM

I'll take 12-2 any time from a first year starter who got us to the Natty

GO TIGERS

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic