Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Scott Pagano takes flight: "We wanted to be nasty"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

New Story: Scott Pagano takes flight: "We wanted to be nasty"

Sep 6, 2015, 1:55 PM

Scott Pagano takes flight: "We wanted to be nasty"

Scott Pagano’s stat line coming out of Saturday’s 49-10 win over Wofford isn’t impressive at first glance: two tackles and a tackle for loss in his first Clemson start. But the stats don’t tell the entire story. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Scott Pagano takes flight: "We wanted to be nasty"

Sep 6, 2015, 2:16 PM

I'm glad you decided to do an article on Pagano. He was the guy I noticed about all others yesterday. With Grady Jarrett leaving for the NFL, I didn't think defensive tackle was the position where I would be thinking "wow." But his place was spectacular.

Agree***

Sep 6, 2015, 2:45 PM

Sep 6, 2015, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Scott Pagano takes flight: "We wanted to be nasty" ]

I thought Wilkins had a really nice showing as well. He made some plays, he's going to be a force in the next couple years.

Thanks to tigerray...I got to watch it today

Sep 6, 2015, 6:51 PM

I listened and kept up with the game yesterday, so I heard all of the play by play. Heard the names called. So, when I finally got to watch it today, I watched the DL close. About the third play on D I see this monster truck absolutely FIRE off the line. I was floored. He looked like he was shot out of a howitzer. Dude was a wrecking ball yesterday. The DL looked great. I think the only dropoff from last season that I saw was the speed rush from the right side. But I'm sure BV can find a way to turn it up.

Message was edited by: clemson man7®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2015, 5:33 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Scott Pagano takes flight: "We wanted to be nasty" ]

The guys from Fox I guess was saying that Pagano was swatting Wofford's O line around, and added that he was one of the strongest guys on our team. I don't know if he is one of the strongest, but no doubt he was moving guys out of his way to the point I was seeing him get double teamed a few times. And anytime our opponents are using two to save their face from being ripped off by one of ours, just opens a spot for another of ours. I thought he was doing good for a first time starter. I was watching for Pagano more so that I would have news of Pagano for my best friend that lives in Hawaii. Plus he loves Ben Boulware, and he loves that we sometime call him the Tazzzzz bc he is all over the field laying the hammer on anybody he gets close to.:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2015, 2:33 PM

Really impressed with him on the field and with that interview. I hope he shines with the opportunity but I still want Reader back so we can be too deep. Any chance Reader decides just to redshirt this year?

Sep 6, 2015, 3:42 PM

I have no idea what is going on in Reader's life that he decided to step away from the team, but it will likely cost him a shot at the NFL. With Pagano and Wilkins playing, Reader will have to fight to get his starting position back.

Hawaiian Hulk Smashed The Middle Saturday!!***

Sep 6, 2015, 2:43 PM

Great Article

Sep 6, 2015, 2:44 PM

Scott deserves it. Looking for more good things from him!

How in the world did we get this Samoan dude from HI?

Sep 6, 2015, 2:56 PM

Because he's Italian and his family is in Central!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rhetorical: "Because he's Italian and his family is in Centr

Sep 6, 2015, 6:09 PM

al."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2015, 3:40 PM

About daxn time! I've been wanting to see Pagano on the field since he got here. Glad to see him making the most of his opportunity.

Sep 6, 2015, 6:03 PM

Me too. Among all his classmates from that recruiting season Pagano stood out to me and I've been waiting to see what he would de. I also believe he is part of a class which will see Clemson over the hump and into status as an elite program and possible national champs.

Sep 6, 2015, 5:38 PM

If DJR is not back by the GT game, I hope SP can penetrate the line like he did all day against Wofford. If he can take that play away on a consistent basis, we have a great chance to beat GT. He seemed to disrupt their backfield all day long. If affects everything else IMO.

Fortunate to Have Pagano in Trenches - Keep Grinding My Man***

Sep 6, 2015, 5:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's better is the film

Sep 6, 2015, 6:13 PM

All of these guys who haven't started or not much will have film to learn from and study. They say the biggest improvement comes between weeks 1 and 2. I think he, and his line mates, are going to be monsters this year.

Sep 6, 2015, 6:57 PM

I was really impressed by the whole defense. For this group being so young and inexperienced I must say I expected Wofford's option offense to at least move the ball with some success. I believe Wofford returned at least 20 starters and was pretty successful on the ground last season. The way the defense just flat out shut down the option says a lot about this group. If the biggest improvement happens between week 1 and week 2 like they say and they stay healthy this is going to be a fun group to watch this year.

Of all the players on D yesterday, he impressed

Sep 6, 2015, 7:15 PM

me the most. Even though the stat sheet doesn't show it, Pagano affected EVERY PLAY when he was in there. He practically LIVED in the backfield all day long.

T.J. Green had a nice game too. Another 2 star recruit

Sep 6, 2015, 8:07 PM

Our staff has a knack for finding these guys. Renfrow is the latest. Kid can play

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2015, 11:46 PM

Always been pulling for Scott. Spent 25 years in The 808 State. Had daughter attend MHS. He was #1 recruit in state. Been watching for #56. Was a good article, but his play Saturday was great. Best wishes!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic