Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Room for Improvement: Offense hit and miss against Jackets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

New Story: Room for Improvement: Offense hit and miss against Jackets

Sep 23, 2016, 9:01 AM

Room for Improvement: Offense hit and miss against Jackets

Clemson’s offense made enough plays Thursday night to walk out of Georgia Tech’s Bobby Dodd Stadium with a win, but co-offensive coordinator Tony Elliott knows there is still work to do. A lot of work. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will tell you the problem ... they started Lolly-Gagging !

Sep 23, 2016, 10:05 AM

After the very fast start, pretty much dominated both sides of the ball ... actually should have been 21-0 after first quarter ...

Then ...

they started lolly-gagging to the sidelines
lolly-gagging towards the end zone
lolly-gagging chasing the Georgia Tech Lads
lolly-gagging in general

We cannot have lolly-gaggers ! I am sure the Coaches will give them the "what-for" and fix the lolly-gagging !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDaFcQJC4z8

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lolly-Gagging LOLG! LMAO! Also pass interference calls

Sep 23, 2016, 10:15 AM

both O and D went against us, The final score could have been much better like 43 to 0 if fg was made!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I will tell you the problem ... they started Lolly-Gagging !

Sep 23, 2016, 12:05 PM [ in reply to I will tell you the problem ... they started Lolly-Gagging ! ]

+1 for the video. I needed that today

If we stop this Lolly-Gagging Rigmarole,

Sep 24, 2016, 12:43 AM [ in reply to I will tell you the problem ... they started Lolly-Gagging ! ]

we can give 'em some of the ol' Razzle Dazzle!

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Re: I will tell you the problem ... they started Lolly-Gagging !

Sep 24, 2016, 1:06 PM [ in reply to I will tell you the problem ... they started Lolly-Gagging ! ]

I agree with you on the sidelines. But Dabo continues shutting down the Offensive and put on the defensive to finish the game. That had nothing to with the passes being dropped. Coach isn't doing anything different than last year. And, will allow it to even get to 1 score game. Heck, allowed ND to get with then 2 point game. Lost the opening game the year before that to GA. Went to the prevent defense and GA marched right down the field to win. I don't think they have that much to hide unless they've changed the offensive that much. I can say this much, they already have everyone including Louisville thinking that they will run over Clemson. Just as I mentioned to my wife last year before they played NC. Get to him quick, often and very early in the game (victory), that go's for any QB including him. Our big guys up front are just the guys to make that happen! Cheers

Re: New Story: Room for Improvement: Offense hit and miss against Jackets

Sep 23, 2016, 10:31 AM

DWs problem is he is trying to make a perfect throw,
Trying to time every pass .
He needs to just throw the ball and stop worrying about scouts in the stands.

Sep 23, 2016, 12:23 PM

So very true. I was at ground level last night and some of his throws were under thrown. Very different than the first 2 games where everything was overthrown. Maybe he will be dialed in next Saturday because we are gonna need a bunch of points if our d-line and Big Ben & Co. have issues with containing Jackson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2016, 1:35 PM

Louisville terrific against two weak sisters and one supposedly strong FSU squad. The Seminoles have given up 36 per their last four (including bowl game against Houston). Clemson has given up 18 per in last five (including Natty). Tiger defense stronger than anyone Louisville has played in some time. And the game is in Death Valley. And Venables will figure it out. He almost always does. Louisville has given up 21 per this year, Clemson 11. Louisville better offensively, Clemson better defensively. I like the Tigers in a surprisingly low scoring game.

Sep 23, 2016, 2:31 PM

Totally agree...and we will not see that same FSU team on Oct. 29, not sure if you watch the Showtime special on FSU but the episode after that game it was clear they not only didn't show up but they imploded (total meltdown on the sidelines, young team that didn't know how to deal with adversity...which is another question as they kept saying this "young FSU O" but I thought they brought back all 11 starters on O..? Probably another conversation.).

I watched an ESPN breakdown the other day on Jackson and they broke dow tape and showed he's still not very accurate and the FSU DB's had a lot of breakdowns and they were befuddled by the way the FSU DC chose to contain the run and Jackson...which makes me feel better cause you know Venables will have them figured out and as long as we don't break assignments, our D should be able to stop them.

Their D I think is good, but again if we're starting to click and play like we can, I think we can score on them.

Sep 23, 2016, 3:42 PM

BTW, did last night's slug-it-out against the Queen Bees remind anyone of the Danny Ford teams? Just enough offense and smothering defense. That's the way they won a Natty back in '81. Just a thought.

Sep 24, 2016, 1:10 PM

Clemson has a good defense and defense wins championships.

The biggest problem they have is when they extend a drive with sloppy penalties. This is fixable. I see far fewer "busts" than last year, even with the changes in personnel.

Sep 23, 2016, 6:52 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Room for Improvement: Offense hit and miss against Jackets ]

THINK! I know we can score on them. He really haven't been truly hit yet. Just been running all over the field, freely and at will. He will be hit this coming Saturday and hard, mark my word. If he can continue to run like he has been after a few earth shaking licks, Then give him the heisman before he leave the field, because he will have earned it and down right deserves it.

You're right about Jackson's arm

Sep 24, 2016, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Room for Improvement: Offense hit and miss against Jackets ]

I watched the FSU v Lou game yesterday and their offense really isn't that dissimilar from GT's. 2/3 plays are runs while taking a few shots down field to back the DB's up. I'm guessing Jackson just ins't as developed as a passer right now and his legs are doing quite well so they go with it.

I'll give them credit they have two fast guys in the backfield, which reminds me of the WVU Orange Bowl, but our defense absolutely smothered GT. GT isn't as quick but I'm sure their playbook is more developed than Louisville's. If we stop the run again we will do well against the Cards. Given the discipline that we played with Thursday I think we'll make it a good game at least. Usually the 3O is man on man tackling but we had players shedding blocks and gang tackling the runner, great to see.

Sep 23, 2016, 7:21 PM

Coach Elliot and Scott have found something in moving J. Leggit in the receiver spot throughout the field.

Sep 23, 2016, 7:54 PM

Well 1st. It was a good win. We all want a blowout, but face it we will play them again. Yes there is room for improvement on both sides of the ball. 4 games 4 wins. Win the rest is what counts. Go Tigers

Keys to success

Sep 24, 2016, 3:40 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=20088346

Just saying..

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic