Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Robbie Caldwell on the OL: "We've got a chance to be pretty good"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,904

New Story: Robbie Caldwell on the OL: "We've got a chance to be pretty good"

Jul 24, 2017, 7:01 AM

Robbie Caldwell on the OL: "We've got a chance to be pretty good"

Four out of the five offensive linemen that were in the game during the winning drive against Alabama in January are back this season, with Jay Guillermo the lone departure. With talent and experience, a pretty good offensive line might just be even better.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Robbie Caldwell on the OL: "We've got a chance to be pretty good"

Jul 24, 2017, 8:07 AM

Hope this is just a classic Caldwell understatement. 'Chance to be good' I think he meant 'great'

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alabama has trademarked use of the term "great" when it

Jul 24, 2017, 8:12 AM

comes to the sport of college football.

- Finebum

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Robbie Caldwell on the OL: "We've got a chance to be pretty good"

Jul 24, 2017, 10:42 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Robbie Caldwell on the OL: "We've got a chance to be pretty good" ]

I do not think Caldwell uses coach speak nor does he poor mouth.... I think his comments are very sincere and we do have a chance to be good even a chance to be "pretty good"! :)

It is obvious he likes this group, he is talking about playing 10 on the OL..... If we are playing 10 on the OL we are running at likely a 90 plays/game on offense. Alabama's D was worn down after 90, maybe FSU can hang with 90 this year but they are the only team we play that will come close. If we are hitting 90 plays we will own the 4th quarter in every game.

Jul 25, 2017, 11:04 AM

I saw the interview with coach Caldwell. Not one to under or overstate. Sounded very down to earth to me.

Jul 25, 2017, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Robbie Caldwell on the OL: "We've got a chance to be pretty good" ]

Coaches often use terms like "pretty good" and "nice player". I think they are just being conservative or perhaps don't want to sound like they are boasting. Also, they certainly don't want to get these young guys all puffed up. Or, if a coach uses the word "great" and the player turns out to be not so great, it makes the coach look preety bad.

Jul 24, 2017, 9:15 AM

The more I read about what the coaches are saying the more confidence I am gaining in this team. I think it's going to be another special year just like what we've had the last few years. Nobody can win a national title every year but don't count this team out. :)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2017, 11:56 AM

This transformation of the OL into a real strength, rather than a perennial weakness is the best news we have gotten in a long time. The games are won and lost at the lines of scrimmage, and those now are great strengths for us. Don't believe me? Take a look at the last quarter of the AL games. Same can be said for all of the games we played. Great job Coach Caldwell!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SIZE !!!!!! WOW !!!!

Jul 24, 2017, 12:38 PM

Just the ""SIZE"" of these guys now is some kind of awesome!!!! - 6'5" & up !! __ 300+++ pounds & up!! and quick too!!!! ____ even the incoming freshman and future commitments are ""full grown men"" ______ Clemson really got a great CEO/Cheerleader/Coach, when they hired that real estate agent guy from Pelham ,Alabama !!!! GO TIGERS !!!

Finally, a position article with some details. Maybe we

Jul 24, 2017, 2:02 PM

need Coach Caldwell to do them all.

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,904
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic