Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Recruits react to the departure of Chad Morris
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

New Story: Recruits react to the departure of Chad Morris

Dec 2, 2014, 7:01 AM

Recruits react to the departure of Chad Morris

Offensive coordinator Chad Morris was named the head coach at SMU Monday afternoon, and TigerNet reached out to several of the Tigers' top prospects to see if the change of coaches affects how they view Clemson. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good news across the board especially with ray ray and deon***

Dec 2, 2014, 7:27 AM

Re: good news across the board especially with ray ray and deon***

Dec 2, 2014, 8:21 AM

"Coach Swinney told me this would happen and assured me he wasn’t going to change the offense, so I shouldn’t worry about him hiring an offensive coordinator that runs the wing-t.”

Tucker is always pretty good with his quotes. Props for the Wing T reference.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2014, 8:29 AM

I just want to keep all those beasts on the o line we have coming in, I can't remember ever getting commits like the ones we have right now

Too bad TK79 isn't around to see all the Caldwell love by the stud big uglies.

Dec 2, 2014, 8:51 AM

Not that it would change TK79's mind either. Lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dang it!! I was hoping to see some good ol wing t or maybe a

Dec 2, 2014, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Re: good news across the board especially with ray ray and deon*** ]

fullback. Speaking of fullbacks....the coots were so desperate that they had to put one in.

Dec 2, 2014, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Re: good news across the board especially with ray ray and deon*** ]

> "Coach Swinney told me this would happen and assured
> me he wasn’t going to change the offense, so I
> shouldn’t worry about him hiring an offensive
> coordinator that runs the wing-t.”
>
> Tucker is always pretty good with his quotes. Props
> for the Wing T reference.

This is the quote that makes me go "humm". I wonder how long ago Swinney told him that would happen? If he means just in the last week or two, or if Swinney has been telling people for longer than that...

Ray ray and deon came for dabo and jeff Scott but mainly jeff Scott

Dec 2, 2014, 9:16 AM [ in reply to good news across the board especially with ray ray and deon*** ]

Players really bond with jeff Scott and he gets a ton of talent in by being straight up and honest with them. Deon especially he has a really close relationship with jeff Scott and even has pictures of them together on twitter and other social media. The interesting part of it all is how it seemed some want jeff Scott to be the guy, you have to wonder how that plays into the decision. People don't seem to realize jeff Scott has been learning under chad Morris since the day he got here and chad has been preparing him to one day possibly take over the offensive coordinator duties. People act like all he does is coach reveivers and doesn't know the first thing about offense and It couldn't be farther from the truth, where do you think all these young new offensive coordinators that run the his malzahn type offense come from? They all train with an established coach like malzahn or chad morris then they become an offensive coordinator either at their school or elsewhere. Losing jeff Scott would be a much bigger blow than chad morris, I would expect a pretty significant decline in recruiting but I truly believe eventually it's going to be dabo, Scott, and BV as our coaches and I am pretty excited for that day whenever it comes. I hope jeff gets to call the bowl game and then we can go from there

Re: New Story: Recruits react to the departure of Chad Morris

Dec 2, 2014, 7:29 AM

It sounds like Jeff Scott has earned the job, but I wonder what play-calling experience he has.

How much did Chad involve him in drawing up plays?

Dec 2, 2014, 7:55 AM

with the talent coming back on the offense he should have a nice learning curve

Dec 2, 2014, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Recruits react to the departure of Chad Morris ]

Scott has alil experience. Began his coaching career at Blythewood (S.C.) High and won a state title in his first year and the program’s first year. It is believed to be the first time that occurred in South Carolina high school football history. They had a pretty sick offense there too.

Dec 2, 2014, 7:50 AM

Really great to hear what these recruits are thinking. Thanks for the story, great job as always!

Dec 2, 2014, 7:53 AM

Selling and promoting the school and the system speaks volumes for the program...if all we had to attract student athletes were Ol Ball Sack and the SEC, we would have all the commits to begin to look elsewhere...

Re: New Story: Recruits react to the departure of Chad Morris and hope Jeff Scott gets OC

Dec 2, 2014, 7:57 AM

Hope Dabo promotes from within. Jeff Scott is a Clemson grad and has been around Coaching all his life. I guess that his Dad might of had something to do with that. The biggest plus is he is a great recruiter, and a great judge of talent whether polished or raw. I hope Dabo hires him, because he would definitely be missed on the sidelines as well as the recruiting trail. I also would be willing to bet Chad is waiting to see if Dabo hires him. If Dabo skipsover him and hires from the outside, wouldn't be surprised if Chad talked him into coming to SMU.

This may sound weird but like Morris, By b. Jeff Scott gets OC***

Dec 2, 2014, 8:01 AM

Dec 2, 2014, 8:17 AM

FWIW - Morris' departure doesn't affect my commitment either. I'm still ALL IN.

The kids really like Jeff Scott...

Dec 2, 2014, 8:25 AM

The last time Clemson promoted the WR coach it work out pretty well I think.

this has made me feel a lot better

Dec 2, 2014, 8:34 AM

I was honestly worried about some of these kids following him out the door! Good to hear they are still committed.

Re: this has made me feel a lot better

Dec 2, 2014, 9:17 AM

I'd be more worried they just reopen their recruiting to other schools. I can't really imagine kids from the SE switching from a top D1 school to SMU that not only sucks, but is 900 miles away to boot.

So Mecole Hardman seems the only one potential

Dec 2, 2014, 9:17 AM

to be affected by it. Hopefully with a good hire there, he'll have his concerns eased and be All In by the time he graduates.

Re: So Mecole Hardman seems the only one potential

Dec 2, 2014, 3:21 PM

I stated in a post earlier last week about him...

Kid is staying in-state...Hes just been eating up the recruiting process to go see marguee games..Have a buddy that is on the staff at his high school...No use in trying to recruit this kid

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: New Story: Interesting Thoughts

Dec 2, 2014, 9:32 AM

If Chad Morris had been talking to SMU since the beginning of the season, and he had communicated this to Dabo, could it be.possible Dabo told Chad to get Jeff Scott more involved with ALL phases of the offense ? Kind of like a quickie internship and or evaluation of his abilities as a Offensive Co-ordinator. Sure hope Jeff Scott gets the job. Players like him, recruits like him and so do a majority of the fans. Plus, he is a Clemson Grad. Doesn't get much better than that ! GO TIGERS !!!!!!

Re: New Story: Interesting Thoughts

Dec 2, 2014, 6:27 PM

Coach Scott has been under coach Morris since Day one knowing he would be leaving for a head coaching job.The way I understand it he has helped draw up a lot of the plays after he understood Morris' offenses.He is one of the best recruiters and his record speaks for its self. Great choice. Go Tigers

I like that Ray Ray said WE.. could be talking about fam, but

Dec 2, 2014, 9:37 AM

it makes sense that the we is he and Deon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I like that Ray Ray said WE.. could be talking about fam, but

Dec 2, 2014, 10:55 AM

Ray Ray actually posted an ALL IN reply to one of Artavis' retweets that he's looking forward to playing with him (Tay) on the team next year...Tay replied back to Ray Ray that it's gonna be fun!

Yeah, we fans think it's gonna be real fun to watch too ;) - GO TIGERS!

Dec 2, 2014, 11:18 AM

Hardman was the only hard case but had some intelligent things to say.

Dec 2, 2014, 11:21 AM

I think it's no doubt Jeff Scott has the job or it would've been him going to SMU as Chad's OC.

Best post on this subject I've seen.***

Dec 2, 2014, 11:44 AM

The Same Question

Dec 2, 2014, 3:19 PM

The same question was posed last year to Deshaun, and his answer was just like the rest of them. His commitment is to Clemson, and a coaching change wouldn't mean anything to that commitment. I wish Chad the best, but these guys are much better off staying with this organization. Can you imagine giving up what we have ahead of us for a program, that is a dumpster fire? Me either! These guys aren't coot commits, you know. Our guys do have a brain, and they use it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2014, 3:23 PM

Glad to hear these guys comments... we will still be very good because we have a lot of great recruits coming in.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic