Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Recruiting Roundup: Offers go out, Tigers in play for top recruits
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 4,751

New Story: Recruiting Roundup: Offers go out, Tigers in play for top recruits

May 27, 2017, 8:01 AM

Recruiting Roundup: Offers go out, Tigers in play for top recruits

Clemson coaches came off the road for a few days earlier this week, but that doesn’t mean things have slowed down on the recruiting front as the Tigers made some new offers and made the top group for several high-profile prospects. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Damien Pierce

May 27, 2017, 9:52 AM

IMO, if Pierce wanted to commit to Clemson. I would take him!
Seems Georgia is in good shape with Teague, White and maybe
even Pierce. which seems abit strange.
----------------------------------------------------------
As for Muhammad, like I have said before. I am sure CU would take
him. But I don't get the sense Clemson is the team to beat. And
being in the top 10 probably doesn't mean a whole lot.

Re: Damien Pierce

May 27, 2017, 10:03 AM

Strange that Georgia and Alabama want Pierce and we don't. It's not talent . He fits the power back that we are looking for. Is White a lock for Georgia?

May 27, 2017, 10:30 AM

Personally...
I won't say White is a "lock" to Georgia...
But ya gotta believe they're the team to beat here-
Reports I have heard recently is Clemson is a distant
5th....yes, I said 5th for Zamir white.

Ga, OSU, Bama, NC then Clemson---in order.

May 27, 2017, 10:47 AM

That expands the mystery. Pierce is the power back that we have been looking for and he is interested in us. Teague is out and Lawrence is in play. Are we waiting till next year to sign the top back in the country?

Coaching Staff

May 27, 2017, 11:39 AM

Honestly, I'm not sure the staff knows for sure what they wanna do at RB for the 018 class.
Maybe that explains why only 1 back currently holds an offer....White.
But, it seems like Pierce would be worthy of one as well....don't ya think.

Numbers are starting to crunch for the 2018 class, and there's still several other positions
to worry about.(players)

:)

Re: Coaching Staff

May 27, 2017, 11:52 AM

That's my thoughts exactly. Why aren't we going after Pierce ? There is nothing out there that says White is leaning to us. Is it off the field stuff with Pierce?

Re: Coaching Staff

May 27, 2017, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Coaching Staff ]

We actually have 2 rb offers out on is of course white but Devo Lawrence holds a clemson offer. I think he will be our fall back second choice if white commits to Georgia.(which o would really like bc lawerence is my second favorite behind white). W.e happens with RBs in this class I trust coaches, just look at last year last minute reaching into Louisiana and getting an really good back that LSU wanted. I'm not worried about RB situation, I trust Elliot and coaching staff.

May 27, 2017, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Damien Pierce ]

We have RBs, Travis Etienne, Tavien Feaster, Adam Choice, C.J. Fuller. Choice and Fuller will be leaving after this season. If we don't take any RBs in this class, we will be on thin ice with only two scholarship RBs on roster for 2018 season. Dangerous territory IMO!!! If we can't get who we really want, coaches may have to go hard after Jahmir Smith from NC that is already ticked off bc we haven't already offered him, but, that is why our coaches are paid those big $$$ bucks for. We have faced slippery slops before, and we have survived!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2017, 12:19 PM

Who gives a hoot what athlete is 'ticked off' at Clemson?!? Welcome to Life 101, where you evaluate the opportunities in front of you, without worrying whether Jones or Smith was offered before you. Does Clemson get ticked off because they offer, yet a player lists other schools as favorites?

Slippery slopes? Seriously? Tell you what...check the trophy case in Columbia to see how their 'slippery slope fun' has delivered, and compare it to Clemson's! Their's is notable by the echoes in the room. Clemson...not so much...just a buzz of excitement, awe, and pride.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2017, 3:33 PM

We can't expect these kids with good offers to wait forever. White is the big fish but he is oversign worthy. Alabama takes quality backs. To not go after Pierce makes no sense given that he wants to visit us. Teague is gone. The back from North Carolina as stated is miffed that we haven't recruited him hard. With two gone after this season, it makes sense to sign at least one.

May 30, 2017, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Damien Pierce ]

Perhaps one of our QB's, corners or slot reveivers would be a great RB.

I'm trusting the coaches but with White not looking good

May 27, 2017, 12:29 PM

You would think we would offer atleast one more RB. Worst case scenario is we could over sign with White(who would be worth oversigning for) but we're losing two RB's after this year so we don't to be heading into next year with only two on scholarship.

Re: New Story: Recruiting Roundup: Offers go out, Tigers in play for top recruits

May 27, 2017, 3:05 PM

Good article. I wonder how many olinemen we are taking and which posistions. I kinda thought we were kinda going after 1 OT with Carmen being priority and 2 guards Salyer and hill being top two choices. With us talking to that other tackle wonder if it's back up choice or we might be going after 2 tackles and 2 guards interested to see how it works out.

Re: New Story: Recruiting Roundup: Offers go out, Tigers in play for top recruits

May 27, 2017, 3:42 PM

WHy is benables not playing in under armpit game

Replies: 14
| visibility 4,751
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic