Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Ray-Ray McCloud ready to be Clemson's next home run threat
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

New Story: Ray-Ray McCloud ready to be Clemson's next home run threat

May 20, 2015, 10:46 PM

Ray-Ray McCloud ready to be Clemson's next home run threat

The college baseball season may be about to end, but Ray-Ray McCloud - Clemson's newest home run hitter - is about to step foot on campus and be an instant threat in Clemson's football offense. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Ray-Ray McCloud ready to be Clemson's next home run threat

May 20, 2015, 10:53 PM

Can't wait to see him and Cain on the field!! Will just add to the amazing players we have had from FL. Not only help on the friend but helps recruiting future playmakers from Florida. Just building a NFL factory for FL skill players. #Allin

Hard to know what to expect as a true freshman in a deep receiving corps

May 20, 2015, 11:06 PM

But he sure can be explosive returning kicks from the jump and it's been awhile since we've had this type of threat in the return game

we are in for a treat for the next several years! It seems

May 21, 2015, 6:24 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Ray-Ray McCloud ready to be Clemson's next home run threat ]

like just yesterday that I was watching the UGA game in Athens and thinking that we need some playmakers and now we have them all over the field. It is a good time to be a Tiger!!

May 20, 2015, 11:14 PM

I love this guy's film and think he's going to be a monster but are we maybe expecting too much for a kid who's gonna be a true freshman playing at 5'9" 176? That's really, really small. It'd be one thing if he had enrolled early and got a spring in and workouts but coming in this late and that small? I hope he has an all American season but that size just kind of concerns me

That's BS Tiger13...Artavis Scott was 5'10" and 180

May 21, 2015, 12:10 AM

Ray Ray is a phenom just like Tay and will be an impact player from the 1st time he steps on the field.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's BS Tiger13...Artavis Scott was 5'10" and 180

May 21, 2015, 12:55 AM

To put it in prospective, their is an NFL WR that is listed at 5'9" 185lbs and was the scariest thing you ever seen as a DB. He blew the doors off when he played for the Panthers. His name was Steve Smith. Ever heard of him? If he was 5'8" 176 and a D-lineman, then your reaction is valid. The 2-man and 5-man are "mismatch" positions. If he is as fast as everyone says, I would hate to be the LB or FS that has to come up and play Ray-squared!

Re: That's BS Tiger13...Artavis Scott was 5'10" and 180

May 21, 2015, 5:01 PM [ in reply to That's BS Tiger13...Artavis Scott was 5'10" and 180 ]

Jacoby Ford is about the same size***

May 23, 2015, 8:56 PM [ in reply to That's BS Tiger13...Artavis Scott was 5'10" and 180 ]

think Antonio Brown, Santana Moss, or Tavon Austin

May 21, 2015, 12:18 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Ray-Ray McCloud ready to be Clemson's next home run threat ]

believe it or not, small wr's can be exceptional players too.

you may be overthinking it this time, just sit back and

May 21, 2015, 6:26 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Ray-Ray McCloud ready to be Clemson's next home run threat ]

enjoy!

May 21, 2015, 7:00 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Ray-Ray McCloud ready to be Clemson's next home run threat ]

Have you stood next to Artavis? He isn't huge.....don't let size shake you.. sounding like ESECPN....

May 21, 2015, 8:05 AM

Knew I was going to get struck down for that comment but y'all are right

May 21, 2015, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Ray-Ray McCloud ready to be Clemson's next home run threat ]

He isn't huge but he is an absolute beast solid as a rock. I highly doubt ray ray looks anything physically compared to AS once he gets in campus and in that weight room things just might change.

May 21, 2015, 8:04 PM

On* campus

Think Deanthony Thomas

May 21, 2015, 4:09 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Ray-Ray McCloud ready to be Clemson's next home run threat ]

Thomas was under 170 when stepped on the for Oregon. But that little ####### was one of the most electrifying players I've ever seen. I think he is the fastest player I've ever seen in pads. Not everyone has to be 6'4 230 at WR or 6'1 225 at RB to make an impact. Ray-Ray is that guy that you just can't get a solid hit on like Warrick Dunn or Knowshawn Moreno (at UGA). BTW, what did Bellamy weigh when he got to Clemson? Didn't stop him on that 75 yard TD he had the very first ti.e he touched the ball in college.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopper is only 175lb's and gets plenty of snaps

May 21, 2015, 7:44 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Ray-Ray McCloud ready to be Clemson's next home run threat ]

His size is not an issue especially when no one on the D can even touch him. Kid is going to be explosive. Cain is the one with good size and those two are going to be a heck of a duo. Combine that with Scott and Williams down field ability and DW should have a field day slinging the ball this season.

Re: Hopper is only 175lb's and gets plenty of snaps

May 21, 2015, 8:01 PM

Do not forget about Peake that boy is finally healthy and can flat out play. If I recall he was recruited higher than Sammy just finally got healthy again. Not sayin he is Sammy or better btw. Nobody can ever be Sammy Watkins. Peake has the ability to be great and have a great year. WE TOO DEEP so many options for DW.

Yes hopefully Peake shines this season as well

May 24, 2015, 11:48 PM

With all the injuries he has had to endure he is well deserving of having a healthy successful season. Hopefully if he is healthy he is not mentally gun shy from such bad luck and can go out and play without worrying about re-injuring him self.

May 21, 2015, 12:41 AM

Ray Ray will most likely be used on special teams his freshman year. He will be a home run threat every time he touches the ball. He might save us in games on special teams if the offense can't move the ball.

May 21, 2015, 7:30 AM

If the offense can't move the ball this year we'll have much bigger problems than special teams. I see what you're saying, but lets be realistic. The offense should move the ball EVERY possession. GO TIGERS!!!!!

May 21, 2015, 8:44 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Ray-Ray McCloud ready to be Clemson's next home run threat ]

It sounds like RR is just as talented as Tay Scott from everything I've heard/read, so shouldn't we expect to see him a lot on the O instead of just special team KO's? If he's that good, and I think he is, then I expect to see him in a lot of situations by mid-season (sooner if he had enrolled earlier).

"If offense can't move the football" That made me lulz...***

May 21, 2015, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Ray-Ray McCloud ready to be Clemson's next home run threat ]

Thank God he is playing baseball too, we need the help***

May 21, 2015, 9:05 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CAN'T WAIT to see this kid on the field.

May 21, 2015, 2:03 PM

I can honestly say that Sammy was the last time I got this excited about an incoming freshman, but I'm trying to not let my cart get to market before my horse. It'll show pretty quick if he's as talented as advertised. Just go do your thing, Ray Ray. Either way, I'm still happy he's a Tiger. I know a certain receiver that better up his game in a hurry...

imagine this play...

May 21, 2015, 2:40 PM

Double jet sweep with a reverse option
With Tay on one side and RR on the other with DW at QB that could fake it and run. No defense can stop that if DW makes the right read even if they know the play is coming. The plays they can draw up are RIDICULOUS.

May 21, 2015, 4:23 PM

Sweet hopefully He will be a good one for Jack.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 21, 2015, 8:34 PM

I hope he doesn't think he's that much better than the receiver's already on the roster. Future is bright but maybe needs to calm down a bit...

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic