Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Radakovich says Swinney's new deal reflects on and off the field accomplishments
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

New Story: Radakovich says Swinney's new deal reflects on and off the field accomplishments

Jan 19, 2014, 12:18 PM

Radakovich says Swinney's new deal reflects on and off the field accomplishments

Clemson Athletic Director Dan Radakovich told TigerNet Saturday afternoon that head coach Dabo Swinney's new eight-year deal is a reflection of not only what the team has accomplished on the field, but also of what has been accomplished in the classroom. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Radakovich says Swinney's new deal reflects on and off the field accomplishments

Jan 19, 2014, 12:22 PM

So it helps not to show up drunk on his post game talk show?

That's delightful.

Jan 19, 2014, 12:38 PM

It is what it is and it's delightful.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Radakovich says Swinney's new deal reflects on and off the field accomplishments

Jan 21, 2014, 7:45 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Radakovich says Swinney's new deal reflects on and off the field accomplishments ]

Dabo should get falling down drunk for his show if it means a win against Scar.

Kinda silly for us to take shots at a team that has beat us 5 years in a row now, and counting. No end to this thing in site..

8 years?!?!?

Jan 19, 2014, 12:36 PM

How dare Dabo want to see his son grow up in Clemson. Hmmmpphh the audacity!!!

Jan 19, 2014, 12:47 PM

I don't mind the 8 year deal, and I certainly don't mind the raise. He certainly earned it. What I don't get is the complete one sidedness of the buyout. If Dabo leaves on his own next year he owes the school 5 million, but if he goes 1-11 and is fired the school owes him 24 million? How is that reasonably fair?

Jan 19, 2014, 1:41 PM

^^^^^this!

Jan 19, 2014, 1:42 PM

If you question the buyout on this site though you are Un-paw-triotic!!

Jan 20, 2014, 1:16 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Radakovich says Swinney's new deal reflects on and off the field accomplishments ]

Dabo will not go 1-11 at Clemson, not in the next 8 years nor the next 20.

What if he goes 6-7 again w/ 5 more straight losses to SCar?

Jan 21, 2014, 2:16 PM

Or in the more likely scenario, what if he continues to lose to FSU and SCar, keeping Clemson as 2nd fiddle in the Atlantic and in the state?

Anything on the Assistant Coaches Contracts?***

Jan 19, 2014, 12:57 PM

Re: For a guy with ten letters in his last name, he has too

Jan 19, 2014, 3:26 PM

many vowels in it.

Outrageously lopsided buy-out is fair to BOTH sides?

Jan 21, 2014, 2:42 PM

I wouldn't have cared if they gave Dabo a 100-year contract as long as it didn't include a big buyout for Clemson.

Apparently the administration didn't learn their lesson from the foolish buyout that they granted to Tommy Bowden after the Arkansas newspapers and ESPN reported that the Arkansas BOT rejected Bowden as a "lateral move". Pumpers thought Tommy an awesome coach and a huge flight risk, but no other big-time school offered Tommy a job. When Clemson fired Tommy, he said that he'd like to coach again, but he's still unemployed and I've not heard of any big-time school pursuing him.

You only grant a big buyout if the coach is a flight risk. But it is highly unlikely that Dabo will get any better offers. We hear about candidate lists and candidate interviews regarding HC openings at big-time schools, but over Dabo's tenure, I've never heard Dabo's name mentioned (unlike Chad Morris)-- even though Dabo has been a very affordable candidate. I just don't see any big-time football school going after Dabo, so there's no reason to grant him an outrageously big buy-out-- especially now that the coaching changes have already been made and there is zero flight risk until next season.

Dabo has practically no negotiating leverage so why give him a buyout as though he has a gun to your head?

It's also insane to make the buy-out COMPLETELY lopsided. Effectively, only one side has a commitment.

But what else would I expect from the guy who risked hiring Paul Johnson to oversee the demise of GT football and the administration that gave Tommy Bowden a $4.5M buyout a few months before firing him?

Dabo is instrumental in saving souls on the football team.

Jan 21, 2014, 2:56 PM

You can't put a price on that.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic