Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Radakovich: Clemson baseball has plateaued, needs to compete for championships
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

New Story: Radakovich: Clemson baseball has plateaued, needs to compete for championships

Jun 4, 2015, 3:01 PM

Radakovich: Clemson baseball has plateaued, needs to compete for championships

Clemson Athletic Director Dan Radakovich said Thursday that his decision in parting ways with Hall of Fame baseball coach Jack Leggett came down to one thing – Radakovich thinks the Tigers should be playing for championships, something Clemson hasn’t been able to accomplish in recent seasons. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope to the good Lord above he applies the

Jun 4, 2015, 3:14 PM

same logic to basketball and after next year comes to the conclusion "We can be better!" That situation is personally for me more agonizing.

Re: I hope to the good Lord above he applies the

Jun 4, 2015, 3:16 PM

Hate to burst your bubble but Brownell will be here for two more years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Thanks, MyShadow.

Jun 4, 2015, 3:22 PM

I just took a dump. Care to comment on that, too?

Re: Thanks, MyShadow.

Jun 4, 2015, 3:25 PM

Sorry for informing you. If you want less replies from me then stop posting stupid crap I have to correct.

null

What are you babbling about?

Jun 4, 2015, 3:31 PM

Shouldn't you be at Tommy's Ham House giving out handies?

Re: What are you babbling about?

Jun 4, 2015, 3:35 PM

Nice to see I have managed to make another bigot reveal himself.

Looks like we might have another Shanely Scok on our hands.

null

Eh, the ole scok line......

Jun 4, 2015, 3:40 PM

always a fun one to break out. Whose scok is this? Har har har......a bigot, lol. Another cool breeze right winger Internet tough guy....

It's 117's old stand by.....

Jun 5, 2015, 10:41 AM

Don't have anything relevant to say (which is about 99.978654% of the time with 117), break out the old screen name question.

God I hope not!!! That would be awful!***

Jun 4, 2015, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Re: I hope to the good Lord above he applies the ]

What would be awful about it?

Jun 4, 2015, 3:36 PM

Brownell has plateaued. Two more years of 55-48 losses will be two too many. Just my opinion...

Re: What would be awful about it?

Jun 4, 2015, 3:37 PM

He was responding to my post and agreeing with you that Coach Brownell should be fired.

null

That is what I'm saying

Jun 4, 2015, 3:37 PM [ in reply to What would be awful about it? ]

Brownell should have been canned at the end of this year. I don't understand how he has 2 more years in some people's book!

His buyout is $5M

Jun 4, 2015, 3:40 PM

In two years it drops to $3.5M

Re: That is what I'm saying

Jun 4, 2015, 3:42 PM [ in reply to That is what I'm saying ]

Because some of us know what his buy out is?

null

It is the new one motives arena that is coming.

Jun 4, 2015, 3:44 PM [ in reply to That is what I'm saying ]

Sit tight. That will change his recruiting and mind and crowd numbing offense. This past year just soured me on him for good. Time for a change. We are just wasting years.

Auto correct madness.***

Jun 4, 2015, 3:45 PM

Agreed***

Jun 4, 2015, 3:45 PM [ in reply to It is the new one motives arena that is coming. ]

Jun 4, 2015, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Re: I hope to the good Lord above he applies the ]

> Hate to burst your bubble but Brownell will be here
> for two more years.

As he should be... Brad is a very good coach and will produce!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2015, 9:27 PM

I hope he gets at least three!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

117 gets under more people's skin

Jun 4, 2015, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Re: I hope to the good Lord above he applies the ]

I can respect something like that. But yes, he will be here at least 2 more years.

Re: 117 gets under more people's skin

Jun 4, 2015, 3:45 PM

haha its only a select few.

I find it quite amusing.

null

That is the battle cry of the trolly types.

Jun 4, 2015, 3:47 PM

"It amuses me." Dude, get a hobby.

He already has one........

Jun 4, 2015, 3:49 PM

if you get my drift.

Re: That is the battle cry of the trolly types.

Jun 4, 2015, 3:49 PM [ in reply to That is the battle cry of the trolly types. ]

God what are you my Shadow I just took a #### you want to tell me about that?

null

I would rather not talk about your

Jun 4, 2015, 3:53 PM

dumps but if I did I would say it was probably as strained and unpleasant as the rest of you seems to be.

Jun 4, 2015, 9:41 PM [ in reply to I hope to the good Lord above he applies the ]

After we play in Greenville next season? Did not realize we had so many D1 ADs on TigerNet.

It is an opinion.

Jun 4, 2015, 9:45 PM

That is all it is. An opinion. By the way, what kind of time frame do you give him after we are back in Clemson? I assume you think the building is going to change everything.

The baseball program had been good for so many years...

Jun 5, 2015, 12:12 AM [ in reply to I hope to the good Lord above he applies the ]

...that I personally took it for granted. The demise of the program over the last 5 years really opened my eyes as to just how much I took it for granted. I have always believed that Clemson's baseball program had more relevance, credibility, and overall respect than anything the basketball program has done. This is why I was so disappointed in just how long it took for some corrective actions at the coaching level. There is just too much pride in the program.

Having said that, the fan conditioning over the emotional scars and turmoils of the basketball program run deep and the nerve endings just don't have any feeling anymore.

Plan on seeing Brownell stroll courtside for another 3 years. I added 1 more year to the other response of 2 more years, because, the Littlejohn renovation will take 3 years to sink in the "well I needed a better stadium to recruit decent players." The guy is just such a pathetic recruiter, he will ride this Littlejohn renovation into the sunset.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: New Story: Radakovich: Clemson baseball has plateaued, needs to compete for championships

Jun 4, 2015, 3:55 PM

My concern is Rado seems to have a history of bargain hunting when he hires a new coach. If you look at his past hires @ Tech & the women's basketball coach @ Clemson, he seems to favor under the radar candidates from smaller schools who don't demand big paychecks.

Re: New Story: Radakovich: Clemson baseball has plateaued, needs to compete for championships

Jun 4, 2015, 10:17 PM

I just hope he brings in someone with proven head coaching experience. I did not like the sound of the "Lecroy talk". We have only gotten worse each year since he has come on staff. We can/need to do better than that. We need a fresh start.

Radakovich: Clemson baseball has plateaued, needs to compete for championships

Jun 4, 2015, 4:29 PM

Step 1: Check, part ways with Leggett ( who could not see for himself that the program was trending down and/or not accept that a change was needed )--Step 2: Conduct a national search for the best new coach that we can get who is a good fit for CU and the program--Step 3: Pay the $$$ as necessary ( without being ridiculous ) rather than have to put up with further mediocrity and/or more $$$ spent down the road for a buyout of a poor replacement coach.

Carry on DRad--I am proud that you had the nads to do the right thing, and sad that Jack forced you to have to do it.

Jun 5, 2015, 8:37 AM

Not too pleased about #7. The man is Clemson and there sure are a lot of folks who know that fact. Sure I like winning, but baseball at the college level is much more than W/L. Listen to the players. The AD is not a Clemsonite and has made a poor "Family" decision. I sort of feel like he is a step-dad and not very welcome. Fly high Jack and land in a sweet spot. Show'em.

Jun 5, 2015, 12:38 PM

The AD's hairdo has plateaued...

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic