Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Position changes improve Tigers' defense up the middle
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

New Story: Position changes improve Tigers' defense up the middle

Feb 11, 2016, 4:23 PM

Position changes improve Tigers' defense up the middle

Major league baseball teams place a premium on the defensive wizards who make playing shortstop and center field an art form. Why? Because the best teams are stronger up the middle. When Clemson opens the 2015 season next Friday against Maine, Clemson fans in Doug Kingsmore Stadium will see some familiar faces in different places as new head coach Monte Lee attempts to strengthen the Tigers’ defense in the middle of the diamond. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Position changes improve Tigers' defense up the middle

Feb 11, 2016, 4:42 PM

No mention of the Batson kid. Wonder if he'll DH?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

David great story but it ended a little premature. No

Feb 11, 2016, 5:05 PM

info on RF or LF or DH. It kinda felt like
a paragraph was missing. I can not wait for
next Friday, I think we are going to be very proud
of this hire. Coach Lee is a GREAT coach and the
kids really like him and the brand of baseball
he teaches and plays. I family friend was playing
for him at CC and they were devastated when Monte
took the Clemson job. He told us that the parents,
players and staff at CC absolutely miss his great
personality and attitude. He always sees the positive
in every situation. I for one can not wait to get to
know coach Lee and family. This was a home run hire
any way you look at it

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jolly at DH; if Rohlman's not at 1st, he'll be LF...

Feb 11, 2016, 5:20 PM

bats have to play.

Re: David great story but it ended a little premature. No

Feb 11, 2016, 6:48 PM [ in reply to David great story but it ended a little premature. No ]

Your saying there was a premature cessation ?
That can happen when ine is very excited about releasing a preseason baseball story .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 11, 2016, 5:14 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Position changes improve Tigers' defense up the middle ]

I don't have any answers, but I do feel that we have the right man at the steering wheel driving our team. Nothing bad about Jack except that I personally believe that the modern times of the game had passed him bye. I'm not saying that older men can't coach bc they can, but those are the ones that will keep up and make the right turns when the game makes a turn. If not, they get lost and every turn they make late in their career will be the wrong way. Stubbornness is what make the older coaches lose control of the steering wheel and wreck, just as Jack did. Stay with the times or get behind!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think our baseball team will be fun to watch this year

Feb 11, 2016, 5:10 PM

We need to keep in mind Monte is changing everything about our baseball program this year. It will take a couple of years to be great but it will be fun to watch aggressive baseball this year.

Monte brings a great style and approach to our baseball team. I hope he becomes the Dabo of baseball.

Go Tigers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

So we should hold off the

Feb 11, 2016, 6:34 PM

"Fire Monte" post until next year. I am joking of course
but as soon as the tigers lose there will be people
on the board calling for his dismissal. I think we
beat Tanner to the punch on this hire. I think Holbrook
has this year and if he does not produce he is gone.
I truly believe Lee was going to get the USuC job
and DRad beat him to the punch. We may not set the
world on fire this year but I see this program coming
back to where it was 8-10 years ago very soon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So we should hold off the

Feb 12, 2016, 10:08 PM

A couple of coot friends of mine (one a former USC baseball player, one a former USC football player) were not happy when we hired Coach Lee. Like Coothater said, they felt if Holbrook didn't produce this year that Monte would likely be his replacement. Additionally, they were concerned that USC would now have to recruit and compete against a Monte led Clemson. The former baseball player indicated he had played for Monte previously in some summer league during his high school years and said Monte was a great coach, a great guy and a great hire for Clemson. I think (and hope) the days of USC getting most all the baseball talent in SC, and of USC dominating Clemson in baseball, are almost over.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. I'm excited about Clemson baseball for the first

Feb 11, 2016, 7:16 PM [ in reply to I think our baseball team will be fun to watch this year ]

time in years. It may take a few years but I have a lot of confidence in Monte.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Feb 11, 2016, 6:25 PM

David is getting lazy... This article is a word for word taken from a video interview a week or more ago....

Feb 11, 2016, 10:23 PM

CUallen2275 you mean the video I shot and the question I asked so I could write this story?? Lol...yes how lazy of me to be so good at what I do

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

burn.....

Feb 12, 2016, 2:11 PM

sizzle

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Down goes the coot! Down goes the coot!***

Feb 12, 2016, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Position changes improve Tigers' defense up the middle ]

null

Feb 13, 2016, 6:23 PM

I'm cutting David some slack on this article. Written words, can also be just spoken words, written down. Good to read 'em written down, if you missed 'em when spoken.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic